“Nice Room”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
King
“Nice Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night because of a funeral we were attending. They give a small discount for funerals. The hotel has been remodeled and is very nice. Just a basic small hotel with nice staff. The room itself was comfortable and I asked for a quiet room & thats what I got. Breakfast is typical of a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank samelimama
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for commenting about our hotel. I'm sorry you were here for a funeral but hope we made you as comfortable as possible. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I cannot say enough great things about the staff at this Hampton! We were there for a week for softball Nationals with my younger daughter and during our stay my older daughter became ill at home and needed emergency medical forms done etc. The staff bent over backwards to fax documents for me to get them there quickly and not only that, the 2 ladies at the front desk that I had dealt with asked us every day going forward how my daughter was and if she was feeling better. I wish I could remember their names (I believe I wrote to Hilton management about them though to make sure they were recognized!)
The property was very clean, breakfast staff was wonderful and talked to the girls (several teams there) every day taking an interest in how the tournament was going) and she made sure every need they could possibly have was met. It is an older property and could use some updating but I would stay there again without question. To me old is fine, its the cleanliness that matters!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank my2girlz2331
Thank you for commenting about your stay. I hope all is well with you and your family. We hope you will stay with us if you travel to this area in the future. We recently remodeled the hotel and would love for you to see our new look.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Spent a week at the hotel to visit family. The Front Desk was very helpful any time I needed anything. The housekeeping staff greeted me in the hallways whenever I saw them. The breakfast was the generic Hampton standard stuff. I wish they would change the menu options on a corporate level. But that's got nothing to do with this property in particular. The room was very clean and the hotel was conveniently located to the Johnson City area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

With a graduation comes a 6 hour drive and an overnight stay. Rather than staying in a rental condo with several family and non-family members we opted for a good nights sleep in a recommended hotel. So glad we stayed here. Close proximity to restaurants and Krispy Kreme. Could not ask for a better front desk clerk. We booked our hotel room 2 weeks prior to arriving not knowing we would have an extra passenger and the need for an additional room. An lo and behold they were able to accommodate with a room right next door. Very acceptable accommodations, room were spacious, bed was comfortable,(not your typical hotel room bed) and the shower, well water pressure was fantastic. If ever the need to make another trip up to Johnson City, this is our hotel of choice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Stayed there for a wedding. We had the best time. Staff was great and made us feel at home. They made us cookies just because we ask. We will stay there each time we are back in town just because they were so nice to us, and made us feel like family.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Warren Center, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

On a recent trip south, we strugged on which routes to take and then where to stay ~~ so glad we found this Hampton in JC, TN. Wow, nice hotel, nice rooms, good breakfast. The one aspect which stood out the most was the Front Desk clerks who helped us on the phone before we got there, and also checked us in and gave us restaurant recommendations. Very helpful and pleasant! If you are crunched for time, try the Pizza Inn just around the corner from the hotel (or walk there through the back sides of the adjoining lots). I typically am not a lover of pizza, but this was some of the best pizza I've ever had.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I travel to the Tri-Cities area of Tennessee about four to five times a year for work, and usually stay at the Doubletree Inn in Johnson City. Over the last year or two I’ve experienced a few service issues at the Doubletree, so on my most recent visit, I switched back to the Hampton Inn on State of Franklin Road where I’ve stayed occasionally in the past. I prefer the Doubletree due to its location near the mall and local restaurants and businesses, but the Hampton Inn is newer and cleaner and more consistent in terms of service. You’ll need to get in your car a drive a little distance to get to a full service restaurant, as the only restaurants within walking distance are Waffle House, Taco Bell, and Crystal. It can be difficult pulling out of the Hampton Inn’s park lot and making a left to get down to Market St. (US 11E), which is one of the main roads in this area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business