“very nice night clerk!”

Sleep Inn & Suites - Johnson City
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I checked in at like 2:30 am ,with 3 kids in tow, the rate was great & the suite was nice & clean. very friendly night clerk & I really liked the little mini kitchen, over all I would stay again if I am down this way. headed to grandfathers mountain,NC its real close by.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I spent 6/17/12-6/19/12 at this Sleep Inn. I was on company business and a last minute trip. My company made reservations for a smoking room and I don't smoke. I called the front desk when I was enroute and tried to get a non-smoking room. Richard said they were sold out due to drag races and a big convention. So I asked him to turn the air conditioner on in the room. He said he would and would spray the room for me. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to my room how fresh it smelled, not a hint of smoke. Thanks Richard. I call that customer service. Also, Karen was delightful every morning in the breakfast area. She kept everything full and asked if you needed anything. Overall this place is great. Wireless internet was very good in room, the bed was comfortable and they also provide HD cable TV. I will be spending the next 13 days there starting tomorrow for more business. I am looking forward to staying at the Sleep Inn Johnson City.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Sleep Inn on 6/15 and was very pleasantly surprised at the amazing change from our previous stay at this property in 2011. It was the last room available in Johnson City when we made our reservation for that nite and my husband and I were not looking forward to the stay based on the previous stay last year. However, it has been renovated and it really shows in the cleanliness and updating of the rooms as well as a much more professional calibre of front desk personnel to check you in/out and any necessary help in between times. I felt like I was in a totally different hotel from before. I would like to recognize a staff member, Marti, who was especially helpful, friendly and professional in her job. She checked us in at 4 pm on Friday and was still there at 7 am to check us out and was still most pleasant to deal with after that long shift. The room we stayed in was totally immaculate. The only improvement I would suggest is a better quality of waffle mix as the waffle came out looking great but was too "rubbery" and lacking in flavor to be enjoyed. However, there are many other offerings at the continental breakfast to eat. The lady who takes care of the breakfast room is very pleasant as well. We will be traveling through there in July and will definitely stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was quiet, super clean and no smell of smoke anywhere near us.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2012

From reading other reviews they must have made some changes. The front desk staff was very friendly and attentive during check-in and check-out. Our room was clean and well maintained as was the rest of the property that we saw. Everyone we encountered was very pleasant. We had an excellent stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We went to the blue moon dinner theater for Valentine's weekend. We saw Kitchen Witches it was wonderfull. The food was excellent. We will come back to see another play. The hotel was clean and nice . We had a non smoking room and it was fine. They have remodelled the hotel.The breakfast was good . The breakfast bar had eggs,waffles, sausage and grits which every southern boy has to have to start his day. We will definately stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor . I believe all the rooms are non smoking on that floor. This is a big...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2011

First room had an overwhelming smell from room deodorizeer. Asked to be moved, second room was dirty, carpet badly stained and bugling,toilet bowl had a black ring around it and smelled of sewage. The air conditioning unit/heater was not controlled by a thermistat and was very loud. The complimentary breakfast was a sorry excuse for a breakfast. The night clerk barely looked or spoke to us upon arrival. After changing rooms, no one questioned us to see how that room was. We had travelled for 12 hours, were exhausted so stayed in the second room with questions about how clean the bed was we were sleeping in. We have nothing positive to stay about this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. We travel alot and have stayed in sleep inns before but this was a disgrace..

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2011

This place should close while remodeling the entire hotel at once. STINKS. New carpet and paint. Noise.Debris and crap all over the floors. Can't walk the hall. Constant banging by workers. Meanwhile, staff ignores the customers. Instead of taking care of guest needs, sits around on guest computer playing on Facebook. Concierge ignores guests to Twitter or text. Feet on desk. Dressed like slob. Nothing in breakfast area works. Watered down pancake batter. Juice machine broken for days. No gravy made. It's all got plastic hanging all over the place. Couldn't get the tv to work downstairs. It's horrible. Mostly it's the STENCH. Paint AND carpet. My pregnant companion is in hell.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business