I would not recommend this hotel. The hotel experienced a hot water issue and did not resolve it for over two days. The hotel was sold out when I checked in at 1:30 am. I was forced to switch room types after an employee (who had been drinking at the on-site bar) was sent to check what was supposedly a dirty room. He never came back so I accepted a different room type. I didn't find out until the next morning that the desk staff knew the water went out at 11:30 the night before. This leads anyone with common sense to see that they lied to me at check in to give me an exterior room so that they could put a person with a higher rate in the room I booked, instead of them not having hot water. The girl at the desk confirmed in the morning, after I let the water run, that the hot water was out. She informed me that it went out at 11:30 the night before and a plumber was on his way to fix it. She said she didn't have any rooms ready yet but that I could move rooms later. She also suggested I could take a shower in dirty room if I wanted too... Yuck! She did sya though that I would receive a discount for the problem. I left for the day smelling of the 4 hour drive from the previous day. Upon returning to the hotel at 9 PM that night I checked the hot water and surprise! No hot water still. I accepted it as my fate and decided it was too much work to move all of my stuff to another room at 9 PM just to lug it all back to the car the next day upon check-out. The next morning I went to the desk and checked out. I was informed that my rate was too low for a discount... What? Seriously!.... I had no hot water... I don't care what rate I booked at, I should still have hot water. The clerks at the hotel obviously went out of their way to lie to multiple guests. This hotel is a defining reason why brand loyalty is absent with Best Western. From one property to the next your never guaranteed the same quality of stay. It's a crap shoot and I know of many other brands where it is not a crap shoot at getting what you what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center offers a host of amenities and is conveniently located near the Bristol Motor Speedway, Eastern Tennessee State University and the Freedom Hall Civic Center. Hotel guests will be close to a variety of activities including hiking, sailing, rafting and golf. The hotel offers Junior suites, Whirlpool suites and Business King suites and all well-appointed guest rooms feature wireless high-speed Internet access, microwaves and refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Johnson City
- Johnson City Best Western