“Great Sandwiches!”
Review of Bean Trees Cafe

Bean Trees Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Hartford
Reviewed 16 July 2014

After rafting, my husband and I were starving! Our guide recommended we go to this restaurant. We were not disappointed! The club sandwich, pulled pork sandwich, and fries were all delicious. We definitely cleaned our plates! The server was very friendly, but the service overall was a little slow. I can appreciate waiting for fresh food, as everything is homemade. There was a table behind us that was there before us, and just got their food as we were finishing. They were not happy... I would recommend putting in more restrooms--I had to wait in line after having several sweet teas. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hartford is small and a bit chaotic on busy, rafting days, but a stop at the Bean Trees is a must. The food is delicious and full of clever combinations. Also, the back porch is the perfect place to enjoy a sandwich and drink after a hot day on the river.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband declared their food the best meal he has had the entire trip! It's a little, locally owned place. We had hamburgers and french fries, but they were so good. They had many different hamburger types to choose from. We also finished our meal with homemade, handspun milkshakes that were WONDERFUL! Lots of local flair!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stopped for a quick lunch...the location was wonderful. Overlooking the River this Café has a very nice patio. The toast, eggs and potatoes were excellent. If you are in the area prepare for a stop.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped to grab a bite and were pleasantly surprised! The burgers were EXCELLENT! Mine was great and my husband continues to rave about his (with fried egg and all the fixins). This isn't a fast food place, they offer an eclectic menu that has tons of possibilities. This is a great stop after a little rafting on the Pigeon River. Highly recommend.