“A Very Rude Employee”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Bradford, Pennsylvania
“A Very Rude Employee”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I called after my boyfriend called to ask about making a reservation using a comp. certificate that my dad earned originally a female employee told him no it was not doable. I was confused because earlier an employee at another Red Roof Inn location told me this would be fine so I called back. I spoke with the same female employee who was truly one of the rudest customer service employees I have ever spoken with. At first she she told me it couldn't be done, but then she said if I had my dad call and make the reservation and put my boyfriend's name on it that it would be doable so she said she would transfer me to the central reservation center to do this and then we were disconnected or so I thought. I called central reservation myself and spoke with a woman who called the Johnson City front desk worker and got back on the phone with me and apologized for the confusion but said this was not doable. Frustrating because my boyfriend drove 10 hours in one day and has 14 hours to drive tomorrow and we were told he'd have a place to stay. So then I called the Johnson City location back and a man answered and I explained the situation and heard the woman I spoke with earlier yelling in the background. I then asked for a manager or when the manager would be in. The woman got back on the phone and yelled at me - saying it wasn't doable and that was that. At this point I understood what she was saying but I did not appreciate being spoken to. She quickly gave me a spiel about how it's policy and NEVER apologized for misinforming me then she hung up. I called back and asked her why she hung up and she said "oh I didn't I thought you said goodbye" I can assure you I never did. I didn't get a word in period because she would not stop interrupting me. I asked again when the manager would be in and she said "yeah I'll let him know you called 7 times about the same thing" and hung up on me AGAIN. I did not call 7 times. And had she not been so rude and gave me the correct information the first time I would have only called once. She was truly so incredibly rude to me. I am disgusted. Truly awful customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sarah M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
Blue Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Every time we visit Johnson City Tn, we stay at the Red Roof Inn 210 Broyles Drive. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and friendly employees. Well lite parking lot and elevator. Resturants and shopping close by. We visit 2-3 times a year and will continue to stay there. 5 Stars !!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Deb W
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you so much for being a loyal guest of ours. We certainly appreciate it.

If anything should ever change in a negative way, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you next time, and have a happy holiday season.
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Just about 10 minutes off of I-81, down I-181 in Johnson City, TN is a very clean, and friendly Red Roof Inn. This is a 100% non smoking hotel. It is surrounded by everything from fast food restaurants, to a Super Wal-Mart. The staff was very helpful with local information, and of course they have that "Southern Charm." We brought along Mr Charlie Brown, one of our dogs, for our trip. No extra cost for Charlie. There is ample walking room for pets. Rooms have a safe, small fridge, micro, flat screen with HBO. They provide coffee 24 hours, but that's all they provide. For the price: that's enough. Save your money with this very nice, well maintained, moderately priced, hotel. (ps bring you own pillow they're pillows are a bit small)

Room Tip: Our room was a King on the lower level.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TalyMon
We certainly appreciate you staying with us, and am very happy to see your stay went well. This is what we strive for. I hope Mr. Charlie Brown approved as well.

Thank you again, and if you are in the area please stop by.

Have a great holiday season.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Nice rooms, renovated, clean. Close to highway. Near restaurants that give discounts for your stay. Nice TV's with hbo, fridge, wifi. Good for traveling. Will stay there again. Kind of urban area with lots of shops, parking lots. Kroger and liquor store less than a mile away.

• Stayed November 2013
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad the room, and the location worked out for you.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Thank you again, and I hope you have had a nice Thanksgiving.
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were made to feel very welcome by the staff. The room was very clean, the king size bed roomy and comfortable, plenty of lighting and a nice desk to work from. Their were plenty of restaurants in the area so we didn't have to drive far to get something to eat. We will definitely stay at Red Roof Inn on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you so much for your comments.

I was pleased to see your stay was a good one, from the staff, to the room, and also the location.

We certainly appreciate you staying with us, and if you are in the area again, we look forward to seeing you then. Thank you again.
Newport News
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I like Red Roof Inns. I am a Redicard member. This one was very clean, nicely maintained and had very friendly people as usual. My main complaint is the same for many hotel chains: why hook a big high-def TV to a low-def signal from a cable or satellite. Several channels had noise and interference. (Like an old analog cable.) They really need to upgrade their motel TV channels from something that was designed years ago and that is really high-def. I suspect they want to sell movies and that is holding them back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Badge958
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us, and I am very pleased to hear your room was very clean, and all the staff was friendly.

We have had some interference issues with some of the channels recently. Our television tech was out today, and he replaced a couple of the power supplies to the Direct Tv racks. This seemed to clear up almost all of the interference. Direct Tv will also be doing an upgrade to the equipment before year end, and hopefully this will also improve the signal even more, maybe even HD. We don't have the final information on what exactly will be happening just yet.

We hope to see you again, whenever you are in the area. Thank you again.
Center Hill
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Awesome! We were tired after driving over 10 hours. Our room was on the 2nd floor. It was nice to have an elevator available.We were very impressed with the room. There were several electrical outlets where you would need them the most. Everything worked great. Coffee maker was different but cute. I would highly recommend this motel. Go through hotels.com though.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank BJW1988
Thank you so much for the positive comments. We have an excellent staff here, who takes pride in the property.

If you travel quite a bit, we have a loyalty program, the RediCard. You earn points with each stay, towards free nights. You can book rooms directly with us at www.redroof.com, and I believe you will find the best rate available on the internet.

Thank you again for staying with us, and come back and see us.