“Clean, convenient and good value”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Cary, NC
“Clean, convenient and good value”
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Summer checked us in at the front desk and was pleasant and accomodating, providing us with a king bed upon request. We booked our room through Priceline and got an excellent rate. Was quite surprised of the 2 star rating from spaciousness and attractiveness of both the lobby and our guest room. Orange/apple juice provided all day in lobby and upscale continental breakfast served in mornings with Belgian waffle, fruit and biscuits/gravy. Guest room was quite spacious with comfortable bed, lounge chair, and cable tv. Nickle-plated faucet handles gave nice impression in bathroom. Cracker Barrel right next door with numerous restaurants one exit down-Cheddars is great restaurant. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Inititally, my expectations for the Jameson Inn were low. We booked three nights on Priceline for $40/night so I figured if anything, it would be one of those, "you get what you pay for" events. Boy, was I right.

The room itself was clean but a little on the small side. Perhaps we would have have more room if we'd booked one queen or king, but because we went through Priceline we were randomly assigned two double beds. Our TV only received 13 channels, though according to the guide we should have had around 40. I'd read on another review that the Internet connection was fast; however, this was not the case with ours. In addition, the water pressure in the shower was very low. Both the first and second nights, our room keys stopped working and we had to take them to the front desk to be fixed. The beds were not very comfortable - every morning I woke up with a sore back and neck.

After making the above observations, my boyfriend spoke with the front desk clerk our first morning and she offered to put us in a new room. She said the cleaning crew would arrive at 9am, and she would have them start on a new room for us soon. We headed out to sightsee around 10:30am and stopped by the front desk to check the status on our room. The clerk had forgotten what she promised us, and asked to be reminded what she was supposed to do for us.

We returned to the hotel around 10:30pm and stopped by the front desk to see about our new room. By this time a new clerk was working, and had not been informed about the promise to move us to a new room. My boyfriend again explained the situation and was told there were no available rooms. Regarding the television, they gave us a new remote to try. Upon returning to the room, we discovered that we were given a Phillips remote for an RCA TV.

The one redeeming quality of the hotel is the breakfast, which was free and quite tasty. I never visited the breakfast room myself, as my boyfriend would bring it to me in the room. However, I had biscuits and gravy and waffles, and both were good.

As far as location is concerned, the Jameson Inn is right off the Interstate, which is handy.

On a side note, we noticed on the second night that if we pushed our laptop right up against the wall on the desk, the wireless worked much better.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sherita1023
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We stayed here one night on our way up to points further north -- have a friend in city center but her house was too small to host us. The room was clean, roomy and quiet. It is a couple miles from city center but closer to the interstate 81, so that was okay with us. There is a Cracker Barrel next door which I would definitely recommend over the breakfast provided by the hotel -- it is a scant breakfast and unless you get there EARLY the pickings are slim and not super tasty. Service was friendly and efficient. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Middleburg, OH
Reviewed 1 April 2008

This was a very nice and comfortable room. It had a microwave and a refrigerator. It was very clean and quiet. It allows pets which is very important to us. It has an outdoor pool and a separate exercise building with the pool. It has a small continental breakfast. The only thing I was unhappy about was that the wireless internet didn't work in the building we stayed in. This is the only reason I didn't give it an excellent rating. I was very pleased with this hotel.

• Liked — clean, quiet, allows pets
  • Disliked — no wireless in the building I was in
  • Stayed March 2008
SEATTLE, WA
Reviewed 13 August 2007

The exterior of the hotel is nice.

But beware! This hotel is dirty!

Amenities were bare. I called and asked for an ironing board and they did not have one. The clerk did nothing to help me albeit I had nothing ironed for my AM departure and plane trip!

If you are used to staying in hostels, this may be the place for you.

Bonus - wireless internet works well.

• Liked — Wireless internet
  • Disliked — Dirty - no ironing board!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank QUEENANNEGRL
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 11 June 2007

We must have had the very same room as HillyBlonde. The toilet in our room ran on and off all night and stopped up both days of our stay. The first morning, we fixed it ourselves by pouring an ice bucket of water in the toilet bowl. The same thing happened the next morning, but when we tried the same "fix" the toilet overflowed into the dressing area. A bit hazardous when blowdrying your hair... The air conditioner only blew air from one side of the vents. The vent in the bathroom was filthy and there were brown cobwebs hanging from the ceiling.
We should have known there would be problems when there were only 2 towels in the room, when the reservations clearly stated 2 adults. While my husband went to the office to get more towels, I realized there was no iron/ironing board. They finally brought us a tabletop ironing board and an iron that soaked my husband's clothes. Iron #2 did the same thing.
My husband & I spend 2-3 days every week on the road (sales) and when we voiced the problems with the room at check out, we were told to come back next year after renovations.....I don't think so.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — The condition of the room / lack of concern by employees
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
sevier county
Reviewed 3 May 2007

Due to being in town for business, my husband was booked in this hotel by his company. I drove up and stayed with him 2 of the 5 days. The hotel is just the bare basics! Bed, TV and bathroom. The room was not cleaned each day & when I complained...they said they were short of help. The toilet stopped up the first day. They gave us a plunger on the third day and never sent maintenance to correct the problem, even tho we reminded them daily of the problem. Only half of the air conditioner unit worked, blowing air from one side and nothing from the other. The furnishings were acceptable yet very dusty and dirty. Staffing could use classes on customer service. They only speak when spoken to and then have no answers. Johnson City has many hotels available. I'd suggest going somewhere else.

• Liked — Convenient to interstate
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business