“Room with an Attitude”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Henderson
Tennessee
“Room with an Attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I live in Henderson, and have all my life. Due to the death, of my sister, her son and family, drove from Corpus Christie Texas, to attend her funeral. Upon their arrival, I took them to this Hotel, took my nephew inside, as I was paying for his stay. The lady, was not friendly, gave my nephew a look, as if he was, beneath her standards, I explained the situation, booked the room, paid for four nights, and all was ok. During the four nights, my nephew had his wife, said she would be rude, then nice. After the four nights were up, he paid for three more nights, so on his last night, I went up to visit him and his family. His wife and daughter were swimming in the pool, so my nephew took me through the lobby, and cleared it with the night shift attendant at the desk, and he said it was ok for me to go to the pool and swim, with the girls. I told him, I would only be there about an hour. In about an hour, the lady, came out and asked what room I was staying in, after finding out I was visiting my nephew, ( keep in mind, this is the same lady I booked the first four nights with, paid with my money) She very rudely told me, i couldn't be there. We explained to her, we had cleared it with front desk, in her not so American voice, she continues to say, is not ok. Finally after telling her, I paid the first four nights, she say's ok, you stay this one time, but in future------. I flat out told her, was not ok, I would get out, and I would never reccomend this hotel, to anyone out of town again. This lady, lacks people skills, and needs to be replaced. Now I know why, there was only one other guest, maybe two, during his entire stay.

Room Tip: Front rooms facing bypass gets all the traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank kparrisshh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pascagoula, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed for the week while we attended an event at Freed-Hardeman. We had a single room, and the very friendly & courteous attendant upgraded our room upon arrival. The room was clean, and while the furniture is older, the appliances and electronics were all up to date and working fine. The bed was new, and all linens were fresh and clean. Housekeeping was very good. The entire staff was very friendly. My husband had the continental breakfast. He said he had something different every day - a good variety including hot foods. We would recommend this hotel for a stay in Henderson.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hopton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

When we drove by this hotel, it looked like it was closed and deserted. We drove around the parking lot and saw one car so decided to see if it was open. The lobby was a mess with unopened boxes sitting all over and a huge overflowing cart of dirty sheets and towels. We had been told that this was the only hotel in town so when a lady came to the front desk, we asked the rate and booked a room. The room was very shabby with beat up furniture and an uncomfortable bed. The lady had described the included breakfast as having bacon and eggs. When we went to the lobby for breakfast, there was only cereal, juice and biscuits. When my husband asked for bread so he could at least have toast (there was a toaster) the desk clerk said "We don't have any bread". The price of the room was $79.00 and I gave the lady $100 bill. She put that bill away and kept talking and talking about herself and all the states she has been to and where she was born etc. She got out a $20 bill and was slowly getting the receipt while talking and talking. I got the feeling she was not going to give me the rest of the change if she had distracted us enough with her stories. She handed me the $20 and the receipt and I had to ask for the rest of the change. A dollar is a dollar and a cheat is a cheat. We would never stay there again, just horrible.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JM P

Travellers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Upon arrival at the Americana Inn in Henderson, TN I checked out the condition of the room. When I opened the door to the room I smelled a combination of air freshener and sweat. The carpeting and bedspread appeared filthy. When I mentioned to the front desk that the room was not acceptable she immediately mentioned I would be charged a cancellation fee if I did not take the room. I told the front desk you can't charge a cancellation fee if if we decline the room based upon cleanliness she just ignored me a ran a charge to my credit card.
The room was booked thru booking.com and the receptionist said she had to charge my account based upon booking.com policy.
I checked my credit card online upon arriving home and the cancellation fee was charged to my card equivalent to 1 night's stay. I filed a dispute this morning with my credit card and am awaiting an answer if this charge will be reversed..

Be sure not to use this hotel and be very careful if you use booking.com for reservations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sherry L
Santa Fe, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Americana Inn this past weekend. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was good and there was a good selection. My wife forgot and left a pair of boots in the room. I called when we found them missing, and the lady at the desk (Joyce) was very helpful. She said that she would see if she could find them. She called me in a few minutes and she had them at the front desk. We were able to return to Henderson and get the boots. I found the stay to be very comfortable and we enjoyed the night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was staying here and told by the american lady who works there I could not stand out front and wait on my friends to show up. I asked why no answer. I orderd pizza from the pizza hut nearby and was told i could not eat in the lobby at the table and chairs in there. I would not spend another dime in this place. The Indian Lady who was obviousley in charge was Watching me to the point I really was uncomfortable. I will never stay here again. I would not recomend this place.
The lobby and rooms were dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank izzo55229
Yadkinville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Americana. Air conditioner didn't blow cold in the first room I had but I was changed immediately to another room where it did. The ice machine was broken but they would give you a small plastic bag of ice at the front desk. Hair in the shower. Quite enough but dated in appearance and well worn. Continental breakfast consisted of pulling things out of Tupperware and microwaving. Better options with better rates if you're willing to drive 15 minutes further into Jackson.

Room Tip: Check the room out before you check in.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson
Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson
Courtyard Jackson
Courtyard Jackson
#5 of 28 in Jackson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jackson

Been to Americana Inn? Share your experiences!