“Unprofessional and awful customer service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
HomeAway Extended Stay Studios
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hixson
Reviewed 24 January 2014

When I first arrived there everything appeared to be fine. They make you sign a sheet with rules, like it is a apartment complex not a hotel. Front desk people seemed to be unhappy. I stayed 1 week and yes they came into my room unannounce saying they need to check the smoke detector. The wall are pretty thin and you can hear everything around. They make you pay a $40 deposit when you 1st check in and you are suppose to get it back once you check out. I paid with cash. Upon check out I cleaned everything ,Check out time was at 11:00 am I arrived at the front desk at 11:20 and they didnt return my deposit, and was very rude about telling me they were not giving me my deposit back. At a later time I decided to give it another shot because location was convienant to my needs. When I try to check in I get all the way through the sign in crap and I ask could I get the same room the lady could not find my file so she called the manager and she says no I can not check you in because you are on the DNR do not return list. I was shocked and said why and she told me that her manager said the room was trashed and we did not return the key. I was extremely shocked at what I was hearing at no point did she state a fact or say anything about me checking out late. Flat out lied. Front desk was very rude showed no kind of symphany.I would not recommend anyone to stay here plus they don't have WI Fi, I ended up staying at Extended stay America and they were%100 great customer

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank n m

Reviewed 15 October 2013

WE have been at homeway for 2 months are more. We also have kids. You can have up to four people in the room whitch we take turns with the kids letting them stay. The people at home away called up to the room to let us no that we are kicked out for having are kids over bc they said we had all of our kids with us going by what someone told them. I liked this place alot till you start kicking people out bc they let their kids stay the night. When we got a girl and her mom and her brother staying here saling drugs and the mom an young girl having guys over to have sex for money to pay there rent.Saling drugs to have money people in an out but hey they still get to stay at homeaway. This place needs someone else running it. It Also says KIDS ARE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place would be great if it wasnt for that. Thanks Wendy for kicking us out bc we have kids.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lilmissbabe86
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Up here working the TVA outage at Sequoyah Nuke Plant for 7 weeks. Everything in the area is HIGH priced and most don't even have weekly rates. This place is VERY reasonable. My studio isn't bad at all. Could use a bit of updating like new carpet. Clean. Safe. Quiet. Everything works and if it doesn't they're right there to fix it. My microwave died and they brought me a brand new one in less than five minutes! Staff is awesome! Very accommodating. Joann is a sweetheart! I am not easy to please so you know this place is decent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Weekly rate starts around $221 tax included plus a $40 deposit. Check your room first, some smell funky, some have no internet access, and some are dirty. Now, you have to use your own garbage bags and take out your own garbage, buy your own toilet paper, bring down your towels and bedding when you need clean stuff. Yes walls are thin and 'residents' here can be noisy. It does have a decent little kitchen area, with good sized fridge, three burner stove top and microwave. Place is short on outlets and the tv is quit dated. Wired internet is fast and cable is ok. I am staying in the area for a month on business and this will do this time, not next time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Home away in Hixson, TN. is an excellent, clean, and well maintained extended stay hotel. I have been at this hotel for an extended time now and have never had any issues with the staff or other guests. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The manager (Wendy) and desk clerk (Hannah) have always been helpful. The maintenance person (Dirk) is constantly making sure things are working properly and making sure the property remains neat and clean. If you are looking for a safe, clean, friendly, and inexpensive extended stay hotel, this is the place to be. Jeff M.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have stayed here for an extended amount of time. my main complaint is noise from other rooms especially the one above me which they book families into a lot and you can hear kids running . the walls are very thin and you can hear what is going on in other rooms. the whole place needs a remodel as you can tell by the old carpet with worn out spots and stains in them. you can tell it hasn't had any renavation work done since it opened. also the American flag is torn and needs to be replaced. for the price with utilities included it meets my needs for now. also something needs to be done about cars speeding through the parking lot. dale 107

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank charles s
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was having my home renovated, and needed a nice quiet place to stay thats still in my comfort zone, and close to my favorite shopping places! I chose Home Away because it meets all those needs. Its located near the main strip, w/ all the main shopping centers and plazas, within walking distance! The rates are the cheapest i know of in town. Only about 37 a night, weekly for one person... The staff were extremly friendly, and made me feel at home! I love the fact that there's a 24 hr security guard on site, thats a big relief..If your coming to the Hixson area this is the place to stay! Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: most rooms have two beds, so specify if you want a king or two queens!