“The only hotel in Johnson City, we could recommend.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Beaumont, Texas
“The only hotel in Johnson City, we could recommend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying this was our 3rd hotel, in 3 days, in this area. By far, this is the BEST pet friendly hotel we found. The price was the lowest, out of the 3. The rooms are somewhat dated, but who cares they are clean! We found our room to be spacious, with comfy beds. The pet friendly rooms are on the 1st floor, which makes it very easy to take our beagle out, during the night. We had all that we needed in our room for a comfortable stay. Breakfast was full of many choices. The staff is wonderful here. Everyone would speak and acknowledge you, even just when passing in the hall. They make you feel welcomed. This location is very convenient for all of your needs. They even have several menus in the room for local restaurants for takeout and delivery. They have ample amounts of bright lighting in the parking lot. So, we felt very comfortable coming and going, even when alone. It was very quite here. Our room was by the elevator and vending area, we were never even awaken once, during the nights. The only issue, was the pool had to be closed during our stay. But, it was of no fault of the staff. The staff was diligently trying to resolve the pool issue and kept us updated on the closure. Honestly, even our 11yr old son didn't find it really inconvenient, because we stayed busy exploring the area. We travel all over the country all year, due to my husbands' job and stay in all of the hotel chains. This has to be one of our best overall hotel experiences, to date.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank RCDial
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us, I am very glad we could accommodate you and your family. I will certainly pass your kind words along to my staff! Stay safe traveling and pass along pats on the head to your sweet little beagle for us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have a tendency to avoid the Choice line of hotels as they have definitely gone downhill over the past several years. However, I was looking for a hotel close to Bristol Motorspeedway and this was ranked pretty good on Trip Advisor so I thought I'd try it and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very quiet. I rarely even heard a door close. The beds are very very comfortable! The furniture was quite worn but the room was very clean. The breakfast was definately a step up from most Choice hotels. It is not up to a Hampton qualify but it runs a close second. The front desk staff was very nice and the price was very good! I would stay here again when in the area. And if you do, definately try Logan's Roadhouse next door. The food was out of this world good!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I am so glad that you gave us a try and we met / exceeded your expectations. We strive everyday to meet our guests needs in all areas and take pride in our hotel and work. We look forward to having you back in town and I will certainly pass your kind words onto the Logan's managers as well.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and attentive. Room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was good and fresh !!! Scrambled eggs and bacon and plenty of pastries and biscuits. Lots of juices to choose from. Great location Near Food And walmart

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M P
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! We value our guests and appreciate your loyalty!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We went to Johnson City for a belated valentine`s celebration and went to the Blue Moon Dinner Theater. We had a wonderful time ! I called the hotel for a local florists and they gave me the name of a outstanding florists, Posey`s . The hotel staff went out their way to help the cause of romance . We have stayed here three times and always had a great experience ! The rooms are always clean, with great beds, thick towels and a good breakfast . We experienced true southern hospitality !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
We are so happy you chose us to celebrate your special time and of course more than happy to help you find what you needed to plan it out. Glad it went well and you enjoyed your stay and time in town. Tammy Havens General Manager
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very much enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Suites. The room was very clean. The beds very comfortable with pillows that welcome a weary head. The surroundings were quiet and the staff friendly and helpful. Right next door is an excellent restaurant called Ryans Roadhouse. It is a chain that I was unfamiliar with and offered excellent fare.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay and the local amenities. Hope to see you again soon!
sunny south
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We just checked out of this hotel and were very pleased with our overall experience. The hotel appears to have been updated recently. The bedding was very comfortable and the lobby had fresh cookies, popcorn and a nice fireplace in the dining room. The staff was especially helpful as we needed a late checkout because of a flat tire. We had a nice chat with Michelle and she offered to make some fresh popcorn to snack on as we got re-packed to hit the road. We feel that this was a great value for an updated roomy suite and extra friendly and accommodating staff. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank tchnathome4
GeneralManagerTN264, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
We try our very best to always go above and beyond. I will certainly extend your kind words to Michelle for the excellent job she did making you all comfortable and accommodating you while you were trying to get your unfortunate situation resolved. Thanks so much and we hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here after Christmas on the way to visit relatives. Check in was smooth, the price was good, and the queen beds were comfortable. Bedding for the fold out bed was waiting for us in the room. Some rearranging was necessary to accommodate my floor sleeper because the room was a little smaller than at most Comfort Suites. I found it interesting that there was a small exercise room on each floor, but we did not use that. It was nice to know there was an extra bathroom by the elevator on each level.

In the morning when I went downstairs and was reading on the comfy sofa, I overheard the staff talking about how lousy the coffee was and how dry the eggs were before any other guests had even arrived to eat. When I checked out the breakfast, I confirmed that both the egg patties and hard boiled eggs weren't fit to eat, and the coffee was indeed lousy, with no flavored creamer or hot cocoa mix to improve on it. I settled on things that I could prepare myself or were prepackaged, like oatmeal and yogurt. My kids enjoyed the waffles, cereal, and muffins but were disappointed that there was no hot chocolate. I usually count on peanut butter as a protein source for my picky ones, but that was also absent.

Overall, our stay was ok. We slept fairly well but were disappointed with the breakfast options.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I am so glad that you enjoyed your room and you and your family slept well. I apologize that the breakfast was not accommodating. I will address the issue as well as the issue with the staff and see if we can make some improvements for the future. Thank you so much for choosing us we appreciate it very much.