“One of the best hotels I have stayed in for a while”

Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly)
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hurricane Mills
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed one night after traveling from Chattanooga to Loretta Lynn's Ranch. Newly remodeled. Rooms were beautiful, clean, bed was comfortable. Outdoor Pool was very clean. Continental breakfast was the best I have ever had. The selection was great-they had awesome biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs. Variety of other items-fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, muffins and pastries. Staff was very friendly. Will definitely stay here again. Wish we would have booked more nights at this hotel. Loretta Lynn's Kitchen restaurant was right by the hotel in walking distance from the hotel. Great meal. Good southern home cooking. Lunch and dinner buffet. After reading the reviews for this hotel and the others in the area-we picked this one, and we were glad we did.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol K

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The room was fine. The bed was comfortable. The air conditioning was fine. (Although I can't figure out why hotels are using such heavy comforters. It's hard to find a temperature balance to sleep comfortably.)

We stayed here on our way to Gatlinburg. There was construction going on - bothersome but workable. I would say this place is about 3.5 in ratings. I went with the lower rating because of the pricing and the fact that most areas were closed. The drive up to the front doors was blocked off. Elevators weren't working. The pool and lobby were closed. They were adding on a place to workout but that wasn't open yet.

For the price, this was not the best value for my money. This hotel still has smoking rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly), responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Trident88,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here 2 nights with my aunt and mom. They are under major construction - only to the common areas, not to the rooms. There is no elelvator access, which was a really big deal for us. My aunt is diabetic and has trouble with stairs. They couldn't navigate the stairs and carry their bags, so I made 3 trips upstairs to carry our bags - not a treat. The place is covered with dust. My room was very musty smelling, the other room didn't smell. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was decent, but I didn't like dodging hanging wires, tile boxes, etc w/ while having breakfast. I would not stay here again with the hotel in this condition and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly), responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear KVM0716,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay because of the ongoing renovations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property, which does include the rooms on property.

Janice A

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This HIX is currently undergoing renovation -- lobby, breakfast area, elevator, fitness room, pool -- with the end finally in sight. In spite of that, I believe they are doing everything possible to minimize the turmoil for guests. Parking was not compromised; the hotel was very quiet at night; front desk reps were friendly; signage was decent.

The room itself was upgraded to current HIX standards, clean, with flat-screen (good number of channels), fridge, microwave, work desk (several outlets for recharging), no-frills yet pleasant furniture and bedding. Water temp and pressure were excellent; granite vanity and rain-shower head in the bath. Exhaust vent was noisy. Views from the rooms include an abrupt hill or the parking lot.

Pool, when complete, will be small but adequate. The lobby/breakfast area will be lovely when painting is finished and the new furniture is unboxed. For the next few days, until the elevator is up and running, you will need to climb the stairs for second-floor rooms.

One negative of our stay: We were told at check-in that breakfast ended at 10:00 am. Arriving at 9:27, we saw the food being taken away and the breakfast rep said the ending time was actually 9:30. She did set plates, utensils, etc. back out for us, and, on the plus side, there was still adequate hot and cold food available.

For travelers just overnighting, this exit has a Pilot gas station (good for semi's and RV's), a Subway, Arby's, bbq place, and the Log Cabin and Loretta Lynn's Kitchen restaurants. There are a couple other hotels, but the HIX would be my only choice. (Note that its entrance is a tad unclear; it shares the uphill road with LL's Kitchen.) LL's Ranch is a few minutes north. On alternating Saturday evenings in summer, Concerts on Main are held in Lobleville, about 10 minutes south.

Room Tip: Rooms facing hill are quieter in a.m. than facing parking lot
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed here on the night of May 31, 2013 while visiting Loretta Lynn's Ranch. Although the
facility was undergoing major remodeling, the accommodations were fine. The king bed room was clean and nicely decorated. The bed was fine and clean. The staff at the front desk was
very, very friendly and most willing to make our stay comfortable in spite of the remodeling. We
found them to be polite and courteous as well as efficient. The breakfast offered a good selection of food-- the choices were plentiful. The hotel is in a perfect location for visiting
Loretta Lynn's ranch and there are a few restaurants nearby like Loretta Lynn's Kitchen which
was a decent place to eat with a nice gift shop.

Room Tip: We were offered a first floor room if we didn't want to take our luggage up the stairs. Elevato...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This hotel has recently undergone major remodeling. The room was new and the carpets had been shampooed that day, It was roomy with two queen beds, desk area, chair with ottoman, fridge, microwave and flat screen tv. The bed was very comfy and the linens were soft. There were 4 pillows on each bed. The parking lot connects with Loretta Lynn's kitchen a stone's throw away. It is right off of interstate 40 with gas stations aplenty. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed here one night while we were visiting Loretta Lynn's Ranch. There really are not a lot of hotels or motels to choose from in this area, so this hotel was by far the best in my opinion considering what there was to choose from and I am somewhat picky when it comes to staying at hotels. My only complaint was the construction going on, I guess they are renovating and/or adding on to the hotel. The room was pretty clean, but the bed I think has seen better days. It sagged in certain areas, but I have noticed at other Holiday Inns that this has happened before. I think it is the quality of beds they use. Offers breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly), responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear 140Teresa69,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. While we are very happy that you chose us, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I am truly sorry for the troubles the ongoing renovation has brought you. To cater to our guests' needs, we are currently adding a fitness center and an elevator as well as working on our lobby and our pool. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, thus, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We look forward to hosting you again.

Dhan M

#1 of 1 in Waverly
Days Inn Holladay
Days Inn Holladay
#1 of 1 in Holladay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly)? Share your experiences!