“Average”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Henderson
Yadkinville, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Americana. Air conditioner didn't blow cold in the first room I had but I was changed immediately to another room where it did. The ice machine was broken but they would give you a small plastic bag of ice at the front desk. Hair in the shower. Quite enough but dated in appearance and well worn. Continental breakfast consisted of pulling things out of Tupperware and microwaving. Better options with better rates if you're willing to drive 15 minutes further into Jackson.

Room Tip: Check the room out before you check in.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed one night at the Americana Inn while visiting in Henderson. I found the check-in process to be quick and efficient, and the clerk very friendly. My room was very clean and there were no discernible odors, traces of cigarette smoke, or pet dander. I thoroughly inspected the bathroom and the bed sheets and found everything to be clean and in order. The pillows were quite comfortable and although the mattress was a bit firm, I had no problem getting a good night's rest. The A/C heater unit was a standard hotel issue type, below the window, but it was efficient and not very loud. The towels in the restroom were spotless and nicely arranged. The shower pressure was 100% and there was plenty of hot water. The shower curtain was spotless.

Also included in the room were a refrigerator, telephone, microwave, iron w/ ironing board, and table with chairs. The TV was a bit small but carried many cable channels and local channels from the Memphis area. I was able to log into the wireless high speed internet service provided by the hotel on my laptop computer with signal strength of 4 out of 5 bars. The parking lot was clean and quiet, and I did not notice any shady characters loitering about.

Breakfast consisted of cereals, danishes, and coffee... perfect for a quick snack on the way out the door. There were also vending machines available on the property. A convenience store is located next to the hotel for anyone looking for a larger selection.

I did not venture into the pool area, as it was approximately 28 degrees when I stayed, but it looked well-kept and included a large slide for the kids.

Overall, I was very impressed with my stay and would recommend this hotel for those looking for a room in the Henderson area. The hotel was a bit "dated", but again, very clean. If you prefer a national hotel chain, there are many more choices in Jackson, if you don't mind a 20 minute drive up Highway 45.

Room Tip: I didn't need one, but was assigned a handicapped room and it included a very large shower stall...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kyle S
Longview, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel for almost a week and I really have no complaints about the comfort of this hotel. My complaint is that four days after we checked out/paid our bill, an unauthorized charge of $45.00 was deducted from my bank account. I called to find out why and was rudely told that it was for a stain on the carpet. Not only was there NO stain (I requested photos or some kind of proof and none was provided), but I stripped the sheets from the beds and piled the dirty towels into a corner for the cleaning staff, leaving the room fairly clean. My bank reimbursed this unauthorized charge, but I have reported this hotel to the BBB and am telling everyone I know of this dishonesty!!!!!

Room Tip: No restaurant or gym.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandi C

Travellers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Reviewed 9 November 2011

I was tired, I called made reservation and when I showed up I was greeted by a very nice and polite lady who made my check in fast and speedy.
I was actually impressed, I paid $65 for the room, when I walked in there was a fridge, microwave, cable TV, and free Internet which was FAST.
To my surprise, the room was clean, fridge worked and kept my stuff cold. Bed was clean and did what I needed it to do.
I turned on the "white noise" on my iPad which I sleep with every nite.
I fell fast asleep and slept like a
rock. When I woke I found a nice
grocery store across the street which I was able to buy some food and make in my room.
I can't complain about anything, I stayed 1 nite and the place served its purpose.
Thank You and I will be back. Mike M. from Chicago .

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Itsnicehere
Vamos_a_viajar
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Make the drive from Jackson. It is not at all worth the price they charged to stay in this hotel. The sheets were clean (even though they were ripped) is my only positive comment. The furnishings, bathroom, and walls were so old and covered in layers of paint. There is no gym at all. We called and asked where the ice maker is located-- they said in the lobby. When we got up there is was a cooler with some ice in. They said the ice maker was broken. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Vamos_a_viajar
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We have stayed here many times since 2006. The rooms are clean and large and have a refrigerator in them. There is a continental breakfast available in the lobby and a grocery store and Pizza Hut just down the street. The staff have always been courteous and helpful, even when changing our reservation. We will continue to return!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Capitol_Traveler50
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 January 2011

This was perhaps the worst hotel experience we have ever had, and we didn't even stay! We tried to cancel our rooms a month in advance, and they still charged us even though they told us they were absolutely certain they would rent them out to someone else. The manager repeatedly refused to talk to us. The one room we did try to reserve they cancelled without contacting us. We will drive 20 minutes rather than stay here. Be careful here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank llewkcalb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Northeast
Courtyard Jackson
Courtyard Jackson
#4 of 28 in Jackson
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson

Been to Americana Inn? Share your experiences!