“Okay for a night on the road, I guess”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The room was dated, though seemed to be clean. The bathroom was dark, there was only one light bulb in the fixture. The shower curtain rod was bent down in the middle so the shower curtain constantly slid to the center, yes the floor got flooded. The windows were so dirty on the outside you literally couldn't see out of them. The mattress needed to either be replaced or turned. Not the worst place I have ever stayed, but most definitely not the best. Don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrngmdo
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry we did not meet you expectations. I will address your concerns and remedy them. Please don't shy away for your future travels.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our stay was very nice at this comfort suites. The place was clean, the staff extremely friendly, and the location was convenient. The reason for four stars is a few little things that make a place special. First, it is older, and a few things could be updated. (like carpet and sinks in the rooms). Second, the breakfast was okay, but could use some meat. Lastly, each night (around 8 PM) we would return to the hotel and the popcorn and cookies in the lobby were gone. Again, our stay was fine, but these "smaller" things would have made it that much nicer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rblethun
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thanks so much for choosing us! I will see what we can do to make things last a little longer in the evening.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very nice rooms and accommodations! Staff could have been a little nicer, but I try to think they may have had a bad day or ready to get off work!! The breakfast was just what we needed and appreciated the lady that helped me with my children :-) We will return when visiting our family again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thanks so much and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Of course I do not accept any of my staff being anything less than accommodating and friendly as our motto is your home away from home! I will address this matter and ensure that is done not happen again.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have stayed at this Comfort Suites ever since it opened many years ago, and we have had a pleasant stay every time. There is a lot more room than you find in newer Comfort Suites, and every thing works! The place is nice and clean, the staff helpful, and a good breakfast to boot.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W P
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thanks so much for being loyal we appreciate you!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Nice clean large rooms. They are true suites. Business and family travel friendly. Close to the interstate and most shopping and restaurants.
The rooms have a feel of a small apartment. You have anything you need in the room and the staff will get you anything else. Plenty of towels and blankets in the room.
I've paid more money at other hotels and the rooms weren't as big or as nice as the rooms here.

• Stayed: August 2013
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words. We aim to please our guests as this is your home away from home! See you next time!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was a last minute reservation as we decided to start our trip a day early. I picked this hotel because I've traveled on business in this area and it's in a familiar place. Not many can accommodate a family of five at the last minute. I LOVE the size of the room.. We weren't all on top of each other. I think this is the biggest room of this type I've had other than an Embassy or Homewood. Great staff and clean hotel... A little dated but again very clean. My only complaint is one I'm sure they know about...my bathtub had a fast running leak that wouldn't turn off. Overall it fits in with most places I stay and is a great choice for an overnight or a few days while passing through. Convenient to everything and not overly priced...yes, I'd stay again!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank thenry67
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words, we appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you and look forward to having you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was a very nice Comfort Suites. In fact we stayed there coming and going to Va. They had a very pretty breakfast area, with a fire place. They had the tipical breakfast. The motel was clean and the employees were friendly. The first night to stayed (on our way to Va.) we ate at Logans which was behind the motel and in walking distance. Coming back we ate at Out Back which wasn't very far.Very good place to stay...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Grandma1913
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

We are very glad you enjoyed your visit and glad we were able to accommodate your needs! Happy traveling!