“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Jacksonville, United States
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I traveled many years and this hotel is #1 in my book. The management, staff, and location can not be beat. I have stayed at this location for many years and have always been treated as a special guest. At this location you are near the V.A., Medical Center, ETSU University, Jonesborough ( the oldest town in Tn. ), Mall, Downtown, etc. If I graded on a scale of 1-10, I would give a 10+ and this is the only hotel I stay at when I am in Tn.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to offer your comments about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and like our hotel and staff. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I am in the area of Johnson City once or twice a year on business. I always choos to stay at this Hampton Inn. The staff if helpful and friendly and I have never had a concern while staying here. My suggestion to guest is to book in advance as this is a popular hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and glad you enjoyed your stay.
Hermitage, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I've stayed here before and always come back. The hotel is conveniently located. The staff is very nice. it just had a very nice/needed renovation that included the addition of a fitness center. The lobby is modern and technology friendly. They also have added the manager's social which includes drinks and food from 5:00-7:00PM which wasn't available before.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank William L
Thank you for staying with us and noticing our renovations. We are also glad you enjoyed the Manager's Reception. We hope you will continue to stay with us and please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
Xenia, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed at this Hampton due to its proximity to Johnson City Med Center. It's about a one minute drive. The hotel itself was excellent, very clean, and well managed. Friendly staff. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We are pleased you had a good stay with us. We hope you will continue to allow us to serve you in the future.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We selected this HI because of its top rating and would have given it an 'Excellent' except for one very important oversight in room security. More about that later.

The front desk clerk/mgr., Sean, was one of the most pleasant and helpful individuals we've encountered. His pleasant demeanor made us immediately feel at home. He thoroughly explained all the hotel's services and ammenities as well as offered up detailed and very helpful instructions on where we could get something to eat. This hotel could not ask for anyone better to represent them at the front desk.

Our room was HI typical, clean, compliant with my room preference and nicely located with a pleasant view of the mountains. It did not have a refrigerator but the most troubling issue was the standard door latch or retainer was missing !!!! This is that metal contraption that helps prevents someone from accessing your room while occupied. Door latches are especially important in preventing HOTEL EMPLOYEES with master key cards from unauthorized access to occupied guest rooms. I never stayed in a Hilton property where such a critical part of room security was missing. I'm certain this was an oversight but nevertheless it still is an extremely serious deficiency. In the event something would happen to a guest with a door latch missing, the hotel would not stand a chance in court. To make sure this gets fixed immediately, the room was 325.

The breakfast was fine and I certainly would recommend this hotel to anyone. For travelers at any hotel, make sure your room security is never compromised.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TFopinion
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. I will pass your comments on to Sean and I'm glad he was helpful during your stay. I completely agree with your assessment of the latch and it has been fixed. We replaced all old door latches with a new type and the room should not have been rented until the new one was installed. Again, thank you for your comments and I assure you we are committed to guest safety and I will address this with our staff.
Water Valley, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed at the Johnson City Hampton Inn after a bad experience at the motel we had booked in advance. There was a girl's softball tournament in town and rooms were scarce but the Hampton Inn accommodated us. We paid more than we normally would have paid but it was worth it! The staff, the room (especially the bed), the fitness room, the pool, and the breakfast were all top-notch! My wife and I had a good night's sleep and a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank David F
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and glad you had a better experience at our property. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Chesnee
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The hotel’s location is great, along with its clean exterior and interior. The helpfulness of the front desk team members was awesome. On more than one occasion I wasn’t sure about directions; each time they provided me with printed directions from map quest.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad we were able to provide you with directions throughout your stay. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.