“Thank you.”

Red Roof Inn Johnson City
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I was at a convention in Johnson City for several days last month, and I opted to room here instead of the hotel at which the convention was taking place. This is a solid property with clean, pleasant rooms and an impeccably friendly and competent desk staff. Jim and Jhanel were fantastic and brightened everybody's day.

The weekly rate I received for the duration of my stay cannot be beat. Even without a discount, this is an incredible value. There is no breakfast included, but you receive a discount for any meal at the nearby Shoney's, a deal of which I took advantage a couple of times. And at these rates, I'm not complaining.

Everything that is supposed to work in a room worked, including the Wi-Fi. And to me, that, along with the rates, overall cleanliness and staff, garner this property five stars. If I were in the area again, I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RoadTripToSFO
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you so much for your positive comments.

I hope the convention was productive and enjoyable.

We certainly hope to see you again, if your travels bring you to our area. Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Don't usually stay at Red Roof for a variety of reasons: old outdated, outside access, seedy characters hanging out there.....Decide to give it a try as I saw sign said it was newly renovated, I was on motorcycle and only needed a place to lay my head and take a shower.
I was really surprised. The front desk person made me feel at home, allowing me to pick where I wanted to stay and recommended a spot where my bike was right outside the door. For $49, I was totally shocked. Flat screen tv, hardwood floor, clean room and property. Sleep thru the night as the mattress was very comfortable.I will have to reevaluate spending twice as much when I need less than 10 hours in a room. As good as any of the other midrange hotels I've stayed in recently. 10% discount at restaurants in adjacent shopping center.

Room Tip: Room on same side as office quieter. Don't face highway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark G
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

I am very happy you gave us a try based on other reviews of the property.

We have an excellent staff here, who take pride in the property and the product we offer. I am glad you found our recent renovations to your liking.

We hope to see you again if you need lodging while passing through this area, and possibly also trying other Red Roof Inns which have been renovated as well.

Thank you again, and also for posting your own review.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had read a tripadvisor review on this hotel & it sold me on making reservations. Love the wood flooring, the cleanliness of the room, the nice linens, the desk, flat screen TV, the microwave, refrig, and the nice shower:) Was decorated simply & tastefully. In an where you could walk to anything you needed, yet has shady landscaping. Will stay at this place again:)

Room Tip: We had a king room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property.

I was very pleased to see you were happy with our recent renovations.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is an older hotel and I don't know if I'd stay there again. The room was very small, minimum of towels, etc. and there is no breakfast available. From the reviews I had read I thought it would be much better. The price was excessive since there was a lot going on in the area and rooms were at a premium. We paid $212. It was worth about $60. I might stay there for $60 but doubtful. I was just not impressed at all. The only positive thing was the person at the check-in counter gave us a discount or it would have been $250.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
brett c, Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

I am sorry your experience was just "ok". The rates were quite a bit higher due to the Nascar race during the weekend. This only occurs twice a year.

The entire exterior, and interior of all the rooms, were renovated just over a year ago. I believe you were in a Standard King room. Our Superior King rooms are larger, and also have a larger flat screen television, a micro-fridge, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, and have a full size desk. This room type was sold out during the weekend, but possibly if you gave us another try, this room would be more to your liking.

Again, sorry for the timing of the races coinciding with your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was so impressed with this Red Roof Inn that I barely know what to say! I drive my husband crazy because I am really cheap as far as what I will spend on a hotel, but super picky at the same time. This place exceeded my expectations. I was very hesitant about booking this room, but once we got there I was so impressed. They have hardwood style laminate flooring in the rooms (none of that disgusting stinky hotel carpet!) and all new updated furniture and flat screen TVs. We stayed in a Superior King room that had a large workspace and a microwave and refrigerator. The service was super friendly as well. Plus, we were able to bring our dogs for no extra pet fee and didn't get stuck in a stinky smoking room due to having pets since this place is 100% smoke free. HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MollyfromCburg

Thank you Molly for taking the time to review our property.

I was very happy to see you were pleased with the results of our recent renovations. Like you, I feel the laminate flooring is a major improvement over carpet.

I will share your comments with the entire staff, as they take great pride in the property, and it is always nice to hear their efforts are paying off.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you and your dogs again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great price, great rooms and friendly staff. I can recommend this hotel if you are in the area, the price is low and the quality is high.

The staff was very nice, and gave us a lot of advice on where to go next in our trip. Our room was big and with new TV, bed and everything.

Great stay overall!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Robert for posting a review of our property.

I am glad you approved of our recent renovations. I believe the renovations have improved the quality of our rooms, and it is nice to hear guest feedback validating this point.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I cannot stress enough how pleased I am with this motel. It was recently updated to "next-gen" 100% smoke free rooms. The floors are a hardwood style floating floor, and all of the rooms are 100% updated. This is not the Red Roof Inn of old. This is under new owners and new management. If you're coming to the Tri-cities, this is the place to stay. EXTREMELY great prices. Like around $60! The value is beyond any other.

And the guy named Jim that works at the front desk most of the time, should be promoted. He is a very kind and courteous man.

Very Professional, Great Stay!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank BillyBettancourt
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

We certainly appreciate your comments, and taking the time to post a review. Guest feedback is extremely important to us, and I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff.

I am glad you were happy with the results of our latest renovations. We were lucky to be in the first phase of the renovations last year. They will be continuing these renovations chainwide, and soon all the properties will be completed like ours. This property has always been a corporate owned property, as Red Roof Inn is approximately 50/50 corporate owned and franchised.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.