“Avoid this place”

Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Let me start this with I look for Americas Best Value Motels. I have NeVER been disappointed. Reasonably priced and clean rooms. UNTIL THIS TIME! I had read the previous reviews before we got here. I THOUGHT since the last review spoke of renovations going on in March, this being August things should be better with newly renovated rooms. NO WAY! The first room they put us in had no microwave or fridge. They moved us to another room. Well, this one had a microwave and fridge but you had to choose what to plug in. Two outlets for TV, light, microwave and fridge. The fridge was unplugged and full of water both at the bottom and the tray under freezer compartment. I had to clean that out before I could attempt to plug it in. Floor lamp did not have a knob to turn it on. Went to sit in the chair and the arm came off. Looked on the window sill, a deck of cards and soda can were left from the previous guest. Dried up larvae worm in the corner of the bathroom floor. No smoking room smelled of smoke with burn marks on counters. Bed sheets did not fit the bed. Went down to get breakfast and all there was two kinds of dry cereal. No donuts, rolls, juice or anything else. There was coffee. Good thing. There was no coffee pot in the room! What hotel/motel room does not have coffee pots? Overall the room was dirty. Oh and I went to the ice machine to get ice - no ice and no other machine. This morning went to the coke machine to get a bottle of water - coke machine did not work. AVOID THIS PLACE! It is not going to get better!

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different motel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
abvihermitage, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Dear BB44614,

I am very concerned about the issues you experienced in 2014. We are now under new management. We are making improvements so that future guests have a more positive stay. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Regards,
Bobby-
Americas Best Value Inn-Hermitage, TN

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here one night in mid-March, while in the Nashville area. Total price was $60 including tax.

Overall, I had no significant problems. All of the major items worked- especially the computer wi-fi, which was fast and strong. The only mechanical problem was that the door wouldn't close by itself, and it was hard to engage the security latch. If this motel is in the process of renovation, hopefully they will take care of that.

The bed was clean and reasonably comfortable, and I got a good night's sleep.

This motel is located very convenient to I-40, and is within about 15-20 minutes of the downtown Nashville area. It might be worth the discount price to drive just that little bit. There is some shopping in the area, with a convenience store and a 24-hour Jack in the Box right by the motel. A much bigger shopping area with the usual chain restaurants is about 2 miles up the road.

I didn't try the "continental breakfast". I never do, at the cheaper motels. I know, they advertise it, but really, with this cheap of a room, what do you expect for a breakfast? I always go to McD's, or some biscuit place instead, so I can't comment on the quality of it.

Overall, this was a good deal for an inexpensive night's stay in this otherwise very expensive area.

Room Tip: The "back" side of the motel, along the side-street, might be much quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank htomc42

Dear htomc42,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We offer clean rooms at affordable prices. We try and keep our rates reasonable for travelers such as yourself. Although we do not offer a full continental breakfast, we do offer cereal, milk, and coffee daily from 6-9am. We hope to see you again!

Regards,
Bobby-
Americas Best Value Inn-Hermitage, TN

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at this place with Dana R. Every word of her review is true, but she left out a few photos and the review of the "Free Continental Breakfast" the Americas Best Value Inn offers. I was so horrified by this place that I could barely sleep at all. The one redeeming quality was going to be breakfast. I can forgive a lot after having eaten. So at first light, we packed up to get out of there, and headed over to the breakfast area. One week later, I still can't believe it.

The dining area consisted of a single, dirty round table and four chairs. A single countertop in the room with two towers of Raisin Bran and Corn Flakes - each of which was 1/2 empty. And a carafe of coffee with a xeroxed sign above it stating that the coffee was for weekly guests only. We were so shocked that we foolishly approached the reservations guy and asked where breakfast was. His answer was that they were renovating. Well, we guessed that from the pallet of toilets sitting in the middle of the place, but where was breakfast? I opened a dorm sized fridge sitting in the corner, and found a gallon container of milk with about 1/2 a pint of milk in the bottom of it. And a Mountain Dew. Honestly. That was it. The walls of the place were gouged and wallpaper ripped and it was indescribably filthy. We expressed to the reservations guy exactly how horrified we were, gave him a laundry list of things that we specifically objected to, and got out of there. I just hope no vermin hitched a ride on our luggage. I'm still crawly from the experience. I really want my money back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan L
abvihermitage, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Bryan L.

I am very sorry you have an unsatisfied stay with us at Americas Best Value Inn in Hermitage TN. We do take these reviews seriously and take them in to better our hotel and staff to guest needs. We are going through renovation of the hotel but that is no excuse for us. I would like to offer you 25% off your next stay with us for your inconvenience with us. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience and we should have everything taken care of before the summer starts.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We're packing to leave, so I'll just list what I noticed and post photos later:

1. Table is so rickety that I have to type very lightly or the table will crash to the floor in pieces.
2. Toilet paper holder comes straight out of the wall.
3. Bathroom door looks like a dog tried to chew its way out about 10 years ago.
4. Sink and tub drains back up at a count of 5.
5. Mini fridge and microwave (and their power strip) parked out from the wall.
6. Smells like cig smoke.
7. Jiggle the wires to get the TV to work.
8. Remote doesn't actually turn the TV on, off or adjust volume.
9. Mold & missing shower grout.
10. Two guests? That'll mean 2 frayed small towels and 2 washcloths.

I can't WAIT to experience the "free, hot breakfast!!

LOL

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dana R

Dear Dana R.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Terrible! Dirty bathroom, rug, towels, and bed.. Just about everything in this motel is dirty. And alot of questionable characters everywhere. It seems like alot of drug activity goes on in this motel. Very dirty bathroom. Lights did not work. The room was very smelly. Do not stay here with family or children!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevindesouza
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Old king mattress, sinks in middle, bottom sheet would not stay on bed. top sheet was a full size, not a king. We were there for sleep. Poor bed quality.
No iron. Very bad TV. Room was OK otherwise. ok

Room Tip: Old king mattress, sinks in middle, bottom sheet would not stay on bed. top sheet was a short full...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George F
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

My mom and I who is from ny, stayed here for over a month I constantly had problems with the rude staff especially the manager our last night here two black men broke into our room and held a shotgun to my mothers head and demanded money I walked in on this and thank god was able to run to the front desk manager acted like he didnt believe me after we were done with the police the manager locked us two women, out of the room leaving us standing outside in the dark after we were just robbed at gunpoint he wouldnt let us get our stuff untill we called the police to make him he kicked us out with no refund for that night, the main thing that upsets me was that me and my 55 yr old mother were left outside in the dark at one in the morning when those men with the gun couldve came back and shot us or anything it was very scary so to anyone who stays here please be careful because these terrible people dont care about their guests safety safety and well being

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Nashvillegirly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Suburban Lodge Hermitage
Motel 6 Nashville - Airport
#110 of 157 in Nashville
Hampton Inn and Suites Mt Juliet
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage? Share your experiences!