“A good night's sleep but below average breakfast”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here after Christmas on the way to visit relatives. Check in was smooth, the price was good, and the queen beds were comfortable. Bedding for the fold out bed was waiting for us in the room. Some rearranging was necessary to accommodate my floor sleeper because the room was a little smaller than at most Comfort Suites. I found it interesting that there was a small exercise room on each floor, but we did not use that. It was nice to know there was an extra bathroom by the elevator on each level.

In the morning when I went downstairs and was reading on the comfy sofa, I overheard the staff talking about how lousy the coffee was and how dry the eggs were before any other guests had even arrived to eat. When I checked out the breakfast, I confirmed that both the egg patties and hard boiled eggs weren't fit to eat, and the coffee was indeed lousy, with no flavored creamer or hot cocoa mix to improve on it. I settled on things that I could prepare myself or were prepackaged, like oatmeal and yogurt. My kids enjoyed the waffles, cereal, and muffins but were disappointed that there was no hot chocolate. I usually count on peanut butter as a protein source for my picky ones, but that was also absent.

Overall, our stay was ok. We slept fairly well but were disappointed with the breakfast options.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed your room and you and your family slept well. I apologize that the breakfast was not accommodating. I will address the issue as well as the issue with the staff and see if we can make some improvements for the future. Thank you so much for choosing us we appreciate it very much.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed at this location on 10/19,20. Michell Smith checked me in and noticed I was a platimum member. She offered me a free upgrade which was a wonderful room with a jucuzzi . The hotel was spotless and very well located in town. It was close to many eating places and Walmart across the street. Breakfast was nice and clean. Everyone was very helpful and nice to all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thanks so much for your response. I will ensure she receives proper recognition for her excellent work. Hope to accommodate you again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Recently stayed at the Comfort Suites during a college visit for my son. We had our small dog with us and small dogs can stay for $15/night. Clean room. Comfortable beds. Was not impressed with the breakfast but there are several restaurants near by and there is a super WalMart across the street which is very convenient. We are a tall family and I have 2 teenage boys so I look for suite rooms with queen beds AND a sofa sleeper as well as a micro fridge. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thanks for staying. I am glad we met your needs and expectations and could accommodate you and your family during your travels.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The room was dated, though seemed to be clean. The bathroom was dark, there was only one light bulb in the fixture. The shower curtain rod was bent down in the middle so the shower curtain constantly slid to the center, yes the floor got flooded. The windows were so dirty on the outside you literally couldn't see out of them. The mattress needed to either be replaced or turned. Not the worst place I have ever stayed, but most definitely not the best. Don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrngmdo

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry we did not meet you expectations. I will address your concerns and remedy them. Please don't shy away for your future travels.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our stay was very nice at this comfort suites. The place was clean, the staff extremely friendly, and the location was convenient. The reason for four stars is a few little things that make a place special. First, it is older, and a few things could be updated. (like carpet and sinks in the rooms). Second, the breakfast was okay, but could use some meat. Lastly, each night (around 8 PM) we would return to the hotel and the popcorn and cookies in the lobby were gone. Again, our stay was fine, but these "smaller" things would have made it that much nicer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rblethun
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thanks so much for choosing us! I will see what we can do to make things last a little longer in the evening.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very nice rooms and accommodations! Staff could have been a little nicer, but I try to think they may have had a bad day or ready to get off work!! The breakfast was just what we needed and appreciated the lady that helped me with my children :-) We will return when visiting our family again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thanks so much and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Of course I do not accept any of my staff being anything less than accommodating and friendly as our motto is your home away from home! I will address this matter and ensure that is done not happen again.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have stayed at this Comfort Suites ever since it opened many years ago, and we have had a pleasant stay every time. There is a lot more room than you find in newer Comfort Suites, and every thing works! The place is nice and clean, the staff helpful, and a good breakfast to boot.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W P
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thanks so much for being loyal we appreciate you!