“Not a place for wary travelers”

FairBridge Inn Express
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
“Not a place for wary travelers”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

On a road trip we chose this hotel because of the price and close location to the highway. We came in around midnight and it was in the teens for temperature. Our room was so cold we stayed in our jackets. Our room temperature didn't become tolerable for two to three hours The water in our shower was only lukewarm at best. The TV didn't work and the deadbolt on the door also didn't work. Luckily we were there only to sleep and shower before driving more.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Cheer4wp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I drove here on 18 December and stayed until 21 December. The hotel is clean, tidy, and convenient to a gas station and a Waffle House - both musts for me on my road trips. The only negatives for me were the bathroom (shower curtain rod was bent, but still serviceable) and one of the bulbs in the overhead light was burnt out. I also could not keep my key whilst I was there - I had to get a staff member to let me in and out. However, the owner worked on the lock on 12.30 on 20 December and gave me a key then, so I assume that problem has been sorted and wont let it influence my rating. In a nutshell, this hotel is a good one if you are a solo traveller and only want a place to sleep, wash, and change clothes - which is all I wanted. However, if you simply must have an all-singing, all-dancing experience, pass this one by. One final protip: North Highland Street has numerous speed traps and red-light cameras. If you drive here on North Highland, keep your speed to 35MPH and don't try to outrun any yellow lights.

Room Tip: I got Room 214 - hopefully the shower rods in the other rooms are sturdier, eh? ;) I would suggest...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank RebelKnightCSA
AJ J, Owner at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
review removed knights inn jackson tn
aberdeen
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This was the worst place we have ever stayed. There were bugs in the bathrooms and stains on the carpet, Holes in the sheet. We could hear constant yelling from the management. Very unprofessional. Not to mention what what kind of activities they allow go on in the back of the motel. Its just plain out nasty all around.

Room Tip: Just don't waist your money. They don't refund it.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sam j
Kirti p, Front Office Manager at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, 24 February 2017
new manager Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My wife and I booked this hotel through Hotels.com. It had a 3.4 rating out of 5, so we thought it wouldn't be that bad. The truth was that it was far worse that either of us imagined.

We had to wait for 15 minutes for the hotel personnel to process our order and finally got us our keys for our room. It was difficult to see the room numbers in the dark without getting out of the car. When we found our room, it was filthy. There were empty Bacardi bottles everywhere and the bed wasn't even made. We went back to the office (you can hardly call it a front desk) and got another room. When we got inside, the room was gross. The bathroom grout was black, the light switch covers were peeling from the wall, the bed sheets had stains, and the comforter was torn. My wife even took picture to show her brother how gross the room was. It was also a smoking room, and we asked for non-smoking.

We walked outside to leave, and the hotel worker came running from the office and asked us to wait 30 minutes for him to clean the first room. He said he needed that room for a smoking customer that was coming in. It was all too much for us and we asked for a refund, which he told us we'd have to contact hotels.com and get it that way. (Which I'm happy to say actually went very well, though their estimation of how long I was on hold was off by about 5 minutes.)

Bottom line, avoid this place like the plague. It's probably disease ridden as is.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BenSailors

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 August 2004

Pluses - Friendly staff and nice location. Looks nice from the outside.

Minuses - Ask to see the rooms before you pay.

One room I saw had a hole in the floor in the closet that was covered by an old wash rag, and in another area of the closet there was a pipe sticking out of the floor that had a plastic bag stuffed in it.

I didn't rent a room here after checking a few rooms out.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member