“Not bad for the price if it's just for a night.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Unlike another reviewer, we had a great shower. The place wasn't dirty by any means, but it didn't have an overall new or fresh feeling. Our sheets, for example, were pink, as if we were staying at someone's house. The pillows were king-sized, but flat like many hotel pillows. The shower/toilet area was tiny , but there's a large vanity. There are coffee makers in the rooms, which I didn't see mentioned on the website. Breakfast was grab and go fruit or cereal. Worst problem was the toilet overflowed right after we got there and I had to request twice that they come fix it before I went out. It nearly overflowed the next morning. It was a close call, but everything went down. I went to return the key, but nobody to tell the toilet problem wasn't resolved.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 19 February 2013

AWFUL.
1. Rate listed was not honored. Told it was only for one person.
2. Room cramped. Bathroom so small you couldn't move. Not even a toilet seat cover to aid in putting something down.
3. Heater didn't work well. Had to keep getting up during the night to adjust.
4. Pillows looked like old throw pillows stuffed into a pillow case. Lumpy also. I was fortunate to get the one with mascara still on it and cigarette holes in the sheets.
5. No one at Front Desk to return key and speak to about these problems.
6. Radio/clock not even working.
7. When leaving EARLY next morning, had 2 big garbage bags next to car (don't know what was in them or who put them there. No cars right next to me on either side.

Late in the evening not a single car. Next morning noticed qute a crowd. Felt this was a pickup
motel. NEVER AGAIN at a Rodeway Inn!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank girlfriends2
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I chose to stay at this motel because it was listed by a well-known publisher of travel guides, and was the cheapest room I could find between North of Nashville and Mammoth Cave, KY. It was nothing special, but at the same time, the room was only ~$35. The main area of the room was small, but the bathroom was fairly large. The continental breakfast proided was minimal, (compared to what other places provide) but in their defense, they do not have a lot of room available to put out a large spread. The property is in a business area, so there are plenty of chain restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Late night arrival, and had a difficult time getting a room; the first hotel wouldn't let us see a room (EVERY other hotel just hands me a key), the second had great rooms, but charged too much for having a dog, and then there was RodeWay Inn.

The lobby was tiny, and I spied 2 small containers of cereal, and a coffee maker (family sized). That didn't bode well for breakfast. It smelled like curry, which I love if I'm going to have dinner-- Not if I am checking into a hotel.

The room was "just renovated" and was clean, (I always do a bedbug check and look in the bathroom) so we took it.

BUT--the room was tiny and crammed with "hotel furniture" and I had to walk sideways to squeeze my way to the bathroom. When my dog was laying down, there was NO floor space! Even the water closet was so small I had to maneuver around when opening the door to get out. No matter, we just needed a bed.

The overall color of the room felt like a "bordello red" and the weird curtains had valances that looked like giant eyes watching my while I slept.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaVita429
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Water in shower was not hot, plenty of hot for sink but not shower.
Wall paper folding in corner

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bllgcooper
Reviewed 23 November 2010

We were in town for a funeral, so we didn't have a whole lot of time to plan or excess funds for the trip. As the better rooms at a competitor were snapped up, and we had family coming from different locations, this place seemed to have the better reviews considering those places left showing rooms available. The room was clean though quite small for a room with two double beds. Decorations and furnishings were dated. When we arrived, despite a sign posting rooms for $35 a night, we were told that was only for a one person, one bed room. We were pretty much held to our reservation price of $56/ night. Aside from the cramped room space, the room would have been fine for our purposes had the walls not been paper thin. This hotel, along with others on Wade Circle, are right in between two major freeways. So, not only were we able to hear our neighbors talking late into the night but the highway traffic noise was pretty loud and kept us awake, or at least kept us from sleeping well after 10 hours of driving. Trying to get someone at the office on the phone at night is a waste. No one answered despite multiple calls and rings. Free wi-fi internet promised was non-existent. We asked multiple times for the password, given the same one several times, and never able to connect. If we'd had more time to plan or a few more dollars to spend on the Country Inn across the stress, we would have opted for that hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Cushmanh
Reviewed 15 June 2010

The Rodeway Inn in Goodlettsville is probably the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in.It had apparently been recently remodeled and was spotless.The room was small but when you're on vacation all you need is a place to sleep and shower.This motel provided that .The bed was very comfortable.It was also quiet .We never heard a sound during the night.It is located in walking distance of the Rivergate Mall and easy access to I-65 with a short drive to Nashville.Several restraunts are nearby.It is also reasonably priced.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple