All reviewscumberland rivergabbycottageclarksvilleproperty
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I wish I could stay here forever! It's instant calm the minute you walk in. Arlene, Mandy and Steve are all so wonderful you forget there's a real world out there. My cousin and I stayed there for a few days and it was wonderful. Wonder-Full of charm, love, laughter, great food, and, and, and,,,, It's just such a wonderful place with beautiful scenery, calm surroundings and an awesome hostess. It is an older home with all the quirks and that come with older homes. If you're looking for sterile, modern decor; this is not it!
I recommend it highly and the adjoining Quilt Trail with even more awesome scenery. If you want a taste of the great food, order a gift basket in advance so you'll know how great the food and service will be.
They made every request seem easy and never let it show if it put them to any trouble. Mandy even fed us when she wasn't home! Now that's awesome!
Come visit and sit on the porch to watch the sun set, you'll know what content is.
K. Adkins
Cookeville, TN

Room Tip: Zanie's Room & No. 7 are on the back of the house (N-NE-E facing). Zanie's is right at the head of the steps (we stayed in this room; and the steps didn't bother us); Lyle's Room is next door to No. 7; but on the front of the house with Sailor's Rest (S-SW-W facing). If you're facing the house; Sailor's Rest is on the front, left; Zanie's is behind that on the rear, left. Lyle's Room is on the front, right; & No. 7 is behind that on the rear, right.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends