“Very nice for the price!”

Red Roof Inn Johnson City
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I traveled here to split my trip from the DC Area to Nashville. I checked in easily, got to my room and ran some errands. There's a target next door and a small mall around the corner.
I felt safe and enjoyed the 100% no smoking policy.
The rooms have been redone and look clean. The only complaint is that the internet was pretty slow :( Other than that, great little space for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah C
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We certainly appreciate you staying with us.

I am glad you brought up the internet. I agree it could be better, and the good news is, it will be better in the very near future. We are due for an upgrade to both the internet, and our television package. There will be additional channels added to our current lineup, and they should be in HD as well. Both of these upgrades should be happening before May of 2014.

Thank you again, and we hope you give us another chance in the future to check out the upgraded television package, and improved internet.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Johnson City Red Roof Inn when we traveled from Charlotte, NC to take our dog to the Vet. We've stayed at this hotel several times and are always pleased with the experience. Our check-in was quick and the room was great - clean, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. Check-out was equally quick. Front desk personnel were very friendly. Lots of good restaurants very convenient to hotel. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan E
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us. It is always nice to see when guests have stayed in the past, and keep returning. We certainly appreciate it.

I hope your dog had a nice visit as well, and they were nice to him/her at the vet's office.

We look forward to seeing you again, the next time you are in town. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I called after my boyfriend called to ask about making a reservation using a comp. certificate that my dad earned originally a female employee told him no it was not doable. I was confused because earlier an employee at another Red Roof Inn location told me this would be fine so I called back. I spoke with the same female employee who was truly one of the rudest customer service employees I have ever spoken with. At first she she told me it couldn't be done, but then she said if I had my dad call and make the reservation and put my boyfriend's name on it that it would be doable so she said she would transfer me to the central reservation center to do this and then we were disconnected or so I thought. I called central reservation myself and spoke with a woman who called the Johnson City front desk worker and got back on the phone with me and apologized for the confusion but said this was not doable. Frustrating because my boyfriend drove 10 hours in one day and has 14 hours to drive tomorrow and we were told he'd have a place to stay. So then I called the Johnson City location back and a man answered and I explained the situation and heard the woman I spoke with earlier yelling in the background. I then asked for a manager or when the manager would be in. The woman got back on the phone and yelled at me - saying it wasn't doable and that was that. At this point I understood what she was saying but I did not appreciate being spoken to. She quickly gave me a spiel about how it's policy and NEVER apologized for misinforming me then she hung up. I called back and asked her why she hung up and she said "oh I didn't I thought you said goodbye" I can assure you I never did. I didn't get a word in period because she would not stop interrupting me. I asked again when the manager would be in and she said "yeah I'll let him know you called 7 times about the same thing" and hung up on me AGAIN. I did not call 7 times. And had she not been so rude and gave me the correct information the first time I would have only called once. She was truly so incredibly rude to me. I am disgusted. Truly awful customer service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Every time we visit Johnson City Tn, we stay at the Red Roof Inn 210 Broyles Drive. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and friendly employees. Well lite parking lot and elevator. Resturants and shopping close by. We visit 2-3 times a year and will continue to stay there. 5 Stars !!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Deborah W
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you so much for being a loyal guest of ours. We certainly appreciate it.

If anything should ever change in a negative way, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you next time, and have a happy holiday season.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Just about 10 minutes off of I-81, down I-181 in Johnson City, TN is a very clean, and friendly Red Roof Inn. This is a 100% non smoking hotel. It is surrounded by everything from fast food restaurants, to a Super Wal-Mart. The staff was very helpful with local information, and of course they have that "Southern Charm." We brought along Mr Charlie Brown, one of our dogs, for our trip. No extra cost for Charlie. There is ample walking room for pets. Rooms have a safe, small fridge, micro, flat screen with HBO. They provide coffee 24 hours, but that's all they provide. For the price: that's enough. Save your money with this very nice, well maintained, moderately priced, hotel. (ps bring you own pillow they're pillows are a bit small)

Room Tip: Our room was a King on the lower level.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TalyMon

We certainly appreciate you staying with us, and am very happy to see your stay went well. This is what we strive for. I hope Mr. Charlie Brown approved as well.

Thank you again, and if you are in the area please stop by.

Have a great holiday season.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Nice rooms, renovated, clean. Close to highway. Near restaurants that give discounts for your stay. Nice TV's with hbo, fridge, wifi. Good for traveling. Will stay there again. Kind of urban area with lots of shops, parking lots. Kroger and liquor store less than a mile away.

• Stayed: November 2013
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad the room, and the location worked out for you.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Thank you again, and I hope you have had a nice Thanksgiving.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were made to feel very welcome by the staff. The room was very clean, the king size bed roomy and comfortable, plenty of lighting and a nice desk to work from. Their were plenty of restaurants in the area so we didn't have to drive far to get something to eat. We will definitely stay at Red Roof Inn on our next trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so much for your comments.

I was pleased to see your stay was a good one, from the staff, to the room, and also the location.

We certainly appreciate you staying with us, and if you are in the area again, we look forward to seeing you then. Thank you again.