“Excellent food in a relaxing and elegant environment”

Gourmet and Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Gourmet and Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 306 Restaurants in Johnson City
Price range: US$45 - US$55
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Tennessee
“Excellent food in a relaxing and elegant environment”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I've eaten at Gourmet and Company on a number of occasions. The food has always been excellent and the staff is friendly, helpful and efficent. I also have found the environment to be relaxing, yet elegant. The menu changes and I've tried quite a few of the dishes, so I won't comment on specific menu items. However, I will say that everything I've had has been excellent and they always have a wine available to compliment whatever dish I selected. The best recommendation I can give any restaurant is that I look forward to going back......and I definitely look forward to visiting Gourmet and Company again.

• Visited December 2013

Elizabethton, Tennessee
“So glad that a family friend recommended this restaurant to me. It's wonderful!!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

It's not very often that I ramble on about a wonderful dining experience that I've had, but with the one that I've had today...I must say something! This was my first dining experience at this restaurant. As you first walk into the restaurant, not only are you greeted by an extremely friendly host (or hostess)...you get to feast your eyes upon a wonderfully decorated lobby and bar. There is soft Jazz music playing in the background that gives this restaurant a "come and stay with us for a while" feel. The Tomato and Basil Soup, House-Made Pasta Florentine, and Dark Chocolate Lava Cake that I had for my lunch were very flavorful and beautifully presented. My waitress was extremely courteous and helpful, in which I appreciated her service very much. Thank you all for the wonderful experience!!! Needless to say...I definitely plan to return in the future.

• Visited January 2014
Tennessee
“great lunch and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great menu of sandwiches, salads, soups and fish. The ambience is very nice. My girlfriends and I go often for lunch. The service is fantastic.

• Visited January 2014
Bristol, Virginia
“Elegant, delicious dining experience”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant through a web search and were thoroughly pleased with our entire experience there. The decor is elegant, atmosphere quiet and inviting, the service and food were top-notch. Our waiter was friendly and appropriately attentive yet unobtrusive. The dishes are prepared from fresh ingredients purchased locally - my husband had the lamb, I had the salmon - both were exquisite. We will definitely return. What a gem!

• Visited December 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Messed up my order”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The ambience was cool. (Black clad servers, black leather chairs, white table cloths) Service friendly and food was outtasight! However, we stopped for lunch and it took forever to get our food. When it was finally delivered the server explained that 'the computer messed up' and the wrong pasta dish was made and had to be remade. Nice, but I would have appreciated that explanation BEFORE my food was delivered so late. Although not crowded I never did get a water refill. Boo. Still I'd come back for the great food.

Visited December 2013