“Probably some of the best food I've ever eaten”
Review of Bodega 105 - CLOSED

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phone # 423-232-0058
Reviewed 10 January 2014

First off, I had no idea what to expect when I went in this place. I'd never had Cuban food before, and I assumed it would be pretty close to Mexican. Boy was I blown away. Yes, the food has some similarities to Mexican fare, but something about the spices and styles just make it, I don't know, cleaner. I always feel kind of dirty after eating Mexican food. Almost greasy even. But something about Cuban food just doesn't have that greasy feeling to it. The Ropa is awesome, and the Bodega Burrito is probably the best food I've ever had. All authentic and fresh. Plus the Sunday buffet is one of the best deals in town! Add all of that together with some live music, and you've got one of the best places in J.C. to eat. I just wish the area was a little less sketchy... :-/

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Brim, the owner and chef of Bodega 105 will go out of his way to fulfill your experience! As a native from Miami, the food rivals Molina's! Ropa Vejia is flavorful but light and fresh tasting. His mother's black bean recipe is straight from the old country. Dont let the outside of the building fool you. The inside is relaxing with a slightly upscale feel. The staff was friendly and genuine. If you dont see something on the menu - ASK! Brim made a special plate of plantains and Cuban coffe just for us. The Sunday Brunch is a great value.

1  Thank Bea P
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Negative= only open Thurs thru Sunday brunch.
Positive= Friday & Saturday nights, the place is JUMPING.
Awesome entertainment, they play standards with a jazzy feel & some Latin.
Great food - try the 'masas de puerco' (deep fried pork chunks)
Among the regulars are some really good dancers, fun to watch.
Who would have expected a Johnson City restaurant to out-do Miami!!!

1  Thank Floridaoldkid
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My problems started when they were out of the wine I ordered and then out of the entrée. The sangria tasted watered down and the salsa tasted like ketchup with hot sauce. The jazz trio was great, but they just had to do every number at about 1500 decibels!

Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

We had our first experience at Bodega 105 for dinner last Friday. The decor leaves something to be desired. It has a dated look. However, the food, starting with the freshly made guacamole appetizer, was excellent! I recommend the Ropa Vieja especially. Our server was very nice and accomodating. There was live music that provided a nice touch, but was not so loud that we couldn't enjoy our conversation. We were too full to try dessert. However we look forward to trying something sweet on our next visit.