“Looks good on the outside”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Unfortunately, the inside does not match. The carpet in the hallways and in the rooms is old, dirty, stained and overall nasty. I could NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. the check in process was Ok and the staff was OK - not overly friendly or rude - just there to do their job.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We dragged our belongs to the top floor and opened the door to a room that had not been cleaned at all. Took our cart back to the desk and was given another room. It had been "cleaned". My husband told me to pack up and we were heading down the road to Memphis. We'd been driving 13 hrs. already. We will never stop there again. Memphis -Airport was much better. We give it 3 stars. Germantown would have been a much better choice. We'll remember for next time.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This past Monday I checked into this hotel after a long day of work and after driving hours to reach this property I checked into a room that was unvacummed, unclean & a bed that looked unmade. I went to the desk to let the attendant the room was dirty and was moved to another room. The 2nd room was in very poor condition but I requested another room because there was a hole in the door from the security chain. I went back to the first room after finding a vacuum cleaner and vacuumed the floor. There was a lot of dog fur, a toothpick, dog food, an apple jack and in general it was just filthy. I advised the clerk at the front desk I was cleaning my own hotel room she moved me to a "suite". It was old, worn and shabby and had terrible stains on the carpeting and mysteriously there was no coffee table and the couch and chair were filthy as well but it seemed cleaner than the first room so I stayed there. The air conditioner compressor rattled and kept me up all night. The room above me on the third floor had occupants that sounded like a herd of elephants when they moved around and the floors creaked also. The bed was decently comfortable except the pillows smelled of smoke. The breakfast bar area was so frightening that I didn't touch anything. The elevator was in bad shape and the stairwells were filthy as were the areas where ice and vending machines were located.

1  Thank Matt P
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Needed a place to get a couple of hours of sleep. Got into Jackson late, after 1 am- so I knew I wouldn't be staying long. Receptionist at the front desk was nice and efficient. When I arrived in my room I was pleasantly surprised. My room looked as if it had been recently updated-flat screen tv, refrigerator, microwave. I felt very safe leaving my car in the well-lit parking lot. I did not have time to use the pool, but it did not look very appealing. Had to leave early, before breakfast was served. Overall, a very nice place to get a night's sleep and a great value.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

quietness and easy to stay with high speed internet, they also provide the right to use gym in Gold's gym that is wonderful experience to have guests to practice working out and healthy body. The room is very quietness that will be the best or the top 2 that I have ever stayed, some of the local hotels you will hear the traffic sound in the night, especially when in a sleep, but La Quinta Inn won't have the bad situation, that they have a large space car park and big tall trees around them. That's the wonderful experience that I have stayed and the most importance their high speed internet is really improved already that I had a bad experience two years ago then won't stay again until this trip in June, 2014.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here only because we got caught in a thunderstorm and it was the closest hotel. It was very smelly and the carpet was old and dirty. The power went off and it came back on in an hour. Lucky for us the rain cooled down the city. Bed was comfortable but the smell had me coughing all night. It was not a good stay. They need to tear it down and build a new one.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The bed was clean but the room had an old smell to it and needed updating. The bathroom door was peeling badly. The carpet needed vacuuming in the room and outside the elevators. The entire hotel could use some remodeling.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple