“Nice Place, Not Nice Area”

Hampton Inn Johnson City
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Conway, South Carolina
“Nice Place, Not Nice Area”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was nice, clean and comfortable, and the service was very good. Unfortunately, the location of this hotel leaves a bit to be desired. On one side is a greasy spoon eatery, and on the other side is a burger joint even the staff couldn't recommend. Overall, the area did not look like one I would want to go for a walk in at night. Johnson City has quite a few nice places to eat and shop at, but you'll have to drive to get to them. All of that being said, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room away from entrances, refreshment machines and the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gabednar
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for commenting about your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed the accommodations and service. The area around us has seen a few changes in the past year with the addition of the Fresh Market, Yogurt shop and a few other restaurants. We are very close to East Tennessee State University and the Medical Center which are in the process of expanding. The city will have a beautiful park completed late September and is within walking distance from the hotel. It's great to hear you will stay with us again. We truly appreciate your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I'm a Diamond Hilton member and stay at HH properties dozens of times a year. This Hampton is one of the better ones that I've stayed at. I imagine this is due to the GM, Trina who checked us in upon our arrival. You can tell that she takes pride in her property, when I was leaving for dinner to an Italian spot she recommended, she was busy setting out the food for an evening managers reception.
Very well done!

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to comment about your experience. We truly appreciate you staying with us and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
United States
Reviewed 7 April 2013

As a former airline pilot, I have stayed in MANY hotels. This one was great. The staff were very friendly/helpful, the room clean and the breakfast was very nice. I will certainly stay here again when in J.C.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Roger K
Brandy_Crawford, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 7 January 2016
Thank you for commenting about our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with our staff and the quality and comfort of your room.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance during your next visit. I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and hope you come back soon!

Brandy Crawford
Tennessee
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was traveling to visit a sick friend in town. Arrived early, but checked in immediately. Room was above my expectations. Clean, comfy size and loved the micro/fridge combo (not in the room description online, so this was a great surprise)! The young lady at the front desk was so friendly, I will probably be visiting several times in the next few months, and this will be my first choice for lodging. Most of all, I am so grateful that they have accommodations for smoker's. It's getting harder and harder to find a nice hotel that accommodates us, and this was wonderful and as a single traveler, I felt secure and safe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for commenting about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us and we are happy that we could accommodate you in a smoking room. We are glad you enjoyed the accommodations and look forward to serving you in the future. We appreciate your business!
Waldorf
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Hotel was very clean and staff was super nice had a great stay We came down for the Nascar race was our first time in Bristol hotel was just far enough away that it wasn't over crowded but easy to get to the track would definetly stay here again

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony B
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for writing a review of the Hampton Inn Johnson City, TN. We apprecite you staying with us and hope you enjoyed the NASCAR Race. The Bristol Race is a must see for any race fan due to having a great view of all areas of the track. We are glad you enjoyed staying with us and hope you will return soon.
Plano, TX
Reviewed 18 March 2013

First time in Johson City, TN and didn't know what to expect from such a small town. I chose the Hampton Inn mainly for their Breakfast on the go, but their B'fast spread was great. Great overall service.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank kd6sxi
Thank you for commenting about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and are pleased you enjoyed the breakfast. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Rumney, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Johnson City off and on for over two months when my mother was hospitalized at the near by Johnson City Medical Center. The first day we arrived we must have looked completely shell shocked because they ushered us in and got us up to our room in record time. The rooms were clean, well stocked, and comforting. Even when we came down to the lobby after breakfast time the attendant would produce a box of cereal for my daughter. We would not have been able to endure the stress of my mother's hospitalization without the kindness of the folks at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
We truly appreciate you taking time to write about your experience at our hotel. I understand how difficult it can be to have a loved one in the hospital. It was our pleasure to make you feel comfortable during this stressful time for you. We hope all is well now and you will come back to stay with us under better circumstances.