“Average room; no breakfast”
Review of Courtyard Jackson

Courtyard Jackson
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 13 June 2014

At least the pillows were full-sized. Information about breakfast in book in the room was ambiguous. Called front desk to ask if it was included. I could hear her click a few computer keys, then she said, "No." Interesting. Does a non-AAA rate mean you get included breakfast, while AAA rate means you do not?

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Roy C

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments with us! Everything we do is aimed at making sure our guests are well taken care of, and I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding. While do have an on-site restaurant with items al carte, we do actually have a rate that includes breakfast.

I'm sure Ms. Keren was only checking to verify that your rate did or did not include breakfast.
If we can do anything to earn your complete satisfaction, please do not hesitate to let me know. You can give us a call anytime at (731)422.1818, or you can reach me directly via email at jshelley@vistahost.net.

Again, thank you!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Jackson

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very nice staff, both Bistro and house keeping. However, upon my arrival, I was waiting for front desk staff for several minutes. . The Bistro manager alerted and finally got the front desk staff to attend to me. No room service nor did I have a coffee pot in my room. The refrigerator was gone. This was sub par to my past Marriott experiences at other hotel properties. Will not return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JC S, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Robert G

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments with us.

Please know that your wait was not intentional, and as you stated, after 19 hours? We can understand when you're here, you're simply ready to get in and just relax. Please accept my sincerest apologies for having you wait longer than necessary.

I would love the opportunity to have you back with us and earn your complete satisfaction. If you're ever back this way, please contact me and let me know. You can reach me at jshelley@vistahost.net or give me a call at (731)422.1818.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We reserved a king suite and extra towels-- got the room but the room was outfitted for two-not four. The 2 glasses were dirty- that was kinda gross- the carpet needed a good vacuum-- the sofa couch was not sleep able. Also the king mattress had sleep "groves." It wasn't horrible just ok. No coffee no breakfast included. Don't think we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014

bevArm a

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments!

I am so sorry that we weren't able to make your stay better than "ok." As what you experienced is not a norm for us, I would love the opportunity to earn your return and total satisfaction. Please contact me and let me know if we can, and how we might be able to do so. You can reach me directly at jshelley@vistahost.net or you can give me a call at (731)422.1818. I look forward to speaking with you, and hopefully we'll have the opportunity to serve you again.

G. Thompson
Spent 3 nights here while attending a recent wedding. Nice place, not run down. Felt comfortable and safe while there. The employees were GREAT! Seemed to really enjoy working there and went out of their way to make sure that we had everything that we needed (especially the desk clerk "JC" (sorry, didn't remember his last name)). If they could have improved on ANYthing, it would be to clean up the back patio area just a bit. Some of the people in our party were smokers and so we spent some time sitting out there visiting and the area looked a little neglected, compared to the rest of the hotel which was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Courtyardtn, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

I truly appreciate the wonderful comments! Everything we do is aimed at providing excellent service and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay! I do apologize that our courtyard area did not meet your expectations and be assured I am addressing this.

if you find yourself back in the area, please do not hesitate to let us know when you're returning. You can contact us at (731)422-1818, or reach me anytime at lreskey@vistahost.net. The Courtyard Team looks forward to the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My kids and I stayed at the Courtyard Jackson TN from Sunday June 1, 2014 to Tuesday 3, 2014. The young lady at the front desk was very helpful, polite and accomadating. I needed a room on the highest floor with a refrigerator to store my insulin and she was able to find me one. She introduced herself and shook my hand and that has never happened before at any hotel. I forgot her name :(. The entire staff was polite and helpful and they made us feel at home. The hotel was clean, smelled fresh and the rooms were emaculate. I will definitely be staying again and I highly recommend Courtyard Jackson to anyone who's looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank simplychell

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was amazed at how friendly the staff was upon check-in. They were helpful in all aspects. Although there was a key issue, I was understanding and it was resolved before my 3 day stay was over. It could have been difficult had my husband not left early because of a family emergency (one key for 2 people going separate directions could have been a scheduling nightmare). BUT, that was all well and good.

My room... The carpets desperately needed cleaning. There were stains in several places. There was also some type of stain on the iHome clock radio... so much so that I didn't want to touch it, though it was a dry stain. The bathroom was very clean and in great order - very spacious! The couch looked very loved but clean.

I don't understand putting the fridge and coffee maker into a closed cabinet. One would think that this will make the fridge overheat and cease working sooner than later. Also, one has to open both bottom doors to get into the fridge which is awfully cumbersome when you have an arm full of items. Also, the doors should, one would think, remain open while making coffee and that would have made getting around that big cabinet awkward. Overall, not a great design concept, but the roll-out table = genius!!!

The only real complaint was the smell of the second floor hallway. (My room smelled of deodorizer fairly strongly, but not annoyingly so.) The hallway smelled like a combination of old dirty soured cloth diapers and collard greens cooking. It seemed to be all over the entire hallway and could have been coming from the janitor's closet. It COULD be really dirty mop water or a souring mop, but to make a smell that bad you would need to have about 10 dirty/moldy mops and a big bucket of mop water that had been sitting around for weeks/months. The smell was very obnoxious. I did mention it to the staff upon leaving just so that they were aware of the problem. I also asked one of the House Cleaning Staff if she knew what the smell was, and she seemed to think it may be mold growing in the walls. This made me really scared to stay here in the future. I probably would if the case arose, though, but I would want to try a different floor. I don't travel to Jackson, TN very often.

As is par for the course for me, my last night had junior high boys all running up and down the hallways, yelling to one another, talking loudly and slamming doors. I mentioned my family emergency above, luckily I was up late enough to put up with it until they went to bed (baseball players). Had I been trying to go to sleep, I would have been quite annoyed. I don't know how to address this other than calling the front desk, but maybe letting the coaches/families know when they check in that loud, obnoxious behavior inside the hotel will not be tolerated and that there are other Business Guests who will not appreciate loud guests in the evenings. Parents should also realize that the entire hotel is not full of baseball players and that there are professional people staying there who NEED sleep even on the weekends.

Thanks, Janne Zaccagnino

Room Tip: Not being near the elevators is usually a good choice as far as noise is concerned, but next door to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Zaccagnino,

I truly appreciate all the comments and suggestions! Everything we do is aimed at providing an excellent experience for each of our guest and I do apologize that we did not provide this to you during your stay with us.

Thank you for the positive comments regarding our Front Desk staff. I am glad that you enjoyed the rollout desk and please know that your comments regarding the fridge and coffee maker will be forward to Marriott to review regarding current brand standard.

I also apologize for the odor you experienced. We are, and have been, working with JEA (Jackson Energy Authority) to determine why we get this smell. Our housekeeper you spoke with had not been briefed on this situation and her comment regarding mold was untrue and inappropriate. Please be assured this smell is not a result of mold, of which we do not have.

We do, on occasion, have guests in our hotel which have a difficult time honoring our quite hours. I apologize that you were disturbed by other guests. We do require teams to sign a Hotel Respect Policy upon check-in in an attempt to ensure our other guests are not disturbed. When we are made aware of noise please be assured we do address the situation.

We will be reaching out to you so that we may discuss your stay further. I would hope that,
if you find yourself back in the area, you would allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence. You can contact us at (731)422-1818, or reach me anytime at lreskey@vistahost.net. The Courtyard Team looks forward to the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Thanks to all Courtyard Jackson team, who have attend us very kindly. Special thanks to Via, bar attendant, for the conversation, tips about the beverages and for making our stay more plesant. Certanly I'll take the same hotel in the next visit

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Courtyardtn, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Jackson was enjoyable.