“Little House in the Big Woods”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gordonsville
Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Gordonsville B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee
“Little House in the Big Woods”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I just wanted to take a minute and thank you for making our wedding day so special. Not many business owners would offer to whip up turkey sandwiches for a family of six when they show up hungry at their door, but you did. That is what makes a business personal and you guys have that wrapped up! Our wedding was exactly what we wanted, beautiful and simple with those that we love the most in attendance. We were very pleased with our pictures and especially happy that they arrived in time for our reception with family and friends this weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paula G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I want to thank David &Sharon for making our wedding day the most beautiful and remarkable evening ever!!! We arrived and was greeted with open arms and hearts!!! Our families were welcomed with the same openness as well. We had a 5 pm ceremony and the weather was beautiful and it was calm and peaceful. I know God touched our wedding because the weather had been rainy the day before and it rained the next two days after. But Butterfly Hollow itself is breath taking and the place myself and my wife will visit again and again. The breakfast both mornings were awesome and the candlelight dinner was not only beautiful but the shrimp scampi was the best myself and my wife had ever had. David & Sharon are the kindest and sweetest couple and there words are spoken from the heart. I say that because after I met David when we arrived for the first time and after our hand shake we embraced like we had known each other for years. And I cannot say enough kind words about Sharon as well. The flowers for my wife our daughters and my mother in law were beautiful. The cake , the pictures, the whole wedding ceremony in itself was beyond our wildest dreams. I will tell any and everyone I know about Butterfly Hollow and how they will not be disappointed in visiting the place off the beaten path. My wife and I have met great new friends in David& Sharon as well.

Room Tip: Pros- quiet, relaxing,peaceful Cons- having to leave
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Floyd C
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband, Jeff and I just returned home from a romantic get away at Butterfly Hollow. I encourage all who are wanting to relax and enjoy a romantic weekend to go. The setting is perfect. You travel from the interstate to a two lane highway, to a one lane road to a one lane, lane. Deep in the woods of a beautiful hollow you will find this amazing piece of Heaven on earth. David and Sharon are two of the nicest people we have ever met. They are beautiful inside and out. David greeted us as we arrived and showed us around. The home they have built is beautiful with trees and flowers everywhere. Hummingbirds dart in and out of the porch in search of flowers & bird feeders. Butterflies dance in the sunlight and if you are outside long they land on you. Our room was lovely and cozy. We had chocolate dipped strawberries, cheese, crackers & iced sparkling cider waiting for us in our room. We were able to keep the wine glasses as a gift. Sitting in the old rocking charis or laying in a hamock listening to the sounds of nature or soft music playing in the back ground made for a relaxing time. Jeff & I fell in love with this place. We fell in love with Tennessee. We definitely will return to Butterfly Hollow.

Room Tip: This is by reservation only which is perfect for this type of setting.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie W
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
We can still see you with the Butterflies on your arm and the big grin on your face. What a magical weekend it was. The perfect weather. The best belly laughter. The heartfelt conversations and the love and light that filled our home with your spirits.

Carmel
Reviewed 27 July 2013

As a wedding gift, our friends booked a weekend for us at Butterfly Hollow. After checking out the B&B online, we couldn't wait to get there. However nothing we saw online prepared us for the beauty and splendor we experienced. David and Sharon are amazing, soulful people who greeted us in the driveway when we arrived, and continued to act as perfect hosts the next few days. Our two breakfasts were amazing, which included food grown on the property and brought in from neighbors.

Our room was gorgeous and spacious, and it included a nice welcome basket (cheese, crackers, sparkling apple juice) and a little refrigerator, which we used to store our own snacks. During the day, we laid on the hammocks that were scattered across the property. I'd like to say we read and relaxed, but we were overwhelmed by all the nature around us. The hummingbirds, butterflies, and deer captured our attention.

We were even lucky enough to share a small wedding with our B&B mates.

When we left, we felt as if we'd made 4 new friends.

If you are looking for a peaceful, transformative experience, we highly recommend a weekend away at Butterfly Hollow.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thebradking
We loved sharing the hollow with you both and enjoyed sharing the fun conversations about RV living. Your smiles are forever engrained. Come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We have been staying here almost since the beginning. The path has led us from customers to dear friends, and that we value greatly. The words others have left are on target. If you haven't been here, you owe it to yourself to do so. Life is short. There was only one thing missing this time. We'll see you Daisy on the Rainbow bridge when we cross over.

• Stayed July 2013
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Butterfly Hollow is in its 14th season and how honored we feel knowing that in the 12 years you've been coming here all the way from NY... you still find respite, peace, solitude and consider this your home away from home. We'll see you again soon!

D&S
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Me and my husband shared our vows at this bed and breakfast and all I can say is beautiful! The location was beautiful the ceremony was beautiful and David and Sharon are wonderful people. Feels like home away from home there they know how to make someone feel welcome. I can't wait to visit again soon! If you need some time to get back to what started your love this is the perfect spot to reflect on your romance.

• Stayed June 2013
We loved being a part of your Candlelit Exclusive wedding. What a romantic weekend it was filled with butterflies, your love for each other and of course... organic veggies and herbs grown in our gardens. We look forward to your next visit. We'll keep the flowers growing for ya.

D&S
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My Husband and I shared our 2nd anniversary just recently, and we are so glad we found this wonderful place to spend it at! It was so serene and peaceful, just what we needed for the weekend. The location could not be better. The owners, David and Sharon, are such sweet people and made everything very comfortable. We even got to have a little front porch concert before we left :) I highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a little rest and relaxation!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
We can still see you both heading out for your hike along the walking trails. Thank you for sharing some of your music on the porch with us too.

D & S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gordonsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Lebanon
#1 of 3 in Carthage
Quality Inn Lebanon
Quality Inn Lebanon
#10 of 13 in Lebanon

Been to Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat? Share your experiences!