“Wonderful B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gordonsville
Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Gordonsville B&B and Inns
Ashland, Kentucky
“Wonderful B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My fiance and I chose to elope to Butterfly Hollow. It was a wonderful experience and the hollow is a paradise! The house is incredibly clean, smells WONDERFUL, and David and Sharon are an amazing couple! They did a wonderful job planning all the details of our special day and we hope to return soon to spend more time there! The food was fabulous and the surroundings are breathtaking.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We especially love how you made note of the "smells". The combination of the earthy-wood scents from all the Tulip Poplar inside, along with fresh flowers in every room, the occasional waft of Sage and Lavender from our home grown incense and the lingering essence of breakfast ..... ahhh the perfect blend.

D & S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Taylor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We were married in April 2013, and being my first wedding, I was very nervous. We live in Michigan, so we had to go over our wedding details by e-mail and phone calls. The hosts, Sharon and David, answered all of my questions. They even answered questions I never thought to ask! Upon our arrival, the property was a picture right out of a magazine. A butterfly followed us up the road leading to the house. The smells and sounds took us over. The living quarters were clean, private, and five star. My family and friends that joined us were at a loss for words.

Butterfly Hollow will forever be in our hearts. If you have stumbled upon this place, you are one of the lucky ones.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian N Jennife... F
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
We loved seeing your smiles as you arrived in the hollow. I hope the butterfly that led you in, followed you home too. Thank you for all the wonderful conversations and YES... please do find your way back to the hollow one day soon.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband and I were married at Butterfly Hollow in March 2013. Although our wedding took place in the middle of a thunderstorm, David and Sharon made our day absolutely perfect! Saying our vows inside of their home with family and friends was cozy and very romantic. We have made the promise to each other to stay at the hollow every year for our anniversary!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
It usually never rains on a wedding day..... but on this spring day, how special it truly was. The restored 1899 farmhouse was filled candles glowing in mason jars hanging from the rafters, flowers in every corner and a flicker in the fireplace to warm the day. What made it so special though was the love radiating between this awesome couple, the music he played for her on his guitar and the looks of love and admiration that was shared between all their guests. The perfect ending though was when the clouds cleared and we still were able to slip out into the gardens for a few wedding day pictures.

With Love-
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

My husband and I were married at Butterfly Hollow this past November and we could not be any happier. David and Sharon did an amazing job making our special day perfect! They took care of all the details and left us stress free. We had a few friends attend our ceremony and they raved about how beautiful everything turned out. Their property is absolutely gorgeous and so relaxing. We enjoyed this place so much that we plan on going back for our anniversary next year!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the kind and loving words. Weddings SHOULD be stress free and filled with what maters the most. We feel so privileged to have been a part of such a wonderful day.
Happy Beginnings!

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

When my husband and I got engaged last year, we like most couples first began looking for a venue to hold the ceremony and reception. I discovered Butterfly Hollow through searching through Google for "garden weddings". It kept popping up, and nothing else came close to comparison, so we knew that we needed to visit the Hollow for ourselves. When we had tea and cookies with Sharon and David, and took a little stroll around, we knew that this would be the place. It was so peaceful and full of natural life, it was magical. It was more than magical, we were actually arguing on the way there, and once we got there it was like a wave of peace came over us and calmed whatever it was that was causing us stress.

We set our date in June, and once the time came around, Sharon and David took care of everything: the pictures, cake, ceremony, flowers, and a whole lot more. My maid of honor and I stayed the night before and awoke to an amazing breakfast and beautiful scene for the wedding. It was such a beautiful stress free day, and they made it absolutely amazing and a day that one's wedding should feel like, special and beautiful.

I highly recommending visiting Butterfly Hollow for your intimate wedding or just to stay the weekend, either way you will come back rested and spiritually refreshed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of your wedding in Butterfly Hollow. You both radiated and we feel so honored to be a part of such a wonderful day in your lives. Love, D & S
Hartsville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

If you are looking to get away from it all and just be able to enjoy nature and the beauty the outdoors has to offer then this is the perfect place for you. Me and my husband stayed here to celebrate our fifth anniversay and plan to make this an annual event. It is so relaxing, David and Sharon make you feel like part of their family and are very easygoing good people......We highly recommened the Butterfly Hollow for any occasion.

Room Tip: both rooms are cozy,clean,and quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the glowing review! We'd love to make your anniversaries in Butterfly Hollow an annual tradition. D & S
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

My twin sister and I saw an advertisement for Butterfly Hollow in the spring and were very intrigued by all that David and Sharon had to offer. We immediately contacted them to inquire about scheduling a visit and due to their popularity, we were not able to book until that September. Given that autumn is my favorite season, I thought that it would be the perfect time. As it turns out, I was completely right! The wait was so worth it. It truly was one of the best decisions that my sister and I have made. We have wanted to experience a bed and breakfast, and we are beyond thankful that Butterfly Hollow was our first. Without a doubt, we will be returning. David and Sharon are so kind and generous, and one can tell that these attributes genuinely describe both of them to a t. I highly advise anyone to book a visit, either a "Rest and Retreat" as my sister and I did or a "Romantic Getaway." It is the perfect way to unwind, reenergize, and experience nature as it is intended.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
There's nothing finer than two sisters sharing a weekend together, laughing, and filling the hollow with your radiant smile and stories. We look forward to your next visit! D & S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gordonsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Lebanon
#1 of 3 in Carthage
Quality Inn Lebanon
Quality Inn Lebanon
#10 of 13 in Lebanon

Been to Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat? Share your experiences!