“My Experience”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Kingsport, Tennessee
“My Experience”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I met my girlfriend in person for the first time in December 2013 and we decided to find a place for me. We made a stop in Johnson City and Quality Inn was one of the places we visited. The place was wonderful. I couldn't say much about the pool because it was closed at the time for the season but the place is convenient to restaurants and gas stations. Not to mention the room was wonderful and neatly organized upon when we first entered it. The staff were very helpful and the continental breakfast was excellent. I would recommend other guests to stay at this Quality Inn, especially when traveling here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boyzkgang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arvada, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel has remodeled to have a coach house type exterior. Inside is a classic older Quality Inn. Nice people, clean room. The first floor was quiet and the HVAC was efficient. Breakfast was basic. Good basic place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank R Doyle G
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear "R Doyle G,"
I was very happy to read that your stay with us was pleasant. We have undergone some renovations within the last year including new carpet, exterior paint, furniture, showers and bedding, so I am pleased to see that you noticed the improvements! My staff will also be happy to see your comments concerning the clean room, quiet accommodations and efficient HVAC. Our full hot breakfast does offer a lot of variety and I would greatly like to hear your thoughts on what we could do to make it even better! Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, and feel free to contact me directly for your next stay!

Safe Travels,
Fairfield ct
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and spacious. Nice bathroom, coffee in room, fridge, microwave, iron. The pool and exercise room are great, however the breakfast was lacking. Would stay here again as it was very inexpensive for comfortable, clean accommodations.

Stayed March 2014
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear "Portablestraw,"

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us here in Johnson City! I was happy to read that you enjoyed your comfortable, clean room and that you found it a 'great value.' As the General Manager I am always very grateful to hear from my guests and I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the breakfast choices. As a Quality Inn we are very proud to offer a full breakfast ranging from yogurt, boiled eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits as well as a great waffle bar. Any suggestions you may have to make it even better would be most welcome. I do hope we can impress you on your next visit to the area and perhaps give you a wonderful breakfast as well! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and other travelers!

Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The room was very clean when we first got there. The room that we were in had some coffee and a coffee maker in it, which I had not seen before. The bed was very comfy. I would recommend this hotel to someone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

"Angel D,"

I was very happy to see that you found our hotel clean and worthy of recommendation! We work hard to make sure our guests enjoy the best in cleanliness and service. I will pass your review on to my housekeeping staff as they will be delighted to hear your stay was made better by their efforts. I hope we will have an opportunity to host your next visit to the area. Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay!

Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Quality Inn of Johnson City, TN is an excellent value. My hotel room and the common areas are clean. The rate is inexpensive. The room had the basic amenities any traveler would need, but not every amenity available they may want. The free breakfast was typical of generic, free breakfast fare. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear "Mark M,"

I would like to thank you for your thoughts on your recent stay. Hearing feedback from my guests is a great privilege! My staff and I were very happy to hear the you found our hotel an Excellent Value! We do strive to be responsive to our guests needs, friendly throughout their stay and professional in all our interactions. Ultimately we want to be the "quality" you have come to expect from Choice Hotels. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and would love to hear any suggestions you may have to make it even better, that goes for the in-room amenities as well. In the meantime I wish you safe travels and happy homecomings!!
Thank you again for your time and review!!

Ft Washington MD
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Not a resort style hotel/motel but perfect for a 1-2 night stay. The room was spotless, with a mini fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable and for once the heating unit was relatively quiet. Of course the thermostat allowed for great differences: too cool then the heat comes on and quickly becomes too hot but this complaint seems universal in the less expensive over night accommodations but at least it was quiet. This is a dog friendly facility and we were offered a 1st floor room to make dog walking easier which was nice. Some have complained about smoke odor but our room was odorless. When taking a road trip I do not expect to stay in my room except for sleep thus if the room is clean and smoke free, the bed comfortable and the breakfast adequate, I am satisfied. This facility met all of my needs and then some. The staff was very helpful and professionally friendly. While many have different desires in hotels/motels, I do not have many demands when just passing thru an area. The breakfast was very good, replenished as needed and the breakfast room was comfortable with many tables and adequate space to serve guests comfortably.
Because I have family in Nashville and live in the DC area I have reason to travel this area and will stay here again and will recommend this motel to family traveling to my area. Good value and good accommodation; what more do you need?

i

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat124
JIjohnsoncityTN, General Manager at Quality Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear “Pat124,”
First, I would like to extend my gratitude to you for the thorough review you posted of your recent stay! I was delighted to hear that your experience was made better by our “spotless” clean rooms, “comfortable” beds, “quiet” heating/cooling unit and “professionally friendly” staff! My staff will be very happy to hear that their efforts helped to make your stay so memorable. On a personal note and as a pet owner, I am also happy to hear that we were able to help make all the members of our family, two legged and four legged, as comfortable as possible while here in Johnson City! Also, it is encouraging to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast menu. The full hot breakfast is just one way we like to extend the best in value to our guests! We look forward to your next visit and are happy to be yours and your family’s Choice hotel when traveling to Johnson City. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and TripAdvisor!