“OLD” 3 of 5 bubbles

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“OLD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

The building seems so old and has a bad odor. They should have larger chairs because they are just too small to fit a larger framed person and I was uncomfortable the whole time I was there. I had a bruise on the side of my hip the next morning! Needs updating!

Visited December 2012

Kingsport
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“THINK OF YOUR PATRONS!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I recently attended the Elton John Concert at Freedom Hall. He was excellent--absolutely no complaints with the show itself. HOWEVER, Freedom Hall has, for all practical purposes, a monopoly. It's time they showed their patrons some consideration. First: the website: several people around us thought, like we did, that our seats were closer to the stage. They appeared to be based on the seating chart and price of the tickets. We were 2 rows from the top! Surely, Freedom Hall can invest in a better diagram of their seating. Too, we had to look around the giant speakers that were suspended from the ceiling. Several people around us couldn't even see him because of the speakers. Next: the seats are badly in need of repair! Half of the smooth wooden slats on my seat were off--most uncomfortable. Bathrooms: add some! Before the show, the lines were enormous. Vending spaces: Add some roped off areas for people to wait patiently and fairly. It was "every man for himself" in line to buy souvenirs--mass chaos! I felt totally ripped off by Freedom Hall! Finally, the phone system for ordering tickets. I spent hours trying to get through when they opened the lines. I finally had to go on line--again, the seating was NOT clear. I will think long and hard before I attend another event there. And hope they either clean up THEIR act or get some competition!

3 Thank KingsportSugarmuffin
Bristol, Tennessee
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great place for a Concert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Freedom Hall is well-suited as a concert venue. Accoustics are good, seating is ample and well designed. Parking is ample.

Unicoi, TN
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Concerts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Well we just saw Elton John there this month. In the Seventies it seems like there was a concert every two weeks. I hope they will get more shows there.

Knoxville, Tennessee
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Excellent Place to see a Concert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I saw Elton John in concert at Freedom Hall on 9/16/2012. What a great place to see a concert. The walk from parking was not bad, and all the seats (except maybe those behind the stage) were good. It's a very small venue for such a big name, and that made it even better. The sound was good, and it was overall a very nice experience. First time I have been there.