“Convenient, great value”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
“Convenient, great value”
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

I live six hours away from Johnson City. When visiting my daughter at ETSU I was looking for a convenient location off the interstate. I was very pleasantly pleased to find out that they give a discount to parents of ETSU! The room rate for parents of ETSU students was 58 dollars! The rooms are very adequate with refrigerators, microwave oven and large flat screen TV's. The location was so convenient, next to fast food restaurants, gas station, ATM etc. When I asked about the rate over graduation I was estatic to find that it was the same!! I was expecting it to at least double and be charged for two days as the usual practice in most college towns. I was informed that they double the rate for races in Bristol but not for gratuations. This is such a curtesy for parents of students. Especially, those from great distances. I found Kim to be very friendly and informative. I highly recommend this location for families of ETSU students.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Room wasn't too bad, no bugs and no mold. Since the rates are somewhat low, you get a lot of construction type workers there, so it was pretty noisy all night (thank you ear plugs). The basics are within walking distance, but you may not want to walk very far after dark. There was not enough chairs in the breakfast area for the number of people there when I stopped by. The next day I got there early and it was ok. I'll probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mikeandwife91
kim p, Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for taking time to post. We appreciate your feedback. The area is a safe area to venture out at night. We are usually pretty busy and the breakfast area is rather small but the food is pretty good. I hope you will come back and stay with us.
Rustburg, Virginia
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We chose this hotel for it's location near downtown, within walking distance (approx 1mile) to the Blue Plum Festival. We chose a room on the ground floor, very near the office. It was a reasonably clean room with plenty of room for the 2 of us. The desk clerk was very helpful in pointing us in the direction of some very nice restaurants.
Our stay was uneventful, quiet at night etc. There is a free breakfast, but we chose to go elsewhere. No reflection on the offered breakfast, we just like Waffle House! There are some fast food restaurants, drug store & grocery store within walking distance. The pool looked clean and very inviting, but we were too busy with the festival downtown. We would choose to stay here again - good rates, clean rooms, good location, friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OnTheRoadAgain1958
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The room was clean and the service was good for the entire visit. We were visiting friends in JC and at East Tennessee State University and ths was a very convenient location at a very reasonable price. Most of the other motels are on the north end of JC either on N. Roan or State of Franklin. While they are closer to shopping they are a distance from ETSU and downtown. We also had our dog with us and he was accepted very well at no cost. There were two large groups staying at the same time we were which caused the place to be full, but access to breakfast was not too difficult although the breakfast room is small. I'm partially disabled and can't walk well, but had no difficulty in getting my food. On the whole I recommend this Comfort Inn and will stay there again when we visit JC.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Burnsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2012

definitely need to wear your socks!!! my son went around barefoot for about 10 minutes and his feet were black from the grime in the floor, breakfast was very decent, room was mostly clean other than the floor and one dirty drink bottle from a previous guest, all in all it was a semi pleasant experience. cant ask to much out of a 60$ a night place. i would stay here again

Room Tip: i stayed in room 121 and with the air conditioner on i could not hear any traffic noise... it was ve...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The room was clean and comfortable and a good value. The only eating places nearby were fast food restaurants. There are no elevators but I was there early enough I was able to choose between a 1st floor and 2nd floor room. The breakfast was ample with a good variety but the breakfast room is very small and I got there after a woman and her 2 preteen boys who seem to take over the room. Some people seem to think that since someone is there to keep it clean that they don't have to clean up after themselves. The woman responsible for the breakfast room has the patience of a saint! I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Get there early if you want a 1st floor room. I was told early guests get to choose!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank jeetn
Powhatan, VA
Reviewed 3 June 2012

It's basic but, perfectly adequate for a reasonable price, and the rooms are clean. It is an older property with outside entrances and you can see daylight under the doors. Our first floor room backed on to the pool which meant we had to keep the curtains closed all the time. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. The orange juice dispensed watery liquid because the juice pack hadn't been mixed properly, and the selection of breakfast items was pretty limited.

Room Tip: A second floor room would probably be more private
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends