“Exceeded my expectations”

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Lafayette, NY
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had been traveling for 12 hours straight and couldn't go to the hotel I previously booked in Kentucky. I called 15 minutes ahead of time and they were able to accommodate me immediately. When I checked in, the owner, Andy, was extremely helpful and since I was traveling alone, gave me a room in the front. He called to check on me, came to help me with my air conditioning and checked on me again before I went to dinner. For $50, this was a great motel with great service. The bed was comfortable and there was a flat screen tv- plus its not too far away from lots of food places.

Only cons were that the shower pressure wasn't the greatest and since the road was in front and right near the road, it was pretty noisy, but I didn't mind because I am a heavy sleeper. This is worth the price!!

Room Tip: i had 208! right in the front, so theres more security, but also more noise
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Courtney S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our room was clean, our heat worked and the water in the shower was warm. It's not super nice and it is a little worn but the staff was nice. It was a decent place to get some rest. It was pet friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I got stuck in Jackson for an extra week researching a job and was made to feel quite at home at the Knight's Inn on Highland Ave. The rooms were very clean and newly remodeled, rates fair and affordable, and every request I made was accommodated for. I've read the other reviews and detect a note of discrimination, but Manager/owner Andy and family were very hospitable and pleasant, not only that but eager to please and constantly checked to make sure I was comfortable and happy. By far the best experience I've had in a chain hotel/motel type setting and given the fact that I wasn't thrilled to be held over in Jackson in the first place, quite a pleasant week in general. Thanks Andy, and if i am ever in need of accomodations in Jackson again, I will DEFINITELY be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank CueW
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We checked in late, placed our belongings in the rooms, returned to the hospital. When we returned, we got ready for bed and pulled the covers back.
On one bed there was a dark brown substance that was dried and smeared on the sheet. If we hadn't pulled the covers back that far we would have never known it.
I went to the manager and showed him the picture, and he promised me that that was not his room. He said I must have taken the picture somewhere else. He wouldnt come look at the sheets, yet he offered me clean sheets.
While he was getting the sheets the police went by, so I decided to call them and see if they could help me out.
The police responded quickly, looked at the brown substance, and then had a talk with the manager.
The manager gave me the money back for one of the rooms, and we went somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank mikeeman
AJ J, Owner at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
review removed knights inn jackson tn

Travellers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Reviewed 4 January 2012

On a road trip we chose this hotel because of the price and close location to the highway. We came in around midnight and it was in the teens for temperature. Our room was so cold we stayed in our jackets. Our room temperature didn't become tolerable for two to three hours The water in our shower was only lukewarm at best. The TV didn't work and the deadbolt on the door also didn't work. Luckily we were there only to sleep and shower before driving more.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Cheer4wp
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I drove here on 18 December and stayed until 21 December. The hotel is clean, tidy, and convenient to a gas station and a Waffle House - both musts for me on my road trips. The only negatives for me were the bathroom (shower curtain rod was bent, but still serviceable) and one of the bulbs in the overhead light was burnt out. I also could not keep my key whilst I was there - I had to get a staff member to let me in and out. However, the owner worked on the lock on 12.30 on 20 December and gave me a key then, so I assume that problem has been sorted and wont let it influence my rating. In a nutshell, this hotel is a good one if you are a solo traveller and only want a place to sleep, wash, and change clothes - which is all I wanted. However, if you simply must have an all-singing, all-dancing experience, pass this one by. One final protip: North Highland Street has numerous speed traps and red-light cameras. If you drive here on North Highland, keep your speed to 35MPH and don't try to outrun any yellow lights.

Room Tip: I got Room 214 - hopefully the shower rods in the other rooms are sturdier, eh? ;) I would suggest...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank RebelKnightCSA
AJ J, Owner at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
review removed knights inn jackson tn
aberdeen
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This was the worst place we have ever stayed. There were bugs in the bathrooms and stains on the carpet, Holes in the sheet. We could hear constant yelling from the management. Very unprofessional. Not to mention what what kind of activities they allow go on in the back of the motel. Its just plain out nasty all around.

Room Tip: Just don't waist your money. They don't refund it.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sam j
Kirti p, Front Office Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2017
new manager Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.