“Disgusting - wouldn't get out of the car - just left”

Vista Inn & Suites Airport East
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Reservation counter via travelnow.com made these reservations for us over the phone assuring us it was a safe place to stay. Obviously since we were on the phone with them we did not have an opportunity to see these reviews but I am certain they did and they assured us it was a nice place. It was so disgusting we turned around and left. Don't trust the reservation counter to make arrangements for you they wouldn't even refund our money after we sent pictures.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Sleeping in our car would have been a better option than this "horribly nasty place"!!
Every hotel close to Nashville was booked for 8/31/2013 & we needed a room so we took it.
In hind sight, I would have paid triple some where else just to have been able to sleep in a nice, clean room! I did not walk in this room with out my shoes being on!

It stunk, it was filthy, I found hair in the bathroom floor, in the bed, on the pillows, the floor had NOT been vacuumed (toenail clippings under side of bed, dirt etc all over) nothing had been dusted or wiped down. I Found A Bug On One Of The Sheets!! There was at least a 1/2 inch gap under the door! We were afraid to even try the cont. breakfast after the horrible condition of the room so I am no help there. I know that if either of my kids would have been with us, I would have just lost my $ & went to another town with a hotel that had an acceptable room!
I have added pictures to back up my statements!
This is absolutely the Worse hotel I have Ever been in ...... BeWare!!!!

Room Tip: Run! Go Some Where Else!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chrissy H
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

. Not knowing the area, we went online to find a room. We were sadly disappointed that the couple of good reviews we saw from the past were outdated. Our room had no outlet covers. The hotel itself was dirty. The signs posted did not even make sense. The breakfast advertised did not have any variety. Hope you like waffles or cereal. That is all that is offered. We did not even shower there due to the condition of the room. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013
OSD, Operations Support Director at Vista Inn & Suites Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

thank you for your comments on your most recent stay. It is obvious that we failed to meet your expectations. This surprises me because we have almost finished our renovations of the property. I believe we must have mistakenly put you in an unrenovated room. We have a 100% guest satisfaction policy. I wish I had the opportunity to speak to you and correct the issues that you mentioned why you were here. I am sure we could have made your stay very good. Again I do apologize, and I hope when you're in our area again. You will give us another chance. Thank you

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I am a general manager of a business so I know how frustrating it is to get customer complaints. There are some complaints tho that we as managers can learn from.
This motel is by far the worst I have ever stayed at. I travel a lot and I have never ever paid for a stay and left the same night. When I first pulled on the lot there was a group of african americans fighting, a car with the tires flat and cobwebs all around it, so obviously it has been junked there for awhile, and trash and cats all over the place. I had already paid and thought why judge a book by its cover....but upon stepping it it smelled like urine , there was a roach on the wall, and the bathroom had pubic hairs everywhere. The toilet also had poop on the outside of the bowl.
When I pulled back the covers of one bed, there was spots of blood and hair on one bed and 2 bugs. The second bed had 1 bug and hair.
So I called the front desk and they refused my money back so I left and am now staying at a different hotel. Unless they can give me my refund and that they will fix these problems for others then
I will be turning them in to the health department and better business bru.
I should have read the rest of these reviews before I purchased a stay, because not only myseld having these issues...but yet everytime the manager says the same thing about changing. Nothing has changed
Thanks for your time and God bless

• Stayed: June 2013
OSD, Owner at Vista Inn & Suites Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

first, I must apologize for the condition and the experience that you incurred at the property. There is no excuse for what you encountered in your room. I wish I had the opportunity to correct what you experienced why you are here. We try very hard to meet and exceed our guests expectations and obviously we failed miserably with you. I have a 100% guarantee policy and I am sure that I could have met all your expectations. Had I only known again I do apologize, and I hope you will give us another try.

Snay Patel

Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a non cancelable rate. We drove up, saw some "questionable business dealings between people" and what could only be described as an "alleged prostiute finding employment." My children were terrified, and we decided by the look of the hotel and the people loitering there we could not put our family in this hotel. My husband had called in advance and talked with someone at the front desk who assured us this hotel was safe and appropriate for families, and it proved to be anything but that. We caught nashville at a time when literally every hotel was booked, so when I say this was the last resort, I mean the last resort. The displayed rate was 44.95 but the rack room rate we were charged was a whopping 189 after tax. Make no mistake I never walked into the actual room that I fully paid for that night.. Granted I was charged in full for my stay, I never slept there, nor would I ever ever sleep there. I have never in my life paid for a room and not ever walked in the door of my room, this place was the exception as safety and cleanliness were priceless compared to the dump that is this hotel. My only tip to anyone thinking of staying here is to continue driving or simply sleep in your car. I have never ever written a review even close to this review and always try to find positives to review in a place, but this drug dealing roach motel leaves absolutely nothing but a memory of the worst hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank travelmomof5
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My husband had to work a overnight job in Nashville and this hotel was booked for me to sleep in so I could drive him home the next day. After checking in we went to the room to find BLOOD on the floor and wall of the bathroom not to mention the all over dirtiness of the room. Out of curiosity (since I have worked in a motel) I pulled down the comforter, and just as suspected there were the obvious sign that the sheets had only been straightened out after a previous guest. When we came out of our room we were met by a group of guys hanging out which were at the other end of the motel when we went into the room. The desk clerk proceeded to tell us he had no idea how his housekeeper could have missed that, and could he put me in another room. My husband told him there was NO WAY he was leaving his wife there alone. This place is horrible!! Would not trust to lay down and go to sleep here. Would not pay $20 a night to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AricaB_13
OSD, Owner at Vista Inn & Suites Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

After reading your comments. I too was very shocked at the condition of the room that you were checked into. We pride ourselves here in taking care of the guests and obviously there was some major breakdown in that procedure. We take all the comments very seriously and act on every one of them. Again I apologize the employee that you encountered is no longer employed at our location. We have a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy. I only hope that you will give us another try in the future. Your experience is an exception and not the rule. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

Arrived late one night, usually stay at the Doubletree, but they were full. The Vista Inn was nearby, so I gave them a try.
I didn't know you could still get a room for under $50. Thankfully my wife wasn't with me, she would have refused, but I was tired and they had a bed. Not the cleanest motel, but a good deal at $49. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Suburban Lodge Hermitage
Days Inn Airport Nashville East
Days Inn Airport Nashville East
#111 of 157 in Nashville
Best Western Plus Nashville Airport Hotel

Been to Vista Inn & Suites Airport East? Share your experiences!