“Great hotel. Amazing service. Was there for almost a week. You truly get to know why this hotel does so well. Our room was”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Great people. Great hotel. They made everything so nice. My own family should treat me as good as they did. Room was so clean. They were ready for us when we pulled up. Breakfast was really great everyday and the attendant was so nice.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Wow. What can I say good about this hotel... I always try to compliment every establishment if I am going to complain about something...however... At this hotel there is literally nothing at all to compliment. I am thankful that I haven't been killed yet even though I have pictures of the door with a gouge out of it. I have pics of the BLACK SLIME coating the toilet, the soap dish, the tub... And more! We regularly stay at La Quinta and have never had to ask for a feather free room... So it was our fault their were feather pillows in the room ... HOWEVER... When we sent my 11 year old daughter down to exchange the three down pillows he screamed at her that he didnt have time to do it...he was behind! Then... He called us and said he had no idea what kind of pillows he had but he had the only three he could find in empty rooms and we could come check and see if they were pillows. He pointed out how stupid I was for not requesting a feather free room! I refused to send my daughter down for that.. Ended up going down in my gown... And he yelled at me and asked how he was supposed to know what was in there. I asked big Ray, with the facial hair (in case you need to know), how he didn't know by this point in his life that pillows had tags explaining what is inside. I had defended him and said we were tired when he was rude to my mother. He flipped out on me. Btw.. Every time I went down to the desk there was a prostitute looking woman chatting with him... Not just one but two different ones. This man attack my young daughter verbally, my mother and myself and should be fired immediately. The head of house keeping and whole house keeping staff should be fired. In the end the buck stops with the GM and franchise owners... I will be calling La Quinta corporate! They should condemn this hotel and start over! They act like people are putting them out to check in this 'roach motel'.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We checked in with Ray @ after 1:00 a m. He was rude, shouldn't be considered for employment in an out house much less in the hospitality business. The room we were told had to be in a certain part of hotel since we have pets. Which by the way are covered by federal disability act & are allowed to be in any room legally, but I didn't impose this on him. Got in dirty elevator, went to 3rd floor, couldn't find room 320 as it & several others had NO numbers on them. Finally found one marked & counted to find it. Carpet filthy!! Commode black all inside, soap dish molded in corners, tub dirty! Allergic to feather pillows so we took them to front desk, Ray informed us he was not a pillow expert! Took 3, only got 2 in return & had to go get those ourselves at Ray's impolite suggestion if we wanted any to come get them. He was behind! At 2:15 a m he had no customers, no phone calls, but he was behind! Assuming night audit more important than paying customers! My rating for this establishment would be negative 5 stars! Do you want to see pictures? I have them!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My family and I always stay at la Quinta but this one was terrible. The staff person was really rood to my 11 year old girl. Very rood to my mom. And very rood to me. We had stains on the carpet and they did not clean the bathroom the toilet was filthy and if my family gets sick I am going to sue them. The water in the tub looked so dirty. The elevator was screechy and I felted like it was going to fall. Overall it was a bad choice to stay there.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is old and out dated and smelled as such. The elevator was scary,thought i was going to fall to my death at one point. The doors in my room looked like they were attacked by a tiger or something of that nature. I only stayed for 30 minutes then decided to stay three miles down the highway at the holiday inn express which was very nice well worth the extra money.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

This place is ruining the reputation of La Quinta chain. If you have a choice, keep driving to find a nicer place to stay. I was traveling with dogs and already 10h in the car and just wanted to get some rest. The front desk employee (working on Mon evening) was super unprofessional and, being in the hospitality industry myself, she would be fired on the spot if she was working for me. The room was dirty, especially the carpet. Linens didn't feel fresh either. Breakfast in the morning was a joke with a coffee that tasted like instant. Keep driving. I'm not too picky and travel a lot but for over $100 for the deluxe room I expected all the basics to be covered.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 9-17-13 and was shocked that this hotel was so dirty! It is not at all a standard of any La Quinta hotels we have ever stayed at. We travel with 2 small dogs and upon entering our room the first thing we noticed the smell! The room stunk! There were stains all over the carpet and on the side chair and ottoman. As it was late when we arrived we had no choice but to stay here. The next morning when we went down to breakfast the attendant was eating and visiting with one of the maids who was also eating, later the front desk clerk and manager came in to eat as well. During my breakfast I counted 6 employees enjoying their breakfast - I have never seen this happen before. The food budget is going to staff! The only thing good about breakfast was the sausage gravy, the biscuits were the normal hard rolls but the gravy helped them. Upon coming down from our room when the elevator door opened there was a maid cart directly in front of where you had to step out into hallway and the maid was on a personal call not far away! We do not recommend this hotel as it is not a standard for La Quinta's.

Room Tip: None at this location until it is cleaned up!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family