“Great visit”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jasper
Peru, Illinois
“Great visit”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place has been recently remodeled and is much improved from the past. Rates are ok, but the service is tops. The room lady, Charla, is always trying to please her visitors as do the front desk people. I overslept the 6 to 9 am breakfast and when I came in to see if any coffee was left, she said sure and if it is not enough, she'll make more. Then she asked what I would like that I missed and promptly gave me a couple of hard oiled eggs and two muffins. This all took place two hours after the normal serving time ended. The breakfast is pretty good and the rooms are clean and modern. There is internet, AC, frig,microwave, iron w board, coffee maker, and I will surely be back. My stay was four nights and having such a nice place for a base was ideal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Samson, Alabama
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Before booking this hotel for six nights, I called the hotel to ask a few questions. The lady that answered the phone kindly answered all the questions I had. She also informed me that the hotel was in a renovation process. Hearing the word renovation is always a positive to me because you know that most everything will be brand new. She wanted me to know that the front and parking lot was not completed, but that did not bother me because I was not planning on sleeping in the parking lot.

I booked this hotel because I was planning to attend Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN. I refused to pay a high dollar amount ($200-300) in Manchester or surrounding cities when I can drive forty minutes (both ways) and pay much less; plus, I am not one to camp. Yes, it seems like a lot of effort, but I never filled my tank up until I started home.

When I drove up to the hotel the unfinished parking did not scare me away because progress is a good thing. I checked in with ease and proceeded to room. I opened the door and I was floored on how super nice everything was. It smelled like an apple orchard, the bathroom was crystal white, and the modern twist was a great surprise. The room was extra roomy because there was no bulky dresser or desk. The desk is attached to the wall along with the TV shelf. The carpet is plush and adds so much detail to the room.

The staff was awesome. I try to extend a friendly hello to housekeeping when I meet them and I was blown away be the kindness shown. The front desk staff were very helpful as well.

There are a few dining establishments nearby, but it is a short drive to Downtown Jasper or Kimbell where you will find dining and shopping.

It was so nice to come back after each night/day at Bonnaroo and take a shower/bath in a very clean and large/long tub. I am nearly 5'11" and I sat down comfortably to take a soothing bubble bath. You know it is a clean bathroom when you can feel perfectly ok to take a bath and not just a shower. The water pressure is just right as well.

The hotel hopes to get the parking lot and pool done soon, but please do not let that discourage you from staying at this hotel. As an avid traveler and somewhat of a hotel snob, I was thoroughly impressed by every aspect this hotel has to offer their guests. I will return to this hotel when I plan my next venture in that direction.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time and check out the locally owned businesses.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank EmileeG
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We came back to Jasper for a family funeral. We meet family there also . was a wonderful and great hotel. Very understanding of our needs. GREAT manager and wonderful employee. A big smile and thank your for this that took great care of us.. We will be Back!!!!!

Room Tip: parking lot under constriction . just to let you know. Very easy to assess to 24 and 28 and Awesome...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very, very disappointed with total experience. Overcharged by desk clerk and after attempts to receive some satisfaction by emails to both General Manager and Corporate was sent a short terse email saying nothing and offering me 20% on my next stay there (AS IF). Air conditioning would not cool room, made for a miserable night's sleep. Remodeling is a joke. We were the ONLY overnight guests (they had 19 long term construction workers), yet were charged $20 over the advertised rate. Just go on up the road you will have many better opportunities to stay. Leave this one alone!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nuderuby
Springfield, IL
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Even allowing for this old exterior room motel to be under a remodeling effort, it is only OK for a night's stay. Our room was quiet and had a great new shower. But the remodeling needs remodeling. Door frame showed about 1/4" light all around, no door stop created dents in wall, shade had hole, some of the furniture was broken and should be set on fire, breakfast area not adequate with food, tables and chairs. We were disappointed after staying at other Quality Inn & Suites.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlanandHarriet
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed here on our way to Florida. Renovation work had things looking a bit different, but we were pleasantly surprised how nice everything was. We had quite a load of stuff to bring in to the room, so I was thrilled to find that we were on the ground floor where I could back the car almost right up to our door.

The rooms were very clean and newly renovated, breakfast was pretty decent and the location is great - easy on and off the Interstate with a Hardees right across the parking lot.

Definitely would stay again if we're back that way in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was our first time in a Quality Inn and we stumbled upon it driving north from Florida after Spring Break. We were unable to find a room on the main interstate and this hotel was 3 or so miles off the beaten path. We called the Choice Hotels number and they led us to this location. I am glad that they did. The beds and linens were quite comfortable. The room size was adequate for 3-4 people. Showers were good and vanity area size was large. They provided ample towels and wash clothes. We did not have an iron and ironing board in our room. Small frig and micro. The rooms had new carpet, paint, fixtures, etc. Everything looked renovated in our room. Therefore it seemed clean. The outside looked a little rough but you can tell they are still working on it, but the outside lighting was very good. Call Choice Hotels number as we were to told we received a little better rate than through the hotel itself.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Hampton Inn Kimball
Best Western Kimball Inn
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!