“Okay for the price”

Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Had to find a hotel quick - because of a convention this was the only one we found. The Staff (I believe the Manager was very friendly. Hotel was pretty run down, but looked liked they were remodeling, so gave it the benefit of the doubt. .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My sister and I stayed here for one night. The room was clean but dated. The bed was very comfortable the mattress was just right. The tv was small. The man at the front desk was very nice and helpful. We saw carpet rolled up so it look like they were trying to remodel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
abvihermitage, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear pattonphyllis,

Thank you for sharing an honest review with us. During your visit in August 2013, we were in the process of adding new carpets, vanities, toilets, painting, furniture in several rooms, and lighting. We are pleased to say that the renovations have been completed. In addition, we are also under new management. We hope that you stay with us again should you return to the Hermitage area.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Room we had after changing due to small bed had few towels, a damp rug and had an odor.
Ad in traveler mag found at rest stop said had full breakfast but really have just derail.
Pool was closed even tho seemed from looking to be ok.
Sorry to say it is the worst of many Americas Best we have stated at.
Avoid this one unless you Don't want breakfast or the pool.

Room Tip: Stay some where else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear olderguy62,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay in July 2013. I am also sorry for taking so long to get back with you. Please know that we are now under new management. We hope that these changes will improve our overall service.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is a very good low-cost hotel. It sits just East of the airport and not far from all the tourist destinations. Guest laundry. Many food options nearby including many in walking distance. If you want a good "bang for your buck" then this might be your best option close to the city.

The desk was extremely helpful with information and super friendly. I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Stephen C,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Hermitage TN

Reviewed 9 July 2013

While remodeling our house, we needed to stay away from home. We should not have wasted the money. The polyurethane fumes in our basement smelled less than the lobby or the room assigned to us. The desk clerk also felt that it was alright to use his key to open the door at 11:15 p.m. without knocking. Luckily the extra security device was in place on the door. The door to the bathroom scraped the light fixture which barely gave enough light to find the toilet handle and there was something black growing around the tub. This was a last resort choice & we would not have considered it except for the holiday weekend having filled the hotels in the area.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank buyerbeware55098

Dear buyerbeware55098,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I am sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I am concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that our property was recently renovated with new carpets, painting, furniture in several rooms, landscaping, vanities, lighting. In addition, we are now under new management. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

After driving around everywhere and only finding nasty hotels or hotels that were way too much money someone finally suggested this hotel. The woman at the front desk was very polite to my huhsband and said they are in the middle of remodeling all the rooms. From reading some of these reviews maybe that is why. Our room was very nice. It smelled like fresh paint and new drywall. The only thing that wasn't done yet was the bathroom which in my opinion could have been cleaned up a little better but all in all this was a great place and only $65 a night. If we ever need to go back we know where we will be staying. Our room was 119.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
abvihermitage, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Monica G,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn-Hermitage, I would like to personally thank you for sharing a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms. We have also recently added new vanities and lighting. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Regards
Neelam-manager

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family... Husband, son, and 3 daughters, were coming to Nashville to spend a day at Nashville Shores. I went online to find hotels near the Shores. This is one of the first ones that came up. Next time I WILL look further!!!! First room they showed us smelled nasty, and I actually saw mold on the baseboards..... so on to the next room..... We did have to have 2 rooms. The next 2 were a little better, and since it was so late I made the BIG MISTAKE of saying we will take them.... While my husband was paying for the rooms, the kids and I were unpacking the Durango. Within 15-20 minutes of getting unpacked, I had to use the rest room, as did the kids. Neither toilet would flush in either room!!! When I went to call the front desk, the telephone cord had been ripped out of the phone!!! Also, when I tried to turn the air up, since this was July.... HOT!!! there were no knobs to turn it up, down, on, or off!!!!! Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY IRATE!!! I told my husband that I was not going to stay in a dump like this!!! Like I said, this was approximately 20 minutes after checking in and paying for the room. My husband said we would have to stay... but I was not going to! We both went to the front desk, and he showed me a sign that said.... AND I QUOTE..... "NO REFUNDS AFTER 5 MINUTES." What kind of crap is that???? And no... they would not give us a refund, nor reimburse us any type of credit... even though at around 9 p.m. we saw a HUGE cockroach crawling across the table!!! I did take it to the front desk... I AM going to report these people to the BBB, and ANYONE else that would be willing to listen to my story. It was horendous!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay at this Roach and Mold infested, No Refund after 5 minutes Shack!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Melanie J,
Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I am deeply concerned about the negative experience you wrote about. Please know that we have recently undergone some renovations, including adding new carpets, knockdown and paint, vanities, lighting, mirrors, a/c units in 30 rooms, shower curtain rods, tile on bathroom floors, drapes, and bedding. We hope that these changes will improve our guests experience. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss the issues further.

Neelam-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Hermitage, TN

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage? Share your experiences!