“A hotel that will go down as the scariest unsafe hotel I have ever seen. RUN!”

Vista Inn & Suites Airport East
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a non cancelable rate. We drove up, saw some "questionable business dealings between people" and what could only be described as an "alleged prostiute finding employment." My children were terrified, and we decided by the look of the hotel and the people loitering there we could not put our family in this hotel. My husband had called in advance and talked with someone at the front desk who assured us this hotel was safe and appropriate for families, and it proved to be anything but that. We caught nashville at a time when literally every hotel was booked, so when I say this was the last resort, I mean the last resort. The displayed rate was 44.95 but the rack room rate we were charged was a whopping 189 after tax. Make no mistake I never walked into the actual room that I fully paid for that night.. Granted I was charged in full for my stay, I never slept there, nor would I ever ever sleep there. I have never in my life paid for a room and not ever walked in the door of my room, this place was the exception as safety and cleanliness were priceless compared to the dump that is this hotel. My only tip to anyone thinking of staying here is to continue driving or simply sleep in your car. I have never ever written a review even close to this review and always try to find positives to review in a place, but this drug dealing roach motel leaves absolutely nothing but a memory of the worst hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank travelmomof5

Reviewed 30 March 2013

My husband had to work a overnight job in Nashville and this hotel was booked for me to sleep in so I could drive him home the next day. After checking in we went to the room to find BLOOD on the floor and wall of the bathroom not to mention the all over dirtiness of the room. Out of curiosity (since I have worked in a motel) I pulled down the comforter, and just as suspected there were the obvious sign that the sheets had only been straightened out after a previous guest. When we came out of our room we were met by a group of guys hanging out which were at the other end of the motel when we went into the room. The desk clerk proceeded to tell us he had no idea how his housekeeper could have missed that, and could he put me in another room. My husband told him there was NO WAY he was leaving his wife there alone. This place is horrible!! Would not trust to lay down and go to sleep here. Would not pay $20 a night to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AricaB_13
OSD, Owner at Vista Inn & Suites Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

After reading your comments. I too was very shocked at the condition of the room that you were checked into. We pride ourselves here in taking care of the guests and obviously there was some major breakdown in that procedure. We take all the comments very seriously and act on every one of them. Again I apologize the employee that you encountered is no longer employed at our location. We have a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy. I only hope that you will give us another try in the future. Your experience is an exception and not the rule. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

Arrived late one night, usually stay at the Doubletree, but they were full. The Vista Inn was nearby, so I gave them a try.
I didn't know you could still get a room for under $50. Thankfully my wife wasn't with me, she would have refused, but I was tired and they had a bed. Not the cleanest motel, but a good deal at $49. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

my name is angel and stay way from this hotel i give there hotel a grade 0

• Stayed: July 2012
OSD, Owner at Vista Inn & Suites Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

We greatly appreciate the reviews that are guests give us this is one of the many ways that we try to improve your experience at our property. I am very sorry for that conditions that you experienced in your room. This is by no means the standard that we try to have. We have 100% guaranteed policy here. I wish that I had the opportunity to correct the deficiencies that you found. I am sure that you would have had a wonderful stay. Again I do apologize and hope that you will give us another try. Thank you

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We drove all day, got into the room and was awful, moldy and stinky. We were to tired to go elsewhere. They don't vaccuum, or clean, think they only change the beds and towels. Nice area if you want great places to go and eat, but do not stay there! Just look up Hermitage and find a nicer hotel. Go to the Hermitage and see it. DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE. Luckily I had disinfectant with me, bug spray and air freshner to help us make it through the night! Always carry these items never know what get stuck with in hotels anymore in the USA!

Room Tip: don't think any room there would be considered good!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I am so sorry for the condition of your room on your recent stay. We pride ourselves in having very clean rooms, and obviously we must have failed on your recent stay. We have a 100% guaranteed policy at this property. I very much wish we had the opportunity to correct the items you mentioned prior to you leaving the property. I am sure that we could have exceeded your expectations. Again I do apologize, and I hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. Thank you

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed at this motel for the first night of an American Roadtrip (July 2011) with my then girlfriend. This place was not the original motel we had intended to stay in, but after a stupid screw up by moi, and rather heated argument with the understandably angry girlfriend it was time for some emergency wifi in a McDonalds car park to look for an alternative. Being around midnight at the time I tried to reassure her it would be ok and we would find somewhere, whilst not really certain what would happen myself.

Then the Vista Inn appeared and a quick review of it on Tripadvisor showed the words "bedbugs" and "cockroach" appeared less frequently in reviews then the others with rooms still free. Worth the risk I though as this was immensely more attractive then the thought of spending the night in the car next to the increasingly angry and lethal blonde sitting next to me in the passenger seat. If the car A/C had failed at that moment, I was a dead man, so not taking the risk I rushed to the motel.

Upon arriving a very nice clerk took the payment and gave us the keycard despite the late time. Hurray! We had a room and upon opening the front door ..... Hurray, it actually wasn't bad. The room was a bit dated looking, but it contained all our needs, TV, fridge, couch and free wifi. There was a slight smell in the bathroom although its not something I could seriously complain about. More importantly the A/C worked, a bit loud at times, but it worked. In nashville summer heat of approximately 40C (~100F), this was more important then you can possibly imagine for an Irish guy and "Northern" Irish girl. Also I don't remember seeing any bugs in the room at all, so all in all my emergency choice was rather successful.

The motel itself is a pull your car up to the door style complex, a bit like out of "No Country for Old Men" but without the action. The breakfast was great, all you can eat waffles and syrup and one or two cereal choices along with a couple of juices. Just what you needed for a quick and easy start to the day. The girlfriend particularly liked waffles and it was something we looked out for on the rest of our trip. Location wise it is a bit far out of the center of Nashville, but that didn't bother us too much. For the money ( approx $40 a night as far as I recall) the motel was great and we did not have any major or even minor problems. Was were so satisfied that we even stayed another night which the motel staff were happy to add on to the bill. Would happily stay there again for a budget room, even under non emergencies!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave_Beattie260
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My boyfriend and I were supposed to be staying for 2 nights in a non-smoking jacuzzi room; however, our trip was cut short by cockroaches. We did not notice any Friday night, but we went to sleep early. Saturday we were going to bed around 2 AM and I felt a cockroach on my arm. There was also one in the bathroom about an hour previous. There is a crack in the bathroom where I'm sure some can escape from. Behind the bed was a white powder substance. I had enough and we left at 2 AM. The man at the front told us to call and talk to the manager the next day. And as of now, we are still being charged half price for a night we did not even stay! I'm sure if we had just went to bed earlier, we would not have noticed the bugs crawling all over us in the night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J W
snayp, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

I would like to thank you for your comments and want to apologize for your inconvenience during your stay. Currently we have orkin working on the entire property and they have cured the issues as of November 2011 (it takes a little time to clear out all pest issures from any portion of the hotel). I would encourage you to please try our accommodations again as we have upgraded the room conditions as it should be presented to our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Suburban Lodge Hermitage
Suburban Lodge Hermitage
#1 of 6 in Hermitage
2 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Nashville Airport East, TN
Super 8 Hermitage Nashville

Been to Vista Inn & Suites Airport East? Share your experiences!