“Excellent value for dollar”

Red Roof Inn Johnson City
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Once again, trip Advisor folks come through. This king room for one at $50 cannot be beat. Typical motel room, but very comfortable, and most importantly, extremely clean. Front desk hostess was very friendly and helpful in dinner suggestions and directions. Rooms have hardwood floors, which I prefer, and are nicely furnished, including large flat screen and free wifi and work desk. Also, all rooms are non smoking so they don't have that lingering smell.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

We certainly appreciate you staying with us.

I agree, I believe the laminate wood flooring is a major improvement over carpet. We should be getting an upgrade to our television package, and also improved WiFi soon. We hope to see you again, whenever you are in the area.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms and very friendly staff. Would suggest a suite if traveling with a family as they are pretty spacious. Walking distance to food, stores (target, tjmaxx, books a million) and a bowling alley across the street. A great affordable hotel.

Stayed: January 2014
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us.

You must have been in a Superior King room. They are quite a bit larger than the Standard King rooms, and have the full size desk, along with hair dryer, iron, and board, and a coffee maker.

Our staff takes pride in the property, and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here for one night and was AMAZED at how modern and clean the room was. It's located right near Rt. 26.

I was in Rm. 116 and it faced a wall and was facing the road side of the location.

the room (king-sized bed) was beautiful, with laminate wood floors and carpet squares next to the bed and in front of the door. The bathroom was new and the shower was awesome.

For $40 (AAA rate, booked with AAA) I couldn't have been more pleased. The bed was comfy, there were lots of pillows, and the Red Roof Inn got the job done: provided a pleasant room to sleep in for one night.

I'll definitely stay there again on my next trip to North Carolina.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the office side of the building. I think it will be quieter, although what noise...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

I am so glad you are pleased with the recent renovations we had done to our rooms. Renovations much like ours, will be happening at most of the Red Roof Inns.

Your next trip through, you should try one of the Superior King rooms. For a few dollars more, they are quite a bit larger. These rooms have a full size desk, a larger television, hair dryer, iron and board, and a one cup coffee maker. Great rooms, especially if staying for more than just one night.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to North Carolina.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I traveled here to split my trip from the DC Area to Nashville. I checked in easily, got to my room and ran some errands. There's a target next door and a small mall around the corner.
I felt safe and enjoyed the 100% no smoking policy.
The rooms have been redone and look clean. The only complaint is that the internet was pretty slow :( Other than that, great little space for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah C

We certainly appreciate you staying with us.

I am glad you brought up the internet. I agree it could be better, and the good news is, it will be better in the very near future. We are due for an upgrade to both the internet, and our television package. There will be additional channels added to our current lineup, and they should be in HD as well. Both of these upgrades should be happening before May of 2014.

Thank you again, and we hope you give us another chance in the future to check out the upgraded television package, and improved internet.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Johnson City Red Roof Inn when we traveled from Charlotte, NC to take our dog to the Vet. We've stayed at this hotel several times and are always pleased with the experience. Our check-in was quick and the room was great - clean, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. Check-out was equally quick. Front desk personnel were very friendly. Lots of good restaurants very convenient to hotel. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan E
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us. It is always nice to see when guests have stayed in the past, and keep returning. We certainly appreciate it.

I hope your dog had a nice visit as well, and they were nice to him/her at the vet's office.

We look forward to seeing you again, the next time you are in town. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I called after my boyfriend called to ask about making a reservation using a comp. certificate that my dad earned originally a female employee told him no it was not doable. I was confused because earlier an employee at another Red Roof Inn location told me this would be fine so I called back. I spoke with the same female employee who was truly one of the rudest customer service employees I have ever spoken with. At first she she told me it couldn't be done, but then she said if I had my dad call and make the reservation and put my boyfriend's name on it that it would be doable so she said she would transfer me to the central reservation center to do this and then we were disconnected or so I thought. I called central reservation myself and spoke with a woman who called the Johnson City front desk worker and got back on the phone with me and apologized for the confusion but said this was not doable. Frustrating because my boyfriend drove 10 hours in one day and has 14 hours to drive tomorrow and we were told he'd have a place to stay. So then I called the Johnson City location back and a man answered and I explained the situation and heard the woman I spoke with earlier yelling in the background. I then asked for a manager or when the manager would be in. The woman got back on the phone and yelled at me - saying it wasn't doable and that was that. At this point I understood what she was saying but I did not appreciate being spoken to. She quickly gave me a spiel about how it's policy and NEVER apologized for misinforming me then she hung up. I called back and asked her why she hung up and she said "oh I didn't I thought you said goodbye" I can assure you I never did. I didn't get a word in period because she would not stop interrupting me. I asked again when the manager would be in and she said "yeah I'll let him know you called 7 times about the same thing" and hung up on me AGAIN. I did not call 7 times. And had she not been so rude and gave me the correct information the first time I would have only called once. She was truly so incredibly rude to me. I am disgusted. Truly awful customer service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Every time we visit Johnson City Tn, we stay at the Red Roof Inn 210 Broyles Drive. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and friendly employees. Well lite parking lot and elevator. Resturants and shopping close by. We visit 2-3 times a year and will continue to stay there. 5 Stars !!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Deborah W
brett c, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you so much for being a loyal guest of ours. We certainly appreciate it.

If anything should ever change in a negative way, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you next time, and have a happy holiday season.