“Real country cooking like Grandma's.”

Log Cabin Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Brooklyn, New York
“Real country cooking like Grandma's.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

No frills. They don't go and try to fancy it up like they do up here. Just straight traditional country cooking. Eveyrthing we tried was almost as good as I make at home. I heard from quite a few folks that the "Roast Beef" is amazing, more like slow cooked pot roast. Sweet tea is perfect.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank TinkerToot

Booneville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I give this a 5 all the way around. My husband and I travel a lot and to be able to go in and sit down and read reviews and see that they are all as they say are amazing. Thank you Log Cabin for your perfect decor, friendly wait staff, yummy food and overall hospitality. We will def be stopping again and recommending you to family and friends.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank linda4uk_us
Orlando, Florida
“Wow!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Home cooking at its finest! The meals were well prepared, fresh and tasted oh so good. The veggies are to write home about. Be sure to save room for homemade pie. The waitress was outstanding and very patient and helpful in explaining the menu.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JSD53
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Good Southern style cooking”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We were traveling and stopped here for lunch. My husband ordered the catfish and instead of french fries got the green beans. His meal also came with white beans and ham, hush puppies and coleslaw. I ordered the fried shrimp with baked potato and house salad. The salad was actually very nice with about five or six ingredients and a was a generous portions. The fried shrimp were very generous about eight butterflied shrimp fried with a light batter, not at all heavy. All in all we thought it was an excellent meal however, a couple areas we weren't too impressed with and we did not see that Southern hospitality that everyone talks about. There was a lot of clanging and banging but all in all the quality of the food was excellent. If we are traveling to this area again we will certainly stop.

1 Thank KansasSunflowers
Mississippi
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

When looking for a place to have lunch for my bus group for Thursday, May 8, I looked first to Trip Advisor and when I saw the positive reviews, I knew that would be the place for my group of senior ladies.
The review of their fried green tomatoes was very good so I ordered a serving of them for each table. They were wonderful! All enjoyed them.
Most of us had the day's special and it was very good.
I would go back there in a heartbeat. Whenever I have a trip to the Loretta Lynn Ranch again, that will be our place for lunch.

• Visited May 2014