“Full of southern charm”
Review of Jordan Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jamestown
Jordan Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jamestown
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Lovely owners full of southern charm. The price was excellent, under $50.00 dollars. The wifi dropped in and out but was not a big issue as I went to McDonalds to check my email. The room was basic but clean. Location is close to walmart, fast food, shops etc

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was the only hotel available in the area. This is the only positive I can give- we had business in this location and needed a place to stay. The rooms looked nothing whatsoever like they show on their website. It also specifies wi-fi is available, and it is not.

The beds were extremely hard. Poor lighting- the family had to huddle on one end of the room together to see anything. The carpet was stained (as was most of the furniture) and there were places where the floor felt like it was falling in. The air conditioner barely worked. Most of the outlets did not work. Large picture above the table appeared to be screwed into the wall, but was falling off and almost hit a child in the head. The tv was tiny, which is okay, but it barely picked up a signal and half the screen was green. The walls also had stains all over them.

This is an old motel in need of updating. Old does not have to mean dingy, stained, and mildew-smelling. I would suggest staying elsewhere if you can find somewhere. I did not personally deal with the staff, but my husband said they were friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank windsicle
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We made reservations 3 months in advance, and then called the Monday before arriving on Thursday to make sure we had rooms. We were attending a family wedding and this was our only option in town. Upon arrival at 4:00 pm we were told our rooms were not ready and hadn't been cleaned and we were a day early. We explained that we had called and confirmed on Monday, the check in lady, the younger of the two was completely hateful and just kept telling us we were not suppose to be there until Friday. She told use it would be and hour and a half before our room was ready. We had our 80 year old father with us and he had to use the restroom and we were told they didn't have one for him to use. We had to ride around a town we did not know to find a restroom. There were alot of open motel doors with drinking men crowded in the evenings. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!! If it is something you have to do, it is clean, but if you have a choice don't go there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paige W
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Clean and well maintained. My room had a fairly strong smell of bleach and I had to air out the room. I prefer this to rooms that have been marinated in Lysol; a scent which, by comparison, is impossible to get rid of. The room was recently painted. Decent price. Amenities = outdoor pool; free wifi; complementary morning coffee available in the office; pet-friendly and non-smoking rooms. The motel is set back approximately fifty feet from the highway. Someone else mentioned road noise and yes, you can hear whatever traffic there may be from some of the front facing rooms as they have single-paned glass windows which I'm guessing are original. As was also mentioned, there are other rooms in quieter locations on the grounds. This motel looks as though it was built in the 60's and has been very well maintained throughout the decades with very few changes made. Conveniently close to downtown Jamestown which has a number of restaurants and all the standard shops. Also located within close range of the Big South Fork National River & Recreation area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I was in Jamestown on personal business for only one night and stayed at the Jordan Motel as it is the only option in Jamestown. This is mom and pop motel not a chain and the owner was very kind and helpful. Although on a busy road, the setting of the motel is lovely with lots of trees and yard around the property.

I was assigned a single room at the front, close to the office, but since it was an end room I could hear the road noise and asked if they had anything quieter. The room was NOT terrible noisy but I was having sleep issues at the time and needed VERY quiet or I could not sleep. The front, single room was clean and fine, but a little more old fashioned and what you would expect from a mom and pop motel. I was then given the option to look at a room in the back of the newer building. This room had 2 queen beds and was VERY large. It was comparable to any chain hotel room layout with even more floor space. It was super clean with refrigerator and microwave. The tv was old school but worked fine. The room was SUPER quiet and I could not have asked for more. The bed was fine and the shower had good hot water and pressure.

I did not see any breakfast included nor ask about it but the prices at the Jordan are very reasonable so no breakfast was expected by me. They had ice and a pop machine but I do not know if they had any other exercise rooms or ammenities. I would recommend this motel very much if you are in the Jamestown area.

Room Tip: New building in the rear has lovely, quiet rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank kcalmole
Reviewed 23 October 2010

This is not a luxury hotel so don't expect that level or service. There is no ice machine, no alarm clock in the room, no lotion or shampoo, the carpet is Indoor-outdoor and the bed is very, VERY HARD.

However, if you are looking for a low-cost motel in this area, this is the one!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank HighwayPreacher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Big South Fork Lodge & Horse Campground
#1 of 1 in Huntsville
Royal Inn Motel
Royal Inn Motel
#2 of 2 in Albany

Been to Jordan Motel? Share your experiences!