“Night audit was awfully”

Jackson Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Jackson, Tennessee
“Night audit was awfully”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Over all its a OK hotel I love the morning shift they were very helpful BUT the night audit is AWFULLY AND VERY VERY RUDE whatever I need to have done I made sure it was done by the time morning shift left I came down for breakfast one morning and he was very rude about it about me fixing two waffle's and 2 oatmeal's he would stand over me and ask me is this yours while trying to prepare everything I ask some others that was eating have they ever stayed there before they replied yes he always acts stuck up like that and the night before I came in late from work and ask for face towels and he told me that he could not get me any face towels cause it was after 10 and all of house keeping was gone so I ask him is there anyway he could get me any he replied ma'am what do you want me to do about it and this wasn't my first asking for towels the one first time I ask for towels he ask me for my room number and how many people was in my room and I ask him why do you have to check my room count just to get towels and he never replied back if I had to pick and choose weather to come back if having to deal with guest service like that it would be a big NO and it was my first time staying not a good impression

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This was inexpensive but not worth it, although if you must have a cheap room, we did feel safe. The room was clean enough but smelled musty, and the rollaway bid for 3rd kid was very uncomfortable. The worst part was breakfast - the waffles came out sour and very rubbery, I think the batter was sour and when we complained they were initially abrupt about it, then came back and apologized but said they weren't going to do anything about it. When I checked out, they knocked $12 off the bill, but that works out to $2.40 per person (5 person family) so while I appreciated it, it wasn't fair compensation for the service we had purchased but not received (waffles are a key element of a hotel stay for us with 3 kids).

We decided to pull off at the last minite and hadn't gotten to check TripAdvisor - mistake!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Columbia
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

One of the most disgusting hotels I've ever experienced. There is not one thing about this place that you can even try to find redeeming. The fire alarm (located directly over our room) went off 6 times while we were there. The phones were all out so there was no way to verify if it was a true emergency. Front desk clerk & manager could not express even a modicum of remorse about all of the issues with the stay and they adamantly refuse to discuss any compensation for their failure to provide adequate services. I wouldn't stay there again if I was paid to do so. Awful place & I would never recommend it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather W
long sault
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The bed was covered in urine stains the bathroom was falling apart and moldy the carpet was completely stained and the fridge was covered in rust inside. 3 out of the 4 people who came to the room claim they didn't understand and couldn't speak English they handed me the sheets and expected me to change the bed and when I said I wouldn't stay and subject my daughter and I too the place they kept my money and refused to give it back the disgusting thieves. I would not recommend that place to mice much less humans.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank b s
Manasquan
Reviewed 26 June 2014

No wonder the price was very cheap - you get what you pay for. While there is a local museum and shops next door, we needed tractor trailer parking and pet friendly. Obviously, the pet friendly room we got REEKED of dog odor. Fortunately, I always carry air spray so I just about emptied the can in the room to make it a little less painful. The sheets and bed coverings had cigarette burn holes in them, the room was shabby, there was some sort of digging "improvements" going on in the center area of the hotel so outside our window was dirt, rocks, hoses, and buckets. The refrigerator had all rusted shelves and needed a good cleaning, as did the bathroom walls and floors. My advise - go somewhere else. This place is definitely going down hill and they are doing nothing to improve it.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ginny110411
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Needs to be knocked down and replaced with an actual hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE! Dirty, freezing cold, heater could barely keep the room at 60 degrees, scary, loud music playing in the middle of the night with lots of bass coming from somewhere... The worst hotel room I have EVER had in 40 years of traveling. Keep driving, sleep in your car, SAVE YOURSELVES!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael K
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 March 2014

How I wish I'd read these reviews prior to using my discount coupon and staying at this place! The coupon reduced the price to less than $40.00. The location was convenient. The front desk evening clerk and the young man who was pushing a wet mop as well as handling check-outs the next morning were both friendly and pleasant.

That's about all the positives that can be cited for this place. As others have noted, it was a mess!

I was directed to the side door - as I entered the building, I noticed the gravel edging the sidewalk was absolutely filled with cigarette butts, despite the presence of a free-standing "ashtray". The elevator was next to the entrance, but while I was waiting for it to arrive, I noticed loose wiring hanging from the ceiling of the adjoining corridor. Once aboard the elevator, I saw that the floor was quite dirty and didn't appear to have been cleaned for some time.

My second floor non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke - when I left the room, I saw that the room on one side was also non-smoking, but those two appeared to be the only non-smoking rooms along the corridor. I was glad to have a small balcony with a sliding glass door - it helped air out the room (fortunately, it was a warmish day), but I knew I'd have to do more to make it anywhere near tolerable.

When I started to transfer the contents of my small cooler, I found that the front of the small refrigerator door was extremely dusty and dirty. So I dampened a paper towel I had along, and gave it a swipe - which only made the dust atop the fridge stand out more by contrast, so it also got attention from me. But when I started to store my snacks, I found that the refrigerator's door handle was broken and swinging freely from its one remaining bolt.

After going out for dinner and finding a nearby Dollar Store which had room freshener, I entered the Inn by what was now a very dark side doorway - where was the security light?? - did what I could about the stinky room, and eventually started to prepare for bed, but wanted to watch television for a while first. The TV worked, but once on the bed, I found cigarette holes burned into the white lining of the dark quilted bedspread. More cigarette burns were on the edge of the bedside table. This was a non-smoking room??? Right...

So finally preparing for sleep, I looked around for a clock radio I could set to make sure I would awake on time for an early start on down the road. Aha, there it was, atop the refrigerator - but it didn't seem to have a clock. A closer investigation proved that it was plugged in, after all, but the clock function was impossible to set - the time would only read 12:00, and then would swiftly blink out, leaving a completely dark screen. I couldn't get the radio to function at all.

So after a fair night's sleep, I woke up naturally - too late to try the free breakfast, which was only offered until 9:00 a.m. - and got ready to take a bath. But I couldn't - there was no plug in the tub, so I settled for a shower.

I told the young man pushing the dust mop of the various issues I encountered - he apologized, but didn't offer to get a manager or to reduce my bill or to do anything else to make up for the lapses. Instead, he made excuses for several things, including the great number of cigarette butts just outside the side entrance - claiming the staff would clean them up, only for them to reappear. Really, how long does it take for at least 50-75 butts to accumulate?? That didn't happen overnight...

Sometimes an apparent bargain just isn't worth the money saved. This "Dis-comfort Inn" experience certainly proved just that. Never again...

Room Tip: Choose a good room in another motel, not this one!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo