“Crack on Crack! Ewok rocks it!”

River Rat Whitewater
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: River Rat Whitewater thrills your family or group by making life-long memories and building camaraderie on scenic, guided whitewater rafting trips between the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Cherokee National Forest. At River Rat Whitewater, we don't just raft, we jump, slide, surf and swim! Come play at Mother Nature's waterpark! Come Play at River Rat!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Stuart, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crack on Crack! Ewok rocks it!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Well what can I say it was the HIGHLIGHT of our trip to NC and TN. We did a lot of adventurous things this trip from ziplining, mining, atv riding caverns but overall we loved the Upper Pigeon with Ewok. If you go USA RAFT is a MUST. Amy was the greatest. She was so informative about the area and the guides and gave us the total hook up. We had done the Nantahala (great for a GRANDMA BEGINNER float trip)with another outfitter the week before and the most fun we had was basically sticking our foot in the water and feeling how cold it was, so I had to make it up to the kids and find something extreme but safe and that's exactly what it was. Ewok has had over 20 years experience on rivers all over the country. We took a smaller raft few outfitters offer so that we could squeeze between rocks and do tricks that the larger rafts would be more difficult to maneuver. He made it look easy. I have rafted Alaska, Wyoming and NC but by far this was the best trip yet. We had a blast and I even fell in not on purpose of course lean one way and plop lost my balance but it was actually refreshing. Can cross that one off my bucket list. Stopped and jumped of rocks for awhile, surfed the waves, did spins, ran the rocks you name it we did it. Wanted to make sure it was gonna be a great ride and it was. I seriously don't think we will be able to top it for along time. I have some adrenaline junkies on my hands. We took a crew that aged from 9 -50. Larry had my brothers group and they also couldn't have asked for a better ride. My brother has done Australia and Costa Rica rafting as well but our guides made the river do what God intended it to do SING. So truely if you want a fun safe trip down the river with some experienced dudes. They know how to do it. I'm ready to take my six year old down as soon as he gets a little more meat on his bones. Thanks for the plunge. FYI one of the less expensive adventures we took and well worth it.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rebecca S

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We loved it & can't wait to go back to have Ewok as our guide again!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Could not have been more satisfied with our experience. The staff at USA Raft were courteous, professional and humorous. They took the safety of our family very seriously. Our Guide, Ewok, made the rafting experience one we will never forget! I would definitely ask for Ewok you won't regret it.
The Wernerts

Visited July 2014
Naples, Florida
“Must do!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

It was my first rafting, I was not sure what to expect; but I was pleasantly surprised.
It has just enough scares to make you feel adventurous :)
Last but not the least, our guide Amelia was great!

Visited July 2014
Stafford, Virginia
“Terrific family adventure!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were so greatly impressed with this whole experience, from the extremely professional and friendly (and FUN!) staff and guides to the beautiful and exciting adventure of the rapids. The Daycation Package was a great value for one of those once (or probably twice or more now that we enjoyed it so much) in a lifetime adventures! All staff went out of the way to make every part of the day a terrific experience. We enjoyed the "extreme" adventure on the upper river in the morning and took it a little easier in the afternoon on the scenic and beautiful lower river. The whole day was perfect (even with the rain) and provided our whole family (from ages
7-60) a wonderful life-long memory.

Visited June 2014
“Spencer was awesome”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time you rafting with Spencer our guide at USA raft. The rapids were incredible the weather perfect and everything went great. Thanks Spencer for a wonderful afternoon.

The Nixon's and Neugebauer's