“Verry Happy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Burns, Tennessee
“Verry Happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were there in July 2013 and was very pleased with the place, clean, accommodating, pleasant. I did have an non-smoking room, but you could do the whole building non-smoking, as smokers would gather just outside the doors and smoke, then climb into the elevator and the smell would lingerie. That was paying guest not the employees. Other than that we will return again July 2014.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and that is nicer than the ground. Noise level was down.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Nancy R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

My stay here has been really good. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The room meets all of our needs and the hotel is very close to work. I always recommend to people to come and stay. Weekly rates and no lease is a great thing when you are only in a area for a short while. They need to put up more around the country!

Room Tip: All rooms are good choice
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HMSVP1, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Johnson City, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
KATHERINE!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about Value Place Johnson City! We are so happy that you had a pleasant experience there. The Value Place value proposition is great for traveling workers, which it sounds like you are! Hope your job is going great and know that you are always welcomed with open arms at the Value Place Johnson City!

David
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Clean and very friendly. Great staff and great neighbors. Would tell anyone to stay there. Absolutely loved it. Great location and great parking. Everybody was always friendly and I was treated like I was at home.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HMSVP, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Johnson City, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Emily, thanks so much for your review. We were delighted to serve you and are glad you had a pleasant stay! Please come and see us again next time you are in Johnson City :)
Tucson
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Price seemed good, I read the reviews, but did it anyway. Room is nice, quite fresh, very basic. Price for a week is extremely good. What's the issue. 1st floor room and I can get a night's sleep. Second night into my week's stay, and yes the person/people above are active again until 3:00am. I sleep with ear plugs in, but it's still loud. At check in we are given a brochure listing the after hours number to call. Room phone won't dial through, so I get up, go to the lobby and dial both listed numbers. No response from mgmt, so I head up the stairs. I meet a young lady coming down and ask if that's her room. "Yes" she responds. I let her know that it's extremely late and I want to get to sleep. She lets me know that she's got insomnia, trying to lose weight, so she's exercising in her room. I let her know that there's a place called "outside" and it's free to use for exercise each day. I came here to hike the Appalachian Trail. For god's sake it's just down the road. Hopeless. Constructed pretty poorly here I'd say. Don't let the term Value sway your decision. Not worth putting up with the noise.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OnTheRoadAgnn
HMSVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Johnson City, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Hi Tim,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to put up with the noise during your stay with us. That is definitely a unique situation. Next time, don't hesitate to request another room on the other side of the large building. Depending on availability, you should be able to transfer to a room surrounded by quiet, sleeping guests.

-VP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

My husband and I just moved to the area and needed a place to stay while we looked for a home nearby. We had a hard time finding any kind of extended stay without having to commit to something long term. We had never heard of Value Place before but after seeing the sign decided to check it out. I'm glad we did. Not only was this place kept really clean but it was very safe and definitely affordable.

The staff made the environment feel like home right from the start. The young lady at the front desk was very sweet and spoke with us on a daily basis and the housekeepers knew us by name. It was such a friendly atmosphere and we would definitely stay there again. We plan on taking a vacation in the near future and we will definitely be booking another stay at Value Place.

Another review explained how Value Place makes you pay for extra amenities and only supplies you with one roll of toilet paper. The thing that you need to know from the start is that this is not a full service hotel. They do not make you pay for things you don't use and that is what keeps the costs as low as they do. Most nightly stay hotels charge you for the pool continental breakfasts and gym even if you don't use it. Value Place doesn't do that. Also there is staff there 24/7. The office closes at 6 on weekdays and 2 on Saturdays but there is a safety attendant after hours. There is ALWAYS someone there despite what another reviewer described.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's a great place to stay and the staff is about as good as it gets. The rooms look like no one has ever stayed in them before and the security is very comforting.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank starlight0387
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

What a great place to stay! Close to Cracker Barrel, convenient to all the area has to offer. Fantastic staff! Spotlessly clean! I would stay here again and reccomend to anyone!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Morristown, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Nice, clean efficiency style rooms for extended stay. I stayed here while I looked for an apartment to rent after taking a job in the area. Only complaint might be that I could hear the people above me walking around pretty badly. Nice area just north of town with several restaurants , grocery stores and even a couple bars close by. No funny smells in the room and everything was spotless. Not a great place for concierge service or other foo foo stuff but the price reflects the lack of frills. I hate the anxiety of making a reservation and wondering what kind of mess you may be walking into! Great experience here!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business