“Horribly Place to stay. No value here”

WoodSpring Suites Johnson City
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Barrie, Canada
“Horribly Place to stay. No value here”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I'm not one to post bad reviews or reviews for that matter at all, but I was treated so poorly by the Value Place in Johnson City, Tennessee, that I will never recommend this place to anyone.

Not only was my reservation lost, causing me to spend a night in my truck because no other hotel was available. When I returned the next day my room was still not ready @ 2pm.

That should have been a hint at what was to come. I had the worst night sleep on a bed that was harder that the floor. While the build is kept very clean, the rooms lacks a closet or even enough drawers for 2 people to store their clothes. The full fridge and range are a nice feature, but an oven would have been easier to cook with.

When I tried to get internet access, I was told there was no wireless internet access, only wired and that was an extra $10 (no value there). When I stated I could only use wireless internet, I was told by the front desk to steal it from the hotel next store . Not something you hear everyday.

My biggest problem with the place was that I was evicted on my second day, for having a dog. This was why I choose Value Place in the first place. When I called and made my reservation, I asked if dogs were accepted at the hotel. I was told yes. I made mention of the dog again, when I checking in to the hotel.

On day 2 of my stay I was spotted with my dog entering the hotel, and told to leave. When I asked for my money back I was told that was not the policy.

Personally I didn't mind leaving the hotel, as it was not a comfortable stay at all, but I didn't think it was fair to kick me out and not refund my money. I would have gladly paid for the night I stayed, however I have now paid for many days that someone else will be staying there.

I cannot vouch for other locations, but this one was litter with problems. What I find funny is all the people that were outside drinking and doing drugs in the parking lot did not get evicted. Where is the justice in that?

If you feel like living in a college dorm for a week or two, Johnson City Value Place will be right up your alley. But better leave the pets at home.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SVSComputers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Johnson City, TN
Reviewed 19 December 2008

I've been staying at Value Place since they opened march 2008. The staff is very nice; they keep the place nice and clean and very safe! Having the kitchens in the rooms rock! I got a full size refrigerator, microwave oven, cabinet space, and a stove top (an oven would be nice, but I understand). I'm glad they didn't kick me out for the Bristol Race like the other hotel did or else pay them 4x's the regular rate!!!!! I love my Value Place!!

• Liked — It's like my own studio apartment
  • Disliked — no oven!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)