“Good service”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
West Chester, United States
“Good service”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was treated very well from the start. In the morning, I hacd a problem with the key, and my name did not show on the register. Staff got me back in the room in minutes and cleared up the registration problem immediately.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for commenting about the good service you received while staying at our hotel. I apologize there was a problem with the registration but glad they helped in a timely manner. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

A mechanical issue required a sudden overnight stay in Johnson City. After reading the reviews on here, it was easy to choose. At the front desk, Ariel made check-in both efficient and pleasant. She also took great care to be sure that I had the needed essentials since this stopover was unexpected. The room was clean and crisp. The bed was wonderful. Breakfast was freshly prepared and nicely presented. The food and dining areas were kept clean and neat. At 7:30am all the options looked fresh and the ones I chose were tasty. A great place to stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Even though your stay was unexpected we are glad you stayed with us while the mechanical issues were resolved. I'm glad Ariel was able to help with the items you needed. We hope you will stay with us in the future. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

In many ways this is an ordinary Hampton, which in itself is a compliment. Although it's been around for several years it has recently been renovated to be clean and attractive. We had a queen beds room which was, well, cozy: no sitting chair, no fridge, tight squeezes everywhere, even the coffee machine took a while to find!

The redeeming feature, for us, was the cheerful disposition of everyone, I mean everyone, on the staff. We had to make a couple of calls to the front desk to correct minor problems and the response was immediate and problems solved. When we went to breakfast a high school baseball team was just leaving, and two people were quickly replenishing the counters and cleaning up the tables! Excellent attention to the rest of their guests.

It's also convenient to ETSU and the large Johnson City medical center, and, if you're REALLY hungry there's a Waffle House on one side and a Krystal on the other!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GypsyBob
Thank you for commenting about your stay. We appreciate your kind words about our staff. I noticed your comments about the room not having an extra chair or refrigerator. We have discussed adding additional seating and refrigerators in our guest rooms with two beds. I will pass your comments on to our management company. We hope you will continue to stay with us when you travel to Johnson City. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I highly recommend this Hampton Inn when in Johnson City, Tn. This Inn is newly remodeled inside with a great staff and the new beds are the most comfortable I have slept on. The location is great also, just a few miles from everything. I am from JC and have stayed here many times when i am visiting family and the VA center.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at our hotel while you visit family members and the VA Medical Center. We hope you are doing well and look forward to you staying with us in the future. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
Chesapeake CIty MD
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights a couple of weeks ago. The place was clean, quiet, and the staff very pleasant. Breakfast food was great and available early morning thanks to a great night manager. This was strictly a leisure trip, no rush. Have no complaints and would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone else. The only downside (and it was small) was that the entrance is located on a busy street and depending on time and traffic it can be hard to get in and out of. We did not experience that issue because of our plans. Front desk clerk was kind enough to provide a list of local restaurants and pointed out our favorites. Thanks to all for a great stay.

Room Tip: Check trip advisor and read all the reviews. They are rarely wrong,.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
We appreciate you choosing our hotel during your visit to Johnson City. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will allow us to serve you in the future. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
Mckenzie, Tn
Reviewed 29 May 2014

this is a good, quiet, decent hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was good also. I did not have any problems at all. I would stay here again no doubt. My only complaint is that every room did not have fridge and microwave.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. I apologize we didn't have a refrigerator in all the rooms. Please let me know the next time you stay with us and I'll make sure you have a refrigerator in your room. We plan on adding them to all rooms in the future. We hope you stay with us soon!
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I wish I could rave about this place but it was very unmemorable! We had 2 rooms and none of us were impressed with anything. Rather boring! Good location however. Its right in the center of an intersection with drug stores, banks and restaurants. Wouldn't stay here again. Like to feel very comfortable when I am away from home and this place did not do that.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Trina D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for commenting about your stay with us in Johnson City. I apologize we did not make your stay exceptional. It's our goal to make our guests feel comfortable and go above and beyond for them. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and your travel companions. Please contact me if I can ever be of assistance.