“Awesome Andrew”

Highland, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Andrew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Decided to have an rafting expedition with 6 of my kids (8-17) and we chose Big Bear Expeditions for the Upper. From the safety instructions to the short ride back to the van, we all had a memorable experience that the kids are still talking about. Our guide Andrew joked, answered questions and just made the afternoon wonderful. The office staff was also helpful in giving alternative directions for us to get back to our chalet. I would definitely recommend this company!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Stacey B

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

This was a great time! Our guide Lisa was excellent. We got to do the surfing. So much fun. This place took their time down the river which is an added bonus. Not rushed like others passing by. I would highly recommend Big Bear. We will do this again someday!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kscholl1965
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best 2 hours of my 10 year old son's life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Took my family of 5(16 year old daughter, 10 year old son,and 8 year old daughter) rafting with Big Bear on July 30th and this was the highlight of our summer vacation. If you do nothing else in the Smoky Mountains you have to take this in. My son told Rich (our wonderful guide) that it was the best 2 hours of his life and he was really nervous before we got on the water. Once we were in the rapids though you couldn't get the smiles off any of our faces. When we were done we just wanted to go again. We will do this every time from now on and we will use Big Bear. To watch Big Bear work to unload/load the rafts is like watching a well oiled machine. Big Bear offers you something the other companies don't. It is called "surfing the rapids" with the raft and it is so cool. We watched all the other rafting companies go by and then we surfed. We had a great time and will never forget this experience! The pictures were awesome. Big Bear is the newest rafting co., but I can't imagine anything better than Big Bear. The bus ride was even great. Thanks Big Bear and Rich for making our summer vacation great and giving us memories that will last a lifetime!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ryan T
“Awesome experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We recently took the 1-2 class ( lower level) white water rafting with my 6 and 10 year old and they had a blast . I was nervous at first but our guide Willy was great and was very conscious about having my little one on the raft we liked it so much that the next day my husband and my 10 year old went on a second trip but this time in the upper river class 3-4 and where fortunate to have William again. It was the highlight of our trip. PS: They were the cheapest in town also.

Visited July 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
“Lots of fun for the whole family, great staff with lots of knowledge, and very kid friendly, even little kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My 3 and 5 year olds loved it! Our guide Christine was WONDERFUL with the kids! It was a very fun trip down the lower pigeon! We want to go back for the more exciting upper pigeon once the kids are older! Great staff, friendly and knowledgeable, nice facility, bring water shoes or strap on sandals as you have to wear shoes. we felt very safe At all times! Can't wait to go back again!

Visited June 2013