“Awesome!!!”

Pigeon River Canopy Tours
Ranked #11 of 16 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The zipline canopy tour in the Gatlinburg area that is truly in the wilderness with 2 spectacular zips across the Big Pigeon River! Get away from the crowds, lines and concrete of Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge for a day of fun in the trees! River crossings, rock cliffs, waterfalls, Rabbit Hole repel, sky bridges, wildlife & more are the things that make the Pigeon River Canopy Tour a once in a lifetime trip. For a full day adventure add a Pigeon River whitewater rafting trip & lunch at the Dog House with Wildwater and receive 10% off your entire days activities all at one location!Enjoy a trip on the only zip line to take you 1400' across the Pigeon River! The Pigeon River Canopy Tours is an adventure that takes you "over the river and through the woods," but not to Grandmas house! Rather this exciting yet not scary ride gives you the opportunity to see the world like you've never seen it before, gliding from tree to tree, learning about your surroundings and taking in the scenery.
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I did the full zipline course a few weeks ago and we are still talking about it! We were visiting from Israel and I have to say it is an experience we will not likely forget any time soon. Hoping to do it again on our next trip to the USA and maybe even check out the white water rafting. Thanks guys!!!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This Zip Line experience was definitely the most fun out of our entire trip to Tennessee!!! Not only do you have excellent guides that are very safe in all they do but the sites and experience was amazing. Make sure you do the longer course not the shorter one. The longer course takes you up higher into the canopy of the trees. You also go across the Pigeon River twice with the last run not only long but very fast. This is truly for the young at heart. I'm over 50 with my son in his mid-teens, we both loved, loved, loved it. I'm sure it will be a highlight for my son for many years to come... he's not quick to forget this one! Experiences last longer than stuff, so make sure you spend time doing things experince with your family. The next time we are in the area, we are going back to Pigeon River Canopy Tour as well as their White Water Rafting!

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Our zip guides, Mike & Jerod, were AMAZING! Funny, patient, and knowledgeable of the animals and plants we saw. We were 4 people in a group of 6 and had never been zipliningbefore.I would ABSOLUTELY go back and am telling everyone to go to Pigeon River Canopy Tours!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed In cherokee NC and took a short drive to Hartford, Tennessee and decided to do our first zip lining tour. Our guides were Mike del rio and Jerod aka Boom and were obviously good at what they do. They made the first time instructions easy to follow and their expertise put us at ease. I traveled with my dad who was a little nervous at first but didn't shed one tear in the end. By far a great overall experience and a must do if in Tennessee! We will be back!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband Kevin and I decided to take the plunge...not
literally...and try zip lining. Truth be told, I was not so
excited and prayed for weather conditions to cancel the
tour. From the second I met Mike and Trent I was in!!
They were methodical with their instructions and put
my mind to ease, within the 15 minute instruction time
I was confident in their expertise and started to share in
their sense of adventure. These guys were great and
made the experience fun!! The zip lining awesome and
I might add, well constructed...including the 300+ steps
to heaven. I told them at the end it was one of the most
memorable things I have done in my life!!! I am really happy that I conquered this fear
and shared this experience with my husband. I know
he has wanted to try this for some time now. THIS IS THE PLACE!!
Hats off to Mike and Trent...notice I did not say gloves...
ha!!