“Poor Service - Misleading Reviews”

Rainbow Asian Cuisine
Ranked #54 of 305 Restaurants in Johnson City
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dine in and Take out Authentic Chinese & Thai food in a clean, quiet atmosphere. All dishes are prepared with-out any MSG, fresh ingredients and uses only top-grade USDA choice meats. We only use the highest quality jasmine rice from Thailand and health brown rice from China. Reservations and large parties are welcome.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Poor Service - Misleading Reviews”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I and a colleague visited this establishment while on business to Johnson City. In fact, we were staying at the hotel connected to the restaurant. I read the reviews on TA and we decided to give it a try.

Our waitress was horrible. She was blatantly rude to us. When we asked about drinks, she merely pointed to a list and said, "over there". She then took the drink order and walked away. A moment later, she came over and asked, "want any appetizers?" in a less than enthused manner. After the meal, she asked if we needed to-go boxes and when we replied "no" she said "good".

The food was OK. It seemed to be fresh and it was definitely hot. We both had Pho soup and spring /egg rolls. The only disappointing thing about the food was the over-use of cilantro. I'm not a big cilantro fan to begin with, but they definitely overused it.

I am probably not going to eat here again.

1 Thank Sawldw

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Don't pass these guys by....”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Driven past this location countless times and always thought to myself "how good could a restaurant attached to a hotel really be?"

Visited Rainbow Asian Cuisine on Saturday for a party and was blown away by the quality of the food. VERY delicious. Entrees portions are a full dinner plate served with a an entire bowl-portion of rice. Prices were very reasonable (~$10 per person), full bar is available.... I was very surprised, very pleased and this will become a regular staple to our dinner out plans.

We enjoy the Kung Po chicken, Chicken Curry and Pad Thai entrees. All were delicious! We love spicy food, so we ordered it 5 chili's hot. If you enjoy spicy food, don't get less than 5 chili's. You'll be disappointed. :)

Was a wonderful experience,. the wait staff was very welcoming and attentive. Don't pass these guys by as I have. Definitely worth the visit.

• Visited April 2014
“A must”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing food we eat there often one of the best restaurants in town if not the best! Food is prepared to order you can choose the degree of spice. Nothing is prepared in advance.

Blountville, Tennessee
“Really Good Food!!!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I don't think this restaurant is given enough credit for what it is because it is located inside the Best Western . I had seen it before driving through Johnson City but wouldn't give it a second look before. Found it on Trip Advisor and took a chance and I am glad I did. We went race weekend and there were a few people in the place. It was very clean and our wait staff was very friendly and helpful. Will go again very soon.

• Visited March 2014
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“2nd Time as Good as First”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The real test for a restaurant I have had a positive experience at once is can they repeat the performance a second time? Rainbow Asian delivered. My wife has General Tso's and I tried the Chicken Chow Mein (white sauce version). We also each had the hot & sour soup. Everything arrived hot, the chicken in both our dishes was of great quality (they took the time to thinly slice the chicken in the chow mein), and the rice was well prepared. If I had to say something negative I suppose the Chow Mein was perhaps a tad too salty. We can't really comment about what happens during their busy periods as we have been there during slow periods in off hours.

• Visited March 2014