“There are better sushi restaurants in Hendersonville”
Review of Kohana Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kohana Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Nashville, Tennessee
“There are better sushi restaurants in Hendersonville”
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

My family decided to try Kohana on a Friday night when there was a wait at every other local restaurant. There was no wait at Kohana and I now understand why. The atmosphere tries to be "upscale." The service was terrible right from the start and didnt get better. Had to wait forever for our food which was just OK. Portions were small on the cucumber and vegetable roll. My mom enjoyed the Hollywood roll and my dad got Pablo chicken which is the way to go if you want more food (comes with a soup and salad). My husband got a tuna and crunchy snow crab roll which he was disappointed with-extremely small and average taste. Better places to get sushi in Hendersonville.

1 Thank Megan K

NY. NY, Oh, Fl, Tn
“2nd time around”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Our first visit was shortly after they had opened, quite a while back. We loved the food but it was extremely expensive for a sushi joint. The folks in this area must equate price with quality.
We stopped in a few days ago, and the sushi was just as good(great) as the first time. The fried calamari appetizer was amazing, our favorite calamari now. They have "adjusted" the prices to be more in line with a normal restaurant.
Our first visit, we each got 3 rolls, no booze, and our tab was right around $80. This last visit, we got the calamari, and each got 2 rolls and it was $62. They had a deal on FB for 20% off, and the manager told me if I "promised" to go home and LIKE them, we could get the 20% discount....and you bet I did!

• Visited December 2012
Tennessee
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We went there for lunch today and what a wonderful experience. The restaurant is very pretty inside. Our server was extremely pleasant and very helpful in explaining the menu to us. I couldn't decide which salad dressing to try, so she brought me both! The food was delicious. My husband had a variety of sushi and he said they were all excellent. I had teryaki steak and it was very good. We'd definitly recommend this restaurant to friends and we intend to return!

• Visited November 2012
Nashville
“Worst service EVER”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was excited to try this new location in Green Hills. The sushi was good - other dishes were fair - and the service was awful. We were seated at a table that was glistening wet from the recent wipe down, waited way too long for our drinks, food was brought out promptly...but when we asked for another drink, the server dropped it at our table without even looking at us - she was hurrying off to another table. It was rude and generally made our experience very unpleasant. We will not be returning. There are other places to get sushi that's just as good and have excellent service as well!

Visited August 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Sushi in the Nashville area”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Nice ambiance, great service and great fresh sushi in Hendersonville, TN. It's easy to miss in the Indian Lakes Shopping Center across from Borders. They also have some great Tempura rolls for those on the fence about raw sushi. We had the Kohana Roll, Spicy Crab and New Orleans all were excellent. We look forward to going back.

Visited July 2012