“Don't Stay Here or At Quality Inn Next Door!! Same Owners!”

Travelodge Harriman
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Harriman
Tampa, Florida
“Don't Stay Here or At Quality Inn Next Door!! Same Owners!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stopped here because we always Google the cheapest motel and this was it. We checked in around 3:30 am 6/26/14 the same morning we decided to stay over, called them and told them to run our card. When we checked our Bank Account they had ran it 3 times instead of 2 so we called them and they said No we've only ran it twice so we had to show them our Bank Account and the we're treating us terrible and saying it showed up 2 times on their computer! So I decided to compromise and call our banker and look up any google reviews where this may have happened to someone else. When we were speaking with our Banker on speaker phone the Desk Manager Tonya was treating Mrs. Darlene as if she should know that it was just pending nd had not been taken out yet. She said at all motels when some one stays over that it automatically starts taking it out for the next day and if you don't stay over they give it back. Which anyone that travels knows that is not true. Our Banker heard everything and immediately canceled the extra transaction and told us to keep an eye on our account for the next few days. When I googled reviews on the Roadway at first I couldn't find any but they also are running Quality Inn so I googled reviews on it and found several cases where they have over charged or Stolen peoples money. This is not counting the people that they take from that don't keep a good check on their bank account or that don't know about Google review. So I also showed this to the Desk Manager Mrs. Tonya and let her know I knew this was an issue that needed to be delt with and she practically ran me out of the office! The next morning before check out time (which is today 6/27/14) we checked our bank account again and they charged us again before check out time. I already decided to take action on this matter for the people to come. They can't keep taking people's money and treating people the way they do and get away with it! I'm currently at the bank trying to get this fixed and find out the next step to take to get this done! If any one has any info or any thing that will help me on this matter let me know!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This place was $60 for our one night...boy did I feel ripped off. It was gross. Mold in numerous places in the shower. Ugh. Dust on everything my eye could see. I can't imagine what things I didn't look at were like. Our towels were stained. Really is it that hard to wipe down the bottom of a stand up lamp or the inside of the toilet paper holder...this would take the maid 30 seconds. We checked in at 10pm and were out by 7am...I'm glad we were in a hurry b/c I couldn't imagine another minute in that disgusting place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MelanieB466

Travellers are raving about these Harriman hotels

Coldwater, Mississippi
Reviewed 29 May 2012

In the town of Harriman, this is the cheapest place to stay. We just wanted to get some sleep and hit the road again in the morning. Didn't want anything fancy. The room was clean. But the pillows were useless. 4 people, 4 pillows, all flat as boards. We got no sleep. The mattresses are quite hard as well. Very uncomfortable. Bathroom area is kinda small for 4 people but for just one or two it would be fine. No exhaust fan in the bathroom. The A/C worked well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank lauraleigh77
TRENTON, IL
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed at the Rodeway because it was minutes from the dog show site at the East TN Agricultural Center.

Last year, I stayed a couple exits away and had to deal with ice on the highway, so this year, I decided to spend a little more and stay close to the trial site.

The Rodeway was the closest and cheapest I could find, but still about $55/nite. Plus they said they would charge me a flat $15 pet fee for my entire stay.

The management was helpful in trying to find me a nonsmoking room that didn't reek of cigarette smoke. I settled for the second room assignment because it was not as bad as the first one, although the smoke was still noticeable. Bring candles or lots of air freshener if the smell bothers you.

The place is pretty quiet, although it is located across the street from the train tracks and trains do rumble through at night. I did feel pretty safe at this hotel, esp because there were other dog people there.

I liked having a mini-fridge in the room.

They have a hot breakfast with biscuits and gravy, which was alright.

Upon checkout, I found out they overcharged my pet fee and it took several weeks and phone calls to get it deleted from my account, but they finally did.

Oh, and make sure if you don't use the safe, you also tell them that or you'll be charged a daily fee of $1.50 for the safe.

Next time, I think I'll camp at the Ag Center during the dog agility trial, because I found out you can tent camp inside.

Room Tip: Room 244 reeks of cigarette smoke, even though it's a no-smoking room. The room below it, 144...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LILI D
Harriman, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 January 2012

There has been bed bugs found in several of the rooms 143 and 157 those are the 2 rooms we stayed in .They tried to cover it up by sending us to the quality next door. Well come to find the same people own the quality that own the rodewayTerry Singh Mugha And Vinun Batta. I would not advise anyone to stay at either place .There are many other hotels to choose from in the area.

Room Tip: Stay at the holiday inn down the road look up on the hill and you will see it . thats where we final...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank rHONDA c
Trussville
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on the first night of our honeymoon. We were VERY disappointed with the quality of the mattress and pillows. They were lumpy and so uncomfortable, the pillows were as flat as a pancake. They only had 1 towel in the room and a coffee pot with no coffee. The toilet ran all night and we even had to hold the toilet handle down in order for it to flush. My husband ended up having to fold the comforter up to make a pillow to get what little sleep we got. The next morning I had a rash on both sides of my face. The owner was NOT empathetic at all, on the rude and condescending side, he only gave us a 20% discount. They charges us $116.49 for a room that I wouldn't have paid $20 for. I grew up in this town and I wanted to share it with my new husband, now I am ashamed and embarrassed that I chose this hotel. Beware of this hotel if you ever stay in Harriman Tennessee. My family and I will never stay there again!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa T
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I really enjoyed my stay and the breakfast was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. This hotel is a much better of a value than staying in Knoxville.

• Stayed November 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harriman
Baymont Inn & Suites Harriman
#1 of 2 in Kingston
Motel 6 Kingston
Motel 6 Kingston
#2 of 2 in Kingston

Been to Travelodge Harriman? Share your experiences!