“good hotel”

Hampton Inn Johnson City
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 29 May 2014

this is a good, quiet, decent hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was good also. I did not have any problems at all. I would stay here again no doubt. My only complaint is that every room did not have fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. I apologize we didn't have a refrigerator in all the rooms. Please let me know the next time you stay with us and I'll make sure you have a refrigerator in your room. We plan on adding them to all rooms in the future. We hope you stay with us soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Johnson City

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I wish I could rave about this place but it was very unmemorable! We had 2 rooms and none of us were impressed with anything. Rather boring! Good location however. Its right in the center of an intersection with drug stores, banks and restaurants. Wouldn't stay here again. Like to feel very comfortable when I am away from home and this place did not do that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for commenting about your stay with us in Johnson City. I apologize we did not make your stay exceptional. It's our goal to make our guests feel comfortable and go above and beyond for them. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and your travel companions. Please contact me if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a large family gathering there and the staff was awesome. We appreciate their willingness to make a fresh pots of coffee at 10pm while we were all up talking. The hotel was super clean and the breakfast was hot. Can't ask for more than that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you very much for posting your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was helpful. It's always nice to have family gatherings and I'm sure the fresh coffee helped everyone stay awake and enjoy talking. We are also glad you liked the hot breakfast. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The staff (including the cleaning staff) was friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean, and breakfast was very good. However, the room was VERY SMALL (the smallest I've "ever" stayed in at a Hilton property)! Also, there is no TV guide on screen to tell a guest what is actually on TV...Only the channels are listed. I've found this to be pretty common across the Hilton chain, and it needs to be fixed. Hilton should have enough buying power to get a decent cable provider.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for commenting about our hotel. We truly appreciate you choosing us during your visit to Johnson City, TN. I apologize our rooms are not as large as some other properties. However, we do offer some room types that are larger such as our Business Suite and Jacuzzi Suite. We do offer 50+ channels with our current cable provider and the channel guide is located on the lap desk in the room. You will be pleased to know we will be changing providers in the near future and offer the guide on the TV as well. I completely understand that having the guide on the television is much more convenient and I'm glad we will offer it shortly. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance and we hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The rooms needs to be updated. The furniture is out dated and the carpet looked old. The bed, however, was extremely comfortable, so overall it was just OK. Nothing really special about the rooms compared to other hotels in the same vicinity. The location is what sold me on the hotel. I was minutes away from shopping, and restaurants. They also had nice HOT breakfast but the room itself was kind of a let down. I had to request a microwave and fridge for my room because the rooms do not automatically have them. I have stayed at several Hampton Inn hotels and this one is my least favorite. I dont think, I will stay at this particular hotel again if and when I travel to Johnson City.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear April G. Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your stay. I am pleased to let you know that we have plans to change our furniture this year and the artwork in our guestrooms. This past year we did extensive work to our hotel, creating a brand new lobby area, corridors, guestroom locks, doors, corridor carpet and lighting, tile work and added a fitness room and digital thermostats to our property. We made additional changes to breakfast and we are glad you enjoyed it. I am pleased you slept well in our comfortable beds too. We hope you will allow us to serve you in the future as we have plans to update the furniture and I'm sure you will be pleased with the new look. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hamptons are usually well kept and reliable but I would rate this in the upper tier of Hamptons. Very clean, good rooms, comfortable beds, etc. Staff was very friendly and facilities were in good shape. In a central part of Johnson City also with restaurants very close in both directions. Would recommend this to anyone staying in Johnson City.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul K
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for commenting about your stay and our staff. We are pleased your enjoyed your stay and I will pass your positive comments on to our staff. We hope you will continue to allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Staff was excellent. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with a very good selection. This hotel is in minutes of shopping and restaurants in the Johnson City area. Recommend this hotel highly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed the selection and quality of our breakfast as well as the service our staff provided. It's nice you got to enjoy some of the shopping while in Johnson City and we hope you will stay with us again soon. We appreciate you sharing your review of our hotel. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.